The Fabelmans - OST Album

Chewy

2 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

My bet is that it starts with the Haydn piece and transitions to Williams and that the track will be majority Williams.

Will the theme be Haydn?

Sorry.

5 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

My bet is that it starts with the Haydn piece and transitions to Williams and that the track will be majority Williams.

I am still hopeful the final FYC track will give us a clean version of "The Journey Begins"

3 minutes ago, Bespin said:

Will the theme be Haydn?

Sorry.

What?

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

I am still hopeful the final FYC track will give a clean version of Williams' cue here

This would be nice, with the caveat that if Williams wrote a specific transition out of the Haydn piece, then I wouldn't want this because it wouldn't really make sense.  It's all speculation, we'll find out next week!

16 minutes ago, Jay said:

Basically yes, but with some different versions.

Pretty playful pieces...

The Haydn connection:

"For his days in Vienna Williams also asked to visit the archive of the Gesellschaft der Musikfreunde, along with Anne-Sophie Mutter, in order to “pay his respects” to some special fellow composers. There, for much longer than planned, he pored over the scores of Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven, Schubert, Brahms and Mahler, conducting dialogues with them about corrections or details that stood out far more markedly in the manuscript than on the printed page. Speaking aloud and without restraint, he ruminated on sketches and sketchbooks and philosophized about the technique of committing a score to paper. For his next visit he asked to see Schumann, Bruckner and Richard Strauss."

Williams@Vienna_Digitalbooklet_th200429.indd (idagio.com)

Anyone motivated enough to go back in old threads and look up which sites it was that samples for Tintin, War Horse, Lincoln, and Book Thief first turned up on?

I assume that if there is a FYC album, it will contain what, five tracks? :P

Ok, there won't be a FYC, we all know that.

I'd guess it will be identical to tracks 1-2, 4-6, 8, 10-12 of the OST, but 12 won't have the Haydn in it.

18 minutes ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

it looks like the opener must be an album arrangement

Or it's a combination of some cues that are already on the album elsewhere...

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Anyone motivated enough to go back in old threads and look up which sites it was that samples for Tintin, War Horse, Lincoln, and Book Thief first turned up on?

The Tintin sample site was really random.  Some random European CD website

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

Exactly my point!  What if that same site is the first to put up Fabelmans samples?

It could be good to search "the fabelmans" + "midnight call" (or any of the track titles) in Google and sort results by the past 24 hrs/week

2 hours ago, Jay said:

We don't know how much of the 6:08 track 12 is Williams, and how much is Haydn, yet.

4 minutes ago, King Mark said:

whoo, we get a full 17 minutes of JW music mixed with source music  for his final Spielberg OST . How exciting.

Well, I could do without the source music, since I'm not a fan of the classical period of classical music too. I'm more of a romantic, post-romantic and impressionistic kind of guy.

Here's the possibilities:

1-The score will have the most unreleased JW music ever, making it the worst JW OST of all times

2-The score is relatively short but still missing  a lot  of the highlights on the OST

3-The score is short enough that they release the complete score on the FYC...in 128 kbps MP3

This is now the second time you've thrown out a 17 minute figure, ignoring the the fact that:

2 hours ago, Jay said:

We don't know how much of the 6:08 track 12 is Williams, and how much is Haydn, yet.

Historically, I've tended to enjoy these organic classical music/original music blends. George Fenton's THE MADNESS OF KING GEORGE and James Newton Howard's RESTORATION come to mind. Hopefully, this is within that territory even it it's not set to those times.

So here's the European retailers I found the Fabelmans OST CD on, maybe samples will show up on one of these randomly

https://www.cinezik.org/critiques/affcritique.php?titre=fabelmans2021121014

https://www.weltbild.at/artikel/musik/the-fabelmans-ost_39320131-1

https://www.swiatksiazki.pl/the-fabelmans-ost-6933892-muzyka.html

You never know if something will show up here too

https://www.thefabelmans.movie/

There are a handful of tracks over the years where I still remember the sample so well from listening to it over and over that it still sticks out to me whenever I listen even now. 

I've learned samples are better "sampled" and picking a couple to hear how a thing sounds, I find forgettable and harmless. Indulgent listening all week to the sampled album as a playlist, that'll stick lol. But I know the struggle. 

I'm encountering the same thing on FSM. Some people base their evaluation on the quantity of music, and are also disappointed that it isn't in Williams' exuberant style. Regardless of its context.

6 hours ago, Muad'Dib said:

Short tracks, I dig it!

The Prologue from Hook, County Galway 1892 from Far And Away, With Malice Towards None from Lincoln, Regaining A Son from Seven Years In Tibet....

The man can create true magic in tracks lastig barely two minutes.

Call me genuinely excited for this score. 

This is a preview by the way of an interview that will air November 6 on CBS. It could contain a clip or footage from the film or maybe just parts from the trailer. We'll see. 

9 hours ago, BB-8 said:

The Haydn connection:

"For his days in Vienna Williams also asked to visit the archive of the Gesellschaft der Musikfreunde, along with Anne-Sophie Mutter, in order to “pay his respects” to some special fellow composers. There, for much longer than planned, he pored over the scores of Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven, Schubert, Brahms and Mahler, conducting dialogues with them about corrections or details that stood out far more markedly in the manuscript than on the printed page. Speaking aloud and without restraint, he ruminated on sketches and sketchbooks and philosophized about the technique of committing a score to paper. For his next visit he asked to see Schumann, Bruckner and Richard Strauss."

Williams@Vienna_Digitalbooklet_th200429.indd (idagio.com)

I want to know which other film composers, if any, would go to these same lengths if given the same opportunity as JW. Maybe I’m wrong, but my belief is they do not exist. 

This is part of the reason I love JW. Not just as a creative human being who bridges two musical worlds, but as the idea of a creative human being who bridges two musical worlds. He’s the embodiment of the intellectual curiosity I would hope to see in the world’s greatest film scorer, if such a person did not already exist in JW.