Amie Doherty - She-Hulk: Attorney At Law

JNHFan2000

• 1 month later...

Doherty composed a wonderful theme for She-Hulk. I like it a lot.

The first episode is a bit light on score, besides some action moments, emotional scoring and the end credits (where the theme gets a full statement)

It's a big orchestra with some added synths. It fits the character well.

Slight spoiler.

There was a small statement of the Avengers Theme when a certain object was shown.

I'm pretty weary on MCU shenanigans at this point, but this is fun. Seems to be following in the vein of something closer to Beck's work for Ant-Man and WandaVision, with a bit of an Avengers-adjacent harmonic language the way the Guardians of the Galaxy theme was. Pretty good!

Phase four is unfortunately mostly about mystical multiverse and outer space gods that control or create the universe and female empowerment. I miss these nerdy self-ironic technology and scientist heros like Iron Man, Ant Man, Hulk and even Captain America to a certain degree. There is a reason, why I liked Falcon and the Wintersoldier best so far in Phase 4. It is the one output that is closest to this old kind of heroes. For outer space there were just the Guardians and Thor. And Thanos of course as villain. But that was a good balance.

Now it's not.

She-Hulk S01E01

I don’t know what I expected, but not this. So childish! A burping contest 20 minutes in? Really?

Overall, the show is camp, sure, but the campy parts I don’t mind so much. It fits with the tone of the show and/or the character and/or the MCU.

There’s been some online complaining about bad CGI. I didn’t really notice l, it was fine, but the lip sync on the Hulk was off, super off. Distractingly so. Annoyingly so.

Question: is She-Hulk’s face a touched up version of the actress’? She’s somehow more pretty? Or is it the hair, that She-Hulk has longer hair and a more classically “feminine” haircut? Or is it that I am secretly attracted to buff girls?

13 hours ago, rough cut said:

Question: is She-Hulk’s face a touched up version of the actress’? She’s somehow more pretty? Or is it the hair, that She-Hulk has longer hair and a more classically “feminine” haircut? Or is it that I am secretly attracted to buff girls?

Yes

On 20/8/2022 at 12:16 AM, rough cut said:

image.jpeg

I'm confident, that in 2 or 3 years, whe have the Hulk back the way he was at the beginning of the MCU. It's a part of a comic storyline.

I really like 'smart' hulk. But I do agree that when he's fighting now, he's less aggresive. At a few points in the comics, the Hulk could destroy entire cities and planets. And I hope we do get to see that in the MCU.

I watched this. It was 38 minutes of pleasant entertainment.  I liked the structure. It almost works as a short film, and could even be a one and done if they had wanted.  On my smaller bedroom tv, through my reclined angle of viewing through my glasses, the CG looked better than the advertisements. 

• 2 weeks later...

Doherty wrote some great music for the 4th episode.

The action scene with Wong & She-Hulk in the theatre had some wonderful brass & string writing.

And each time Wong appeared the sitar (I think) was used, which I greatly missed in Elfman's Doctor Strange score.

Judging by the lack of comments in this thread, maybe I’m just late to the game and nobody is watching this anymore… or are people watching and enjoying this in silence?

In either case… Not that anybody cares (or want their guilty pleasures flaunted for the world?) but I’ve seen four episodes now (of the four that is out) and I don’t think I’ll be watching any more. That’s a little bit sad, I like the character from the comics and the actress is doing really well and is likable and the production and score is fine - but the writing is just total shit.

Ally McBeal was better. And that is not much of a compliment.

Seen the 4th episode and Thor Love and Thunder on the weekend, and I can say, this is all becoming more and more silly and ridiculous, unfortunately not in a funny way.

Let's see, if Secret Invasion can save the franchise a little.

Watching it and liking it too, despite the awful CGI. It's really a shame that they didn't succeed to do a better job on this because everything else is pretty nice and Maslany didn't deserve to have her great performance being downgraded by this

• 1 month later...
54 minutes ago, May the Force be with You said:

I hope there's a lot from episode 8, which had the best score from the show

Based on the tracklist.

It's 5 cues. Total of around 12.5 minutes

I also noticed a snippet of the Marvel Logo in "A Lot Of Original Thinkers". But I didn't notice it during the episode. So that was a nice surprise

Tracks per episode

Volume 1

Episode 1: Tracks 1 - 8

Episode 2: Tracks 9 - 13

Episode 3: Tracks 14 - 21

Episode 4: Tracks 22 - 28

Volume 2

Episode 5: Tracks 1 - 9

Episode 6: Tracks 10 - 15

Episode 7: Tracks 16 - 18

Episode 8: Tracks 20 - 24

Episode 9: Tracks 25 - 32

i like most MCU scores but this one just feels like it has nothing special to it. I know Doherty has made good music before so I put that down to the nature of the show (being an outright comedy).