Jurassic Park 2-CD (La-La Land) - 5th Of July 2022

crocodile

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

Curious about this. I thought the AFM stipulated a 5000 quantity limit on expansions, meaning any reissue required a tracklist change?

Was it sufficient enough (in the AFM's eyes) that the score was being released solo and not in a collection with TLW, to allow another 5000 units?

I have no idea about the AFM side of things, sorry

15 minutes ago, filmmusic said:

The thing is, why this wasn't possible the first time?

I wasn't involved with the 2016 boxset so can't speak to what choices were made at the time.

1 hour ago, filmmusic said:

The thing is, why this wasn't possible the first time?

You can of course always ask why something someone made wasn't utterly perfect right away. You'd be asking that a lot though.

Labels get criticised for creating releases that are very good, but not perfect. Williams gets criticised for not recording and releasing music that he deems not just imperfect, but sub par.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

I wasn't involved with the 2016 boxset so can't speak to what choices were made at the time.

So, if you can't answer this, I understand, but when this release was brought to fruition, did you say to Mike 'hey lets check out the film take for 'Journey'' or was that already on the table?

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

I will just say we collaborated to ensure the release could be as complete and comprehensive as possible and leave it at that.

Sweet! Means I get more music from the Maestro on my playlists.

I’m fine with this being some minor updates and a reshuffle of cues.

I’m glad it’s not “we dug up a whole new set of masters rendering the old set obsolete”.

Actually, no acute need to buy this if you’ve got the 4cd box set.

I know it’s always/usually a matter of available space on extant discs, but thank you both for including the OST intact.  A completely definitive presentation of the film’s score!

Journey to the Island's one features the different segment, or one of them - there's a part in the island theme in the album take where it kinda slows down, it doesn't in this one, also the transition to the jeep segment's snappier!

I ordered it at exactly 3 PM EST. It went through, now awaiting fulfillment. Do I have to re-order it since the order page disappeared after the order was placed?

I wonder if there is a film version recording of “T-Rex Chase” or was that something simply created in the editing room? Its been a while since I compared them, but I seem to remember the orchestra jabs before the chase sounding very different in the film vs on the anthology. We have what Williams originally recorded so just wondering if there is more recorded there or if it was just something cooked up during editing/mixing?

Just now, Sreverb01 said:

I wonder if there is a film version recording of “T-Rex Chase” or was that something simply created in the editing room? Its been a while since I compared them, but I seem to remember the orchestra jabs before the chase sounding very different in the film vs on the anthology. We have what Williams originally recorded so just wondering if there is more recorded there or if it was just something cooked up during editing/mixing?

It was created editorially. The orchestral jabs you're referring to are just looped a few times, IIRC in sync with the T-Rex foot steps. And there are a few other microedits as well.

Now we have the details, I must say that the reproduction of the album program using the remastered elements is a good reason for me to take a double dip.

I'm in.

... But in one month.

Just now, Bespin said:

Now we have the details, I must say that the reproduction of the album program using the remastered elements

which is proof that LLL are good people.  could have easily been lazy with that.

4 minutes ago, Bespin said:

Now we have the details, I must say that the reproduction of the album program using the remastered elements is a good reason for me to take a double dip.

I'm in.

... But in one month.

Or you could recreate it yourself from the LLL and leave copies for those who missed out on it?

The OST tracks "Incident At Isla Nublar", "Hatching Baby Raptor", "My Friend, The Brachiosaurus", "Eye To Eye", and "End Credits" cannot be rebuilt without using audio-editing software, which is not something everyone has / knows how to use.