Interesting POA photos, let the darkness begin

JoeinAR

. The French covers look like crap, though.

lol,they do,and those were the first ones I ever saw,so I thought they were the "originals" and i kept a mental image that the characters looked like that.

K.M.who wondered where were the hats with the beltbuckles when he first saw PS.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sometimes happens in this OT board, that when somebody attaches a file, I can't open that page anymore. This is the case. Am I the only one?

Luckily, we got into a second, more accesible page now.

I have been having that same problem for months now, and the admin has not been able to repair it or give a satisfactory explanation as to the reason of this malfunction.

If this wasn't a free MB i'd cancel my subscription. :)

Stefancos- who simply can't get into certian threads, and know that people are talking about him in those threads. ;)

It sometimes happens in this OT board, that when somebody attaches a file, I can't open that page anymore. This is the case. Am I the only one?  

Ross, I sometimes have that problem, sometimes I have to go to another page of the thread, and then I can back into the 1st page, its bizarre. It only happens at work, here on my cable internet connection at home it doesn't happen.

If this wasn't a free MB i'd cancel my subscription.  :)

You'd be back, and you know it. :P

Neil

Yeah, that's right, just laugh away a serious problem on the forum that you are moderating.

That's the trouble with the world these days, i fear.

Stefancos- who is being restricted in hisd MB access and hates it. ;)

well i really think we are making a big deal about nothing.  Let's have an open mind here and wait for the film to come out before we start knocking it.

You're right, but a little debating never hurts. :P

- Marc

BTW, the Dutch covers don't ever show any of the main characters, at least not clear or so that you can see their faces. The French covers look like crap, though.

you are right marc, but level-headedness should always prevail. :)

well back to the POA pics,

I was thinking. That pic of Harry and Hermione. someone said they thought it was when Lupin was changing, others (myself included) thought it was the dementor/lake scene.

But I've come to the conclusion that it more possibly is him pulling her back from the whomping willow when they see Ron get taken in the trunk. What do you think?

My initial thought was the Whomping Willow scene, but since it's been brought up, I think the dementor scene is more likely.

Ray Barnsbury-who loves that pic

Well, I opted for the dementor scene in the first place, but it just seemed to "light" I know they can alter the actual coloring of the film later but it just didn't seem right, it may be though. I still think I'm going to go with my Whomping Willow scene

The Womping Willow is in the middle of a lawn.

In the Dementor scene they should have their wands out to protect themselves.

I'll stick with Lupin transforming because of the moonlight reflecting on the ground.

K.M.

Or start a poll :)

I still think it's Lupin's transformation. The description in the book seemed to match very well to this picture. Note that Harry is looking up at what would be the towering shape of a werewolf, and pulling Hermione back, just like he did in the book. Of course, things change in book-to-film projects, so maybe I'm wrong. But I'm sticking with Lupin. :)

- Marc

It still looks to me like Hermione is drained, from the dementors. It could be the werewolf scene though, thats the beauty of it, we wont truly know until June 4th.

According to the www.the-leaky-cauldron.com Mike Newell has been givin

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire directing assignment. He directed Four Weddings

and a Funeral, and Donnie Brasco. He'll be the first Brit to direct HP.

i Think the Newell anouncement is another big dissapointment from the WB, first dissapointing choice was making Cuaron director. And i think the dementors should look like this.

dementors2.jpg

sorry HPFan but your dementor picture has eye slits, and the dementors don't.

I would have:

James Cameron

Philip kaufman

Frank Darabont

Rob Marshel

Baz Luhrman

Stephen Dalory

David Fincher

Ron Howard

Sam mendes

Martin Brest

Stephen Sommers

Robert Zemmicks

William Goldman

Steven Soderbergh

Anione Fuqua

Jonathon Demme

M. Night Shyamalan

Why?

Your list is very unrealistic but thanks for trying!

Neil

You asked who i wanted to direct it and i posted a list of my fav directors.

Favorites and who is best for the project may not always go hand and hand. Brian DePalma is my favorite director, but I don't think he'd be good at making a Harry Potter movie.

Neil

I can see the David Fincher version of Harry Potter.

HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE.

A David Fincher Film.

Harry was going beserk, locked in his room with Dudley's bedroom on oneside and Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia's on the other, it was driving him mad.

Between Dudley's pot smoking and the constant sex between Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia, it's a wonder he didn't kill himself. Thank goodness

the Weasley's and Hermione were taking him to the Quidditch World Cup Finales.

Cut to the accident.

Minister Fudge said, I'm afraid Molly, that Arthur, Ron, Ginnie, Fred and George, and Hermione, were all killed. But Harry is ok, sort of. There is something growing inside him.

We think its Voldemort. We're going to let it grow until its ready to burst forth, and we will harvest it for our biotech weapons division. It will help us against the giants and dragons.

Brian DePalma is my favorite director, but I don't think he'd be good at making a Harry Potter movie.

It's an intriguing idea though. I imagine split-screen sequences for the climax of POA (because of Hermione's secret), and the big fight from OOTP in slow motion. LOL

Marian - who will order Femme Fatale as soon as he gets his money.

Can you imagine Baz Luhrman's version, resplendant with a drag queen Trelawney and singing ROTFLMAO It's quite amuzing actually... and on that note Where The Hell Is Trelawney Already!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why do we not know yet? haven't they done shooting?

Ok the let me be specific.

James Cameron

Philip kaufman

Ron Howard

Sam mendes

Stephen Sommers

Robert Zemmicks

William Goldman

Steven Soderbergh

M. Night Shyamalan

I wanted to have Spielberg take a stab at it... However I like the choice of Cuaron, I think that's the best choice so far, and Mike Newel is a good director.

Where The Hell Is Trelawney Already!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why do we not know yet? haven't they done shooting?

Seriously. I'm dying to see her too. Oh, and there's a role I never even thought about: Cedric Diggory. He makes his first appearance in PoA, though who knows if they'll keep him in the film. I forgot about him until I found an online petition for some Britsh actor named Charlie Hunnam to be cast as him. Oh, andI want to see Cho too! Have they cast her?

Ray Barnsbury

Really? I've never seen him act, but he looks appropriate for the role from the pics I've seen. Seems to be the type that would take the 'Heartthrob of the Series' pressure off of Sean Biggerstaff, if he's cast.

Ray Barnsbury

yeah, he's extremely cute. He did OK in Nicholas Nickleby but he did fantastic in the British original Queer as Folk.

I can't imagine them making a character CGI if it doesn't really call for it. I mean, she's a real person. That would just be money wasted.

but what about the rest of the film. We can't just have an ending :) AND WHERE IS SHE??????????????? Where is Trelawney!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!