Jurassic Park 2-CD (La-La Land) - 5th Of July 2022

crocodile

2 hours ago, Jay said:

That calypso cover of the JP theme was released on a real pressed CD?  

Was the arranger credited?

Louis Forestieri according to discogs : https://www.discogs.com/release/10765127-Various-Universal-Studios-Islands-Of-Adventure-Official-Soundtrack-Album

7 minutes ago, Jay said:

I never fail to get a new joy out of seeing my name on one of these.  And hey, my name's on this one twice!

And very well deserved! Super cool that you’re credited on the releases AND you’re very active on this forum so we aren’t entirely in the dark about our favorite scores being released.

Dammit really, i was making up my mind on getting this and asked music box records i wanted to add this score to my willow order in a few days, and they seemed to comply. But they must have received willow today and it has shipped.

Another fun fact:  In the 2016 box set, the AFM listing for both scores is combined together into one big list (obviously many musicians played on both scores so it isn't as crazy as some other pairings could be)

Here, the AFM list is ONLY the ones that played on JP.

Did Williams conduct some of JP? I know Artie did some of it because of John’s back surgery, but I thought JW didn’t conduct at all?

7 minutes ago, Brando said:

Did Williams conduct some of JP? I know Artie did some of it because of John’s back surgery, but I thought JW didn’t conduct at all?

They’re both credited for conducting, and the liner notes specifically mention that JW did direct some sessions before needing to bow out of conducting duties on doctor’s orders, though he was still in attendance.

Listening now. I chocked up a bit hearing Journey to the Island (Film Version). Also, this sounds better than the score as it was included in the 2016 box set. Definitive release for Jurassic Park.

Again, if The Lost World gets reissued, I’ll be pleasantly surprised, as I really don’t know how that can possibly be improved upon. Glad I have this and The Lost World.

1 hour ago, BrotherSound said:

They’re both credited for conducting, and the liner notes specifically mention that JW did direct some sessions before needing to bow out of conducting duties on doctor’s orders, though he was still in attendance.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Williams conducted the entire thing except for 2 sessions, which Artie Kane filled in for.

Ah, I didn’t know he did most of it, that’s neat!

19 minutes ago, Gibster said:

Mine came today but when I put it into itunes it doesn’t transfer any of the track or album info. Has this happened with anyone else and is there a way to fix it?

F2B1EF3E-38EB-49A4-A88C-7BC5A7966DA8.jpeg

Pretty sure that's always the case with albums from specialty labels. You'll have to fill out all that info yourself.

21 minutes ago, Gibster said:

Mine came today but when I put it into itunes it doesn’t transfer any of the track or album info. Has this happened with anyone else and is there a way to fix it?

False.

Use mp3tag and import release code [r23788994]. 

https://www.discogs.com/release/23788994-John-Williams-Jurassic-Park-Expanded-Original-Motion-Picture-Soundtrack-Remastered

1 minute ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

Pretty sure that's always the case with albums from specialty labels. You'll have to fill out all that info yourself.

LOL. 

I always use mp3 tag, super great and straightforward to use. Then I use a different program to sync to my phone since iTunes is a pain in the butt.

Also, that break before “Entrance to the Park” is very satisfying. 

7 hours ago, Brando said:

Ideally-

August: The Lost World

September: Jurassic Park 3

October: Amistad

November: Hook and The Patriot 

Now everyone’s happy.

Why do ya’ll want JP3? The Randy Newman song is all you need.

2 hours ago, Gibster said:

Mine came today too and disc 1 is ripping while I type. I use DBpoweramp and the tracks all populated correctly. I suspect it pulled the info from Discogs (which @Positivatee linked above).

51 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Do we know which JP cues did Artie Kane conduct? Sorry if that question has been answered here before.

Nope, it's not public knowledge. 

7 hours ago, BrotherSound said:

The only one who wasnt attending the sessions was Steven Spielberg. He was in Europe (Poland?) making SCHINDLER'S LIST. But he was listening to the sessions via telephone. In Todays timeline,  it would have been a total virtual session for him.

12 hours ago, Brando said:

Ideally-

August: The Lost World

September: Jurassic Park 3

October: Amistad

November: Hook and The Patriot 

Now everyone’s happy.

Arent we supposed to get 2 more expansions for the remainder of the year? Plus more reissues that Mike mentioned in the podcast.

and Its ET.'s 40th Anniversary this year! Just a thought. 

1 hour ago, Amer said:

Arent we supposed to get 2 more expansions for the remainder of the year? Plus more reissues that Mike mentioned in the podcast.