San Diego Symphony performs World Premiere of “A New Beginning” and “End Titles” from The Accidental Tourist

KingPin

Wow, I've always loved the end credits piece.. and the concert version of the love theme, which they didn't play. 

The program lists The Cowboys twice. Did the Cowboys open the concert? It's a great opener. And was there something else played instead of the second "The Cowboys Overture" between Born on the 4th and Hary Potter? 

And one more question, what pieces made up the Harry Potter suite?

3 hours ago, pete said:

Wow, I've always loved the end credits piece.. and the concert version of the love theme, which they didn't play. 

The program lists The Cowboys twice. Did the Cowboys open the concert? It's a great opener. And was there something else played instead of the second "The Cowboys Overture" between Born on the 4th and Hary Potter? 

And one more question, what pieces made up the Harry Potter suite?

The Cowboys being listed twice was merely a typo in the program. There was nothing performed in its place the second time.

For Harry Potter they only played “Harry’s Wondrous World.”

I am 100 percent confident that John Williams played a concert piece from The Accidental Tourist as an encore with the CSO in 2007.  I was there as a young JWFan, a mere JWFanblade, if you will.  Let me search the forum archives for the evidence.  I should be able to find it by next April.

UPDATE: Here's @TownerFan corroborating it in 2015:

Was the 2007 piece just another concert piece from the film that technically wasn't the End Titles?  That seems like a stretch for a score that's practically monothematic.

1 hour ago, igger6 said:

Was the 2007 piece just another concert piece from the film that technically wasn't the End Titles?  That seems like a stretch for a score that's practically monothematic.

He's performed a concert version of the theme - called "Love Theme" - a romantic version of the score's main theme - that he's never recorded and is very different from the End Credits:

It was recorded by Richard Hayman on the Naxos label, and it sounds very good, unlike some of the other pieces on the CD. Track 3.