Jump to content

Jurassic Park 2-CD (La-La Land) - 5th Of July 2022


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, A. A. Ron said:

@Jay Can you confirm that the main program uses the same master as the 2016 edition (except the 2 new tracks obviously)? I remember when Mike retouched Superman IV for its standalone release he said it was pretty much the same, except for some minor "esoteric differences" or something like that and I just want to make sure that isn't the case here. If it's even a slightly different master, I'll probably want to redo the edits I replicated from the 20th Anniversary Edition because, you know, score collector OCD.

 

I compared the 2022 samples to the 2016 tracks and it's definitely mastered differently.

 

Different EQ applied, some more stage noises removed on the new release, and sometimes, different edits (e.g. "The T-Rex Chase" which is combined with "The Falling Car" starts a bit later in the new master).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BB-8 said:

My 1993 CD is a picture disc in a fully transparent jewel case. 

 

Is that something special?

Yep thats what i got too! back then. But it had a cover and maybe a back also. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Approximately 35 minutes after I placed the order on July 5, the order status updated to Awaiting Shipment. As of now, no update yet. I cannot wait to get this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do not recall anyone on JWFan or FSM saying that their order for any of the three new titles has shipped

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 05/07/2022 at 7:45 PM, Brando said:

If anyone else is interested, I got an answer on this myself and from someone else from looking at the films audio rip. Its not 'Journey to the Island' thats tracked. 1:24 of 'Journey' has a cymbal crash thats not heard in the film as the Rex grabs the Raptor. 4:36 of 'Welcome to Jurassic Park (Film Version)' is what you're hearing.

You're welcome.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will probably get this because of OCD. And also, one of the discs on my 2016 4-disc set has a tiny scratch on it, and I can't unsee it (OCD again) - even if it has no effect on playback at all - so I will be able to get this CD out and not having to cringe about my own stupidity again.

 

But if this remaster is slightly different (like for example the very slight but noticeable one on the latest, 2022 La-La Land Star Trek: The Motion Picture soundtrack release, compared to the 2012 3-CD set), and if there are some "corrections" (a relative term, I guess) made, then I can quite possibly legitimize this purchase. Also, I think it is nice to have this score as a "standalone" expanded 2-disc issue.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Woot! Got a shipping notification a few minutes ago. Est arrival in 3 days

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if there are any 'interesting' wrong takes used for the 2013 20th Anniversary assembly? (That are not on the LLL releases because they're not the film or album takes.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think Ramiro substituted an alternate take for the very end of Journey to the Island, to remove the infamous creaking chair.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, fommes said:

Does anyone know if there are any 'interesting' wrong takes used for the 2013 20th Anniversary assembly? (That are not on the LLL releases because they're not the film or album takes.)

 

@GoodMusician has, I believe, a list of timestamps on the 2013 album where the take used on that set is different from the film/album.  Maybe he'd be willing to share that list here?

 

As for "interesting" wrong takes?  I would very much say no, definitely not.  All the wrong takes he chose are only very slightly different, and not in any interesting ways.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of the set, seeing what else Titus did with it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm only interested in the CD with the complete score.

So....

If anyone here , who double dipped, feels it's expendable, lmk😁.

Buy or trade

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are there any tracks from the OST on disc 2 that have alternate takes? I know Journey does, is 'Dennis Steals the Embryo' on the OST any different than the film or was it just truncated a bit for the OST release?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Brando said:

Are there any tracks from the OST on disc 2 that have alternate takes?

 

Journey To The Island and Welcome To Jurassic Park

 

2 hours ago, Brando said:

is 'Dennis Steals the Embryo' on the OST any different than the film or was it just truncated a bit for the OST release?

 

It wasn't truncated its just a different mix 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, scallenger said:

Well technically you'd still need the second CD. "Stalling Around" is at the end of CD 2. ;)

You know, I didn't get the in-joke of the title until recently!

Is senility settling in?😅😰

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Titus re-using the 2016 collection sunset background, great!

 

Where was this picture posted?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, bruce marshall said:

You know, I didn't get the in-joke of the title until recently!

Is senility settling in?😅😰

 

Wouldn't that mean that senility set in years ago?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Jay said:

 

 

 

It wasn't truncated its just a different mix 

Gotcha, I had wondered why the OST and Expanded release had different runtimes. Not a huge difference but I just wanted to know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's because on the 1993 album, the next track (A Tree For My Bed) begins as Dennis Steals The Embryo is still fading out. Dennis doesn't actually fully finish until a few seconds into the A Tree For My Bed track. 

 

This overlap is not retained on the 2013 or 2022 album rebuilds. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Trying to figure out which percussion only track from TLW @crumbswas referring to, I stumbled across this video. Listen to it and take note of when the video was posted…almost 9 years ago, Corporate Helicopters was, at the time, only available in the film, yet here it is, I guess playing in the park at some point. But after it ends, a different source of percussion plays. Is that what you were referring to Crumbs?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Brando said:

Trying to figure out which percussion only track from TLW @crumbswas referring to, I stumbled across this video. Listen to it and take note of when the video was posted…almost 9 years ago, Corporate Helicopters was, at the time, only available in the film, yet here it is, I guess playing in the park at some point. But after it ends, a different source of percussion plays. Is that what you were referring to Crumbs?

 

"In The Trailer" and "Reading the Map" is in this too! Damn we had previously unreleased music from TLW available on YouTube since 2013 :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, crumbs said:

 

Is it just me or do these takes sound quite different to the LLL versions? Like the percussion is mixed more prominently or something? 

 

@Brandothank you so much for finding that percussion only version of The Hunt. I really, really hope Mike can convince JW to include percussion only tracks on a future reissue. It highlights the sheer prowess of those percussionists!! 


I think I’d recorded all this probably by 2009 at the latest so we def had it earlier than that! LoL
 

The mixing of the music is hard to comment too much on cause technically I had to record the whole thing twice: once right channel, once for left. And then sync and mix them… there are for sure some alternate takes uses in the River Adventure exit store though… 

 

I do agree the mix feels different but I also feel the same way when I get use to hearing real channel rips and feeling like somethings off when we get the music officially released heh so it could just be that

 

I’d love the iso percussion but I’m not sure if he’d ever approve it. It makes me think of “Anderton Runs” where Williams scored with a lot of percussion and synth that could be used or unused in the mix (as evident by three mixes of the same cue). 
 

I wouldn’t mind a full perc mix version of “The Hunt” so I can retire mine heh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GoodMusician said:

I’d love the iso percussion but I’m not sure if he’d ever approve it. It makes me think of “Anderton Runs” where Williams scored with a lot of percussion and synth that could be used or unused in the mix (as evident by three mixes of the same cue). 

 

I mean, if Mike was able to include an orchestral-only version of The Hunt, plus the album version, we could phase out a clean version of just the percussion :)

 

Still a pipe dream of course, sadly I doubt Williams would approve it unless they justified a reissue on including something new (or new tracks were required to get around the AFM limit).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, crumbs said:

 

@Brandothank you so much for finding that percussion only version of The Hunt. I really, really hope Mike can convince JW to include percussion only tracks on a future reissue. It highlights the sheer prowess of those percussionists!! 

You’re welcome! You kept mentioning it and I’m pretty certain I had seen someone discussing this forever ago, and I knew some people uploaded videos of theme park music recorded in the park, so I was like let me go see if this is on YT. Also found this gem, not from the films, but I’ve probably heard it in the park and thought I’d share. It’s a calypso version of the JP theme.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@BrandoThat percussion only of the Hunt is superb.  I love listening to the percussion only cues on the Deluxe ALIENS cd.  I would be in Heaven if they were able to select a few Lost World cues and give them that treatment. 

 

You know what’s really great about this reissue that doesn’t get mentioned?  It’s a CD release.   For the most consistent and durable preservation and listening, and to keep consistent continuity with the format of most longtime collections. Thank goodness LLL is still supporting this format.  It doesn’t mean they can’t do a vinyl later, but it provides a lossless source so that every fan can hear it without limitations for a lifetime. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Brando said:

You’re welcome! You kept mentioning it and I’m pretty certain I had seen someone discussing this forever ago, and I knew some people uploaded videos of theme park music recorded in the park, so I was like let me go see if this is on YT. Also found this gem, not from the films, but I’ve probably heard it in the park and thought I’d share. It’s a calypso version of the JP theme.

 


I’d love for all those tracks to be released. 
 

one version was on the original IOA album, then the reprinted album replaced it with a version not using JW’s themes and there’s a whole other version too. I recorded all that too hah

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That calypso cover of the JP theme was released on a real pressed CD?  


Was the arranger credited?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.