Jurassic Park 2-CD (La-La Land) - 5th Of July 2022

crocodile

12 hours ago, Gibster said:

Mine came today but when I put it into itunes it doesn’t transfer any of the track or album info. Has this happened with anyone else and is there a way to fix it?

F2B1EF3E-38EB-49A4-A88C-7BC5A7966DA8.jpeg

I had the same issue in iTunes yesterday.  Casualty of being first-day purchasers.  I typed it all in for both discs and submitted it to the database, so maybe try to find CD info again.

14 hours ago, Gibster said:

Mine came today but when I put it into itunes it doesn’t transfer any of the track or album info. Has this happened with anyone else and is there a way to fix it?

F2B1EF3E-38EB-49A4-A88C-7BC5A7966DA8.jpeg

The same thing happened to me with the Potter set. But I was so overjoyed I just manually copy-pasted everything without even bothering to be annoyed too long.

Just copy+paste the tracklist from LLL's website into a notepad file, then use a program like MP3Tag to paste that file list as track titles on the ripped CD files.

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

Just copy+paste the tracklist from LLL's website into a notepad file, then use a program like MP3Tag to paste that file list as track titles on the ripped CD files.

I used to do that, but it's extra steps because you often need to format the track titles to remove the timestamps, though editing in Notepad or Excel lets you do Find/Replace.

Mp3tag fully integrates with Discogs' database. You can highlight the ripped disc or discs' worth of files and tell it to pull the tag info from Discogs. Knowing the release ID is the most exact method, but you can also do it by artist or album name, or even hope it knows by the files blindly. 

1 hour ago, Positivatee said:

I used to do that, but it's extra steps because you often need to format the track titles to remove the timestamps, though editing in Notepad or Excel lets you do Find/Replace.

More than half of the time I have to fix the capitalisation anyway, no matter the source of the track list…

8 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

More than half of the time I have to fix the capitalisation anyway, no matter the source of the track list…

Me too. The first letter of the first and last words get capitalized, but I like all article adjectives and most prepositions to start lower case.

11 hours ago, Antonb said:

You lot must have money to burn paying for something you already have in great quality! Ok il shut up now! 

It's $30. That's not even enough for a shot glass of fuel right now. :lol:

19 hours ago, scallenger said:

My own article about this release is now up, with a nice simplified history of all the previous releases leading up to it!

https://jurassicoutpost.com/jurassic-park-soundtrack-by-john-williams-gets-a-new-2-cd-release

Really wonderful summation and honest look at the history of the soundtrack releases. Well done.

2 hours ago, Antonb said:

Just shows what a sado you are then doesn’t it! And proves my point!

Given everything you've said, your idea of a "sado" is someone spending $30 instead of $300 for another copy of the JP expansion.

Are you trying to imply the real bad ass move would be actually having your money robbed in this scenario?

I got an external CD drive some years ago, but it was because I wanted to be able to watch the odd region 1 DVD lying around, so I could switch that and leave it, with my desktop's drive remaining normal.

My work laptop doesn't have one.

1 hour ago, scallenger said:

Most laptops don't have disc drives anymore, sadly. I have a 4K/Blu-Ray burner external drive on my end.

I have a desktop as a main computer, and the case I bought doesn't have slots for physical drives. I'm still using my old internal Blu burner as a CD (and occasional Blu) ripper, it's just sitting next to the computer without a case, hooked up to a USB port.

There is definitely a difference in mixing and this new release sounds fantastic! The horns in Journey to the Island sound incredible, just out there bopping along. I can not imagine a better sounding presentation

Thanks to everyone who worked on this release. What a perfect score. One of my all-time favorites. If I could just go back in time and tell 14-year old me that this was coming

Just now, Amer said:

Just curious which is good CD ripper these days?

I used Media Monkey, which I can also use to sync to my Iphone because Itunes is ridiculous 

On 6/7/2022 at 4:48 PM, Jay said:

The best part of the film version of Journey To The Island has not been mentioned in this thread yet, I do not believe.

It's later in the scene (so not in the sample), and I can't find a clip on youtube to embed.

It's when 3M2 The Dinosaurs ends and 3M2A The Entrance Of The Park begins, basically when it segues from the glory of the dinosaurs scene to the jeeps traveling to the visitor center.  On the album version Johnny made in 1993, they are overlapped so closely, you are still revealing in the majesty of the dinosaur music when it fairly abruptly jumps to the jeep-traveling music.  But in the film itself, and therefore in the new main program, more of the recorded opening of 3M2A is heard before the fast part of the cue begins.  It sounds sooooooooo much better this way!  I love it so much.

I actually would've preferred separated tracks with a clean ending resp. intro. 

I would have expected folks buying physical media to own proper HiFi equipment?

There are still some manufacturers out there who build CD-players that don't "skip" between neighbouring tracks. Marantz for example.

This is essential for enjoying classical (film) music.

1 hour ago, BB-8 said:

There are still some manufacturers out there who build CD-players that don't "skip" between neighbouring tracks. Marantz for example.

I actually thought all CD audio players could play an album gaplessly. In fact, I've never had a player that skips between tracks.

1 hour ago, Chewy said:

I actually thought all CD audio players could play an album gaplessly. In fact, I've never had a player that skips between tracks.

I was also assuming that. But when my old Cambridge Audio broke down and I decided to buy a new one, I learnt that some players, even "high-end" ones, don't offer gapless playback. Apparently, the requirements of the pop sector in the cyber space (made up of serial MP3 files) have lead to a decline of technical standards.

5 minutes ago, blondheim said:

So does anyone know the breakdown of the takes used for the album vs film versions of Journey to the Island?

Is that type of information generally out there for any score?

The portion of the track for the helicopter landing is a different take in the film compared to the album.  I think everything else is the same take, but the edit point from 3M2 into 3M2A is different

23 minutes ago, Jay said:

Is that type of information generally out there for any score?

Yes. The Special Edition of STAR WARS lists it.

9497584320.jpg

17 minutes ago, Jay said:

The portion of the track for the helicopter landing is a different take in the film compared to the album.  I think everything else is the same take, but the edit point from 3M2 into 3M2A is different

Thanks! To clarifiy, is that from the opening of the cue until the helicopter lands or merely the section where the helicopter is actually descending and landing being different?