Your favourite Williams score random moment?

Tommy Lellan

What's your favourite random moment in a Williams score that you don't tell anybody because you can;'t possibly expect them to understand why you love it so much? One of mine for example is the descending chords in the track 'Death of Topthorn' from War Horse (precisely 0:55 to 1:16).

The reason I love it so much is that each chord descends, as if walking down a staircase, and with each chord change the main note takes a second to follow, and it creates this sublime melancholy. And it just keeps going longer than you think it possibly could. Probably doesn't make sense, which is why I've never mentioned it before.

Share your own moments with time-stamps if you like! :)

2 hours ago, Andy said:

Hi @Tommy Lellan!  You should have a look at this thread.

Favorite Short JW Moments

It’s a long read, but loaded with lots of great short moments to get lost in. 😊

So many posts in here spark me to listen to a whole score from front to back. A truly perfect thread on JWfan forum.

Always loved the octave leaps from the woodwinds in Dracula's theme here. Stuff like that made it clear immediately that this music may have been orchestrated 'classicaly' (for standard 19th century symphony orchestra sections) but the writing has its own, modern imprints.

It’s a remarkable  cue. Stunning use of that the huge choir accompanied by the rarely used Shiva-Linga motif.  This cue would’ve made for a better inclusion on the OST than Children in Chains, the cue that directly follows this one.