LA Phil's Sound/Stage Episode "John Williams Celebration" Releases July 8

Will

Loved every second of this. Can't get enough of Williams talking, I wish it was much much longer.
Also, beautiful performances, brilliantly filmed and recorded (How come I'd never realised before that there was a piano in Princess Leia's Theme?)

Simply wonderful.

4 minutes ago, Madmartigan JC said:

Loved every second of this. Can't get enough of Williams talking, I wish it was much much longer.
Also, beautiful performances, brilliantly filmed and recorded (How come I'd never realised before that there was a piano in Princess Leia's Theme?)

Simply wonderful.

Yes! The performances were wonderful! The acoustics sound bright and lively.

1 hour ago, Madmartigan JC said:

Simply wonderful.

There is also a wonderful celeste part in the second part of the flute solo. Mystical colour.

Pretty disappointing  interview. Same old questions, and love feast between them. Somebody please interview Mr Williams in depth about his life and career , a proper journalist  who has done their homework on him. Before he dies! Nice performances though. 

On 09/07/2022 at 2:58 PM, Antonb said:

Pretty disappointing  interview. Same old questions, and love feast between them. Somebody please interview Mr Williams in depth about his life and career , a proper journalist  who has done their homework on him. Before he dies! Nice performances though. 

It's not that repetitive, compared to his usual interviews (until recently). I don't think I've heard him comment on competitiveness/ambition/motivation as specifically before as in this interview, for example.

6 hours ago, GerateWohl said:

At first I thought, this must be some kind of weird Austrian humor. But in the meantime I think, it is just bad or missing taste.

Just a lame joke, nothing more. And certainly nod made with ill intent (in case that wasn't clear). But it did produce the best images DALL-E has given me so far.

• 1 year later...
On 08/07/2022 at 7:49 PM, aj_vader said:

It's up! ❤️

Does somebody know why this video is private now?

On 09/07/2022 at 4:14 PM, thx99 said:

This link still works though.

2 hours ago, Michael G. said:

Does somebody know why this video is private now?

This link still works though.

ASM, a muse...

image.png

Gustavo, not a-mused.