Jurassic Park 2-CD (La-La Land) - 5th Of July 2022

crocodile

What the heck is this?

There can't be any more musical, right? The 2016 release was complete. Better sound quality? Doubtful. 

And what's this black and white cover? Looks almost like an unofficial demo or something...

For just a nanosecond I read the thread title as Jurassic Park 3.

It's nice that it's coming back for anyone who missed the box but I'm puzzled at what they could possibly improve.

3 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

I think they finally fixed the teeth... :D

65 million years on a dental waiting list?

Karol

For LaLa Land's sake, all the units of their "Planet of the Apes' CD-Box set have better be sold.  Because this JP release, has convinced me to wait unit 1st 'Planet of the Apes' remastered-CD soundtrack gets released.

Maybe the JP reissue was mastered from the multitracks instead of stereo mixes.

As for Clear and Present Danger, I hope it includes the film version of "Ambush"!

That's the best flyer I've ever seen!!! :love2::love2::love2::love2::love2::love2:

Horner's year continues and that's so great! No JP is simply one of the holiest grail in film music ever so that's so great LLL succeed to make it available again for new generation!

Thanks to all involved this year is getting better and better every month!

At least this reissue comes after TLW has already been done, otherwise we'd all be thrilled that we had JP, but pining for TLW :P 

And I did muse a little while back that the first one (at least) deserved to be in print perpetially, so this is at least something.

I bet they just included the album suites this time and gave it a new master. It'll probably be like their Superman series and Intrada's Jaws. They'll start with the first score and work their way to at least the third score in a relatively short time frame. I suspect I'll feel no need to upgrade the first two.

21 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Screenshot_20220702-022935_Gallery.jpg

That's nice.

But I don't see why the soundtrack has to reference the Crichton novel at all, which by the way hardly anybody has read.... If that was indeed the thought behind it.

Nothing beats these 2 covers, imo!

images (93).jpegimages (94).jpeg

14 minutes ago, A. A. Ron said:

I bet they just included the album suites this time and gave it a new master. It'll probably be like their Superman series and Intrada's Jaws. They'll start with the first score and work their way to at least the third score in a relatively short time frame. I suspect I'll feel no need to upgrade the first two.

That hadn't occurred to me, yeah. They could add the album combo tracks (Incident at Isla Nublar, My Friend the Brachiosaurus, End Credits, etc). That'll make JW very happy because I recall he wanted to retain the album edit of the Incident at Isla Nublar track, on the first LLL. 

Likewise if they reissue The Lost World (Hammond's Plan, The Island Prologue, Malcolm's Journey, etc). 

I really just hope this is all building up to an expansion of JP3 later in the year :wub:

Interesting. I thought the expanded and remastered release with The Lost World was already, well, expanded and remastered. If there is a significant difference, I will get it.

Double dipping is a thing that can kill the fans. I can talk hours about what the late widow of Roy Orbison, Barbara, did and how she lost the fans (to the bootleg and piracy market) by releasing tons of CD compilations containing often just one new unreleased song each.

8 minutes ago, Bespin said:

Double dipping is a thing that can kill the fans, I can talk hours about what the late widow of Roy Orbison, Barbara, did and how she lost the fans (to the bootleg and piracy market) by releasing tons of CD compilations containing often just one new unreleased song each.

Speak for yourself!

This won't change my love for John Williams and his music! Not one bit.

That said, I may or may not buy this release. Depends on the details LLL is planning to release soon.

Well this is sweet for those who missed it the first time around. 

I wonder what can be improved upon if this is indeed a remastered version and will this differ significantly from the programme of the JP scores set?

The only bit from the first set that I think would benefit from a remaster is that weirdly garbled middle section (previously unreleased) of Rescuing Sarah, but that wouldn’t even be on this set. 

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

Please please please let a TLW reissue happen next with the film edit of Ripples and percussion only tracks! I've wanted those since hearing the audio recordings from the Universal Studios tour :lol:

Was anyone else not able to make a film edit of Ripples? I mean it took me like a week of wanting to saw my feet off but I was able to get it right(I think). But what percussion only tracks from the tour are you referring to?

I just realized what could be one difference. Journey to the Island. The middle and end portion of the fanfare is slightly different in the film compared to the 2016 release and original album. I can’t give the exact time stamp at the moment, but it is from the shot of the helicopter descending the water fall to the moment the jeeps pull up when they land. 

32 minutes ago, Bellosh said:

Yes!!!!!

As someone who missed the JP Collection this is amazing news.  I'm not a huge fan or listener of The Lost World so I'm glad to be able to buy JP by itself!

Life LLL finds a way..

Yes!

Isn't this the first ever standalone release on CD?

Iirc the original expansion was digital only

1 minute ago, bruce marshall said:

Yes!

Isn't this the first ever standalone release on CD?

Iirc the original expansion was digital only

Oh yeah I think so, good point. I totally forgot about that digital release!  I remember being disappointed it was digital only!! Like a true JWfan member!

1 minute ago, Holko said:

I might be misremembering something I misunderstood so don't take this as a statement - wasn't it those 5 releases plus reissues?

I hope so, but I don't remember it to be so...

1 hour ago, Bespin said:

Double dipping is a thing that can kill the fans. I can talk hours about what the late widow of Roy Orbison, Barbara, did and how she lost the fans (to the bootleg and piracy market) by releasing tons of CD compilations containing often just one new unreleased song each.

Not me, not with a score like Jurassic.  make it better?  I'm in.