Indiana Jones expanded scores

Davide Leo

Hi everyone! Do you think they will reissue the Indiana Jones soundtracks in an extended version on the occasion of the release of the fifth? I have always suffered from not being able to get the 2008 box set, even if it is incomplete. I own the Concord versions but I miss that damn fifth disc in the box set...

The first Indy surely deserve an edition where everything will be at his place, I mean completely and chronologically, and edited at the most accurate speed possible (even if the speed problems on the Concord set are barely perceptible, we are talking about not even a quarter of a tone...).

Speed is a pretty modern concern in the musical domain, for decades we have not listened to music at the exact right speed, whether on the radio, at the cinema, on TV, on vinyl or tapes.

Thanks the Audioman, the speed is now a serious concern on the latest CD expansions we all purchase.

• 1 month later...

Was the standalone Concorde releases issued as jewel case packaging. I saw some titles on eBay. As far as I can tell these came out as digipacks. Even the box set had these in the same format. Kindly please confirm. Anyone? Thanks.

On 02/09/2022 at 7:49 PM, Bespin said:

The first Indy surely deserve an edition where everything will be at his place, I mean completely and chronologically, and edited at the most accurate speed possible (even if the speed problems on the Concord set are barely perceptible, we are talking about not even a quarter of a tone...).

On one hand, yes - especially given that we're seeing other reissues with very minor updates, clearly a rebuild of all the Indy scores is desired, and I look forward to buying a definitve Last Crusade.

But... Concord's set is another one of those cases (probably the worst, admittedly) where one person listens with the mentality of looking for 'hidden' problems, rather than enjoying the music, and makes other, less technically-attentive listeners go into the 'it's defective' mindset even if they hadn't noticed anything before.

28 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

But... Concord's set is another one of those cases (probably the worst, admittedly) where one person listens with the mentality of looking for 'hidden' problems, rather than enjoying the music, and makes other, less technically-attentive listeners go into the 'it's defective' mindset even if they hadn't noticed anything before.

What do I know? I still listen to the 97 Star Wars discs. 

2 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

Well, I purchased this boxset "after" the official complaints about the speed issue were out, considering after listening to the recordings they were not such a "big" issue (and I can be pretty stiff on some aspect when I give in...).

Elements were assembled like they would be assembled in the pre-digital era, "by hear". That was "fair". Of course, now we expect "digital" precision, and tools are now available to help tune correctly each bits of music taken from analogue sources.

Every sound engineer had made a "big step" forward in the last 20 years, to meet the expectations of customers (us).

13 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

On one hand, yes - especially given that we're seeing other reissues with very minor updates, clearly a rebuild of all the Indy scores is desired, and I look forward to buying a definitve Last Crusade.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't recall being eager to find flaws. But when you know the scores well, the missing music stands out. And when you have a good ear for pitch, as many musicians do, the more egregious of the speed issues are equally obvious.

16 hours ago, Tallguy said:

What do I know? I still listen to the 97 Star Wars discs. 

They probably sound alright on speakers or a surround sound system, but 1997 ESB and ROTJ are unbearable.

On 4/10/2022 at 10:55 AM, Amer said:

Was the standalone Concorde releases issued as jewel case packaging. I saw some titles on eBay. As far as I can tell these came out as digipacks. Even the box set had these in the same format. Kindly please confirm. Anyone? Thanks.

Can anyone shed some light on my query? Please.

35 minutes ago, GerateWohl said:

All I can say is, when I saw them in stores, they were digipacks. 

Yes me too. But now I’m seeing jewel case releases on eBay here and there from Australia..I think.

On 3/10/2022 at 10:55 PM, Amer said:

The original concord box set contained digipacks, not jewel cases. I just checked mine. 

On 05/10/2022 at 2:15 AM, Not Mr. Big said:

I've received word that an Indy expansion is in the works and it comes out tomorrow 

Are you joking or being serious?

1 hour ago, HyenaBoy said:

Are you joking or being serious?

He’s joking, there’d be a lot more replies in this thread and there’d be an announcement when time does come.

1 hour ago, Brando said:

He’s joking, there’d be a lot more replies in this thread and there’d be an announcement when time does come.

You can never tell on the internet:lol: I think it's safe to say MM will no doubt be working on an expansion at some point, though.

10 hours ago, Bayesian said:

The original concord box set contained digipacks, not jewel cases. I just checked mine. 

Yes. I have that too but im now seeing jewel case releases on ebay. 

• 11 months later...
On 04/10/2022 at 6:55 AM, Amer said:

The UK ones are in jewel cases. I saw some the other day at HMV actually.

Karol

9 hours ago, crocodile said:

The UK ones are in jewel cases. I saw some the other day at HMV actually.

Karol

Thanks Karol.

I wonder if I can order these online? if you see them again check their prices too. 

52 minutes ago, Amer said:

Thanks Karol.

I wonder if I can order these online? if you see them again check their prices too. 

Sure, you can order them directly from their website. It's £8.99 for Temple and Crusade and £6.99 for Raiders. All 3 seem to be in stock as well. To be honest, I bet the UK Amazon releases are the same.

Karol

On 28/9/2023 at 7:54 AM, crocodile said:

Sure, you can order them directly from their website. It's £8.99 for Temple and Crusade and £6.99 for Raiders. All 3 seem to be in stock as well. To be honest, I bet the UK Amazon releases are the same.

Karol

They are - I just picked up Temple this week from Amazon.