Williams interview on Classic FM (Aug 29th, 8pm UK time)

BB-8

1 hour ago, bollemanneke said:

Great, just when I'm on holiday. Oh well, I'll trust the community to record it.

You could stream it on your mobile - provided you are taking it with you and are not in an aircraft at that time.

3 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

No can do, 'I packed my program full'.

Of those 2 hrs, I presume 5% will be the actual Williams interview, 25% filled with the usual moderator's sermon, 45% classic John Williams soundtrack excerpts (in the typical Classic FM down-regulated sound quality), and 25% commercial adverts.

So better wait for the community to digest and filter out the significant news and/or minor notions about JW's past and future work.

2 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

I bet he does. The question is: do the Broccolis want him?

John Williams has scored a Hitchcock so why care about Ian Fleming, The Birds of the West Indies, and the Broccolis!?  ;-)

So Indy5 went from being an extended, take your time thing to a hurry up and finish?  I’m confused.   Did we just make the wrong assumption that he would have lots of time to write?  I supposed the picture has to be finished by a certain date, well before the release date. 

Impossible. John Williams will deliver the goodies as always. 

(but it would be really special if he officially finished film scoring with an absolute banger. )

49 minutes ago, Tom said:

At this point in my life, I will settle for "not soul-crushingly terrible."  

Has John Williams ever wrote a score that is "soul-crushingly terrible"?

I think that those who liked the Sequel scores will like Indy 5 too. And those who didn't probably just don't like JW's post-2010 output

11 hours ago, crumbs said:

John answers these questions across the two-hour programme as well as revealing what’s still to come from him, including writing to the wire for the latest instalment of Indiana Jones.

Have there been any tweets or other evidence that the recording of this score has wrapped up -- or, for that matter, that the film is in the can? If we reckon on 7 months of post, the film would have been finished last month. 

11 hours ago, Andy said:

So Indy5 went from being an extended, take your time thing to a hurry up and finish?  I’m confused.   Did we just make the wrong assumption that he would have lots of time to write?  

Williams often says he always wishes he had more time to score a film, so unless the Indy situation is different somehow, he probably always goes down to the wire... making changes at the last minute etc.

By any chance, will someone be able to record this? I have the John Williams At 80 Classic FM special as part of my Apple library. I love having audio interviews with the Maestro as part of my collection of the Maestro’s work.

4 hours ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Hey, @BB-8! What's so :lol:, about that?!

I used to get Classic FM easy, on the mainland, but up here, all I can get is - no word of a lie - BBC channels.

At least I can catch the footie, on Radio 5 Live :)

It was the limitation of FM to receive Classic FM which I found funny.

You lot remind of people who go to a concert of your favorite band and complain that all they're playing are the hits you've heard a million times before.  Not everyone is as obsessed as you are. People want to hear the hits.

Classic FM is geared towards a general audience, who deserve to be exposed to more of William's music! And they're playing Hymm to the Fallen right now, hardly one of his popular blockbusters. I'm enjoying it. Just a 16-minute straight interview would be over too quickly, and it's nice that it's a special presentation and his comments are giving the music context.

Yeah, okay. Just broadcast the conversation maybe? In a non-copy paste way? Also, those compressed cues sound very detailed. How can I do that to my own files temporarily? I just heard a violin line in SPR I never knew was there.

38 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

His name is John, apparently. John. John. John. And he's talking to John, John! I'm serious, John! 

Sounds similar to the end of Star Trek III.  

2 hours ago, Chewy said:

;) 

Interview video available here: https://www.globalplayer.com/videos/2JsSYBZFVZu/

Is this the only interview material? If so, these 17 minutes were over far too quickly. Apparently the new Indiana Jones music will be finished next month. Man am I looking forward to it!!! 

On 17/08/2022 at 9:43 AM, bollemanneke said:

You never know, they did a pretty good interview when he turned 80, and it was above and beyond the usual 'they're all dead' crap.

Because Tommy Pearson was interviewing him... you know, some one how knows how to actually ask good questions. 

-Erik-