The Fabelmans - OST Album

Chewy

Woah! The physical CDs are shipping!?

Pics of the booklet, please!

~

Ah, I see I have an email from Amazon with a revised shipping estimate

image.png

17 minutes ago, Jay said:

Wow that's a nice note from Spielberg, and it's nice to know that JW's brother Don played on the score!

Is calling him Johnny in the liner notes a new phenomenon?

I noticed that I never ended up actually placing an order for this - when it was supposedly delayed until January, I figured I'd wait and see if a cheaper offer comes along somewhere, and then just forgot about it. Just placed my order at Amazon now, supposed to arrive by Tuesday.

So everyone in Europe is getting their Fabelmans CDs today, while us USA peeps gotta wait another week and a half or more...

and I hadn't realized Pinocchio got a physical release!

2 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

I noticed that I never ended up actually placing an order for this - when it was supposedly delayed until January, I figured I'd wait and see if a cheaper offer comes along somewhere, and then just forgot about it. Just placed my order at Amazon now, supposed to arrive by Tuesday.

I ordered it immediately when it was orderable at amazon. And then it was 12.61€. Haven't seen that price anywhere else since.

12 hours ago, Jay said:

Everyone knew Pinocchio got a physical release but me!

It's about 10 minutes shorter than the digital release. I had to manually type in all the track titles and about halfway through I realised I was 11 tracks short. 😆

4 hours ago, artguy360 said:

The main theme is really quite lovely. I think expectations of a larger and grander score has soured some folks reception to the actual music JW wrote for the film.

Happens with pretty much every single John Williams score. At least that is my impression from reading this forum for the past 20 years. ;)

Karol

Barnes and Noble says my Fabelmans OST is out for delivery today (via USPS). Arriving in Hawaii this soon after other copies are showing up is amazingly fast for USPS.

Did not know Emilio's book was on audiobook. Need to go find that. I've read it (and the revision), but I would listen to it too. (Edit: Ah, Audible has it. But I am not a huge fan of Jonathan Davis who narrates it. I have not loved his Star Wars readings. Hmmm...)

14 minutes ago, lairdo said:

Ah, Audible has it. But I am not a huge fan of Jonathan Davis who narrates it. I have not loved his Star Wars readings. Hmmm...

Agreed.

I just saw the movie. I was expecting there to be more music in the movie than on the album. Instead, there was less!

For example, I never heard track 7: Mother and Son play, and in my opinion, it’s a highlight of the soundtrack.

Also, I can’t recall any music playing during the letter scene, despite track 11 being called “The Letter.” I might be wrong about that one, though.

The Fablemans theme is good; I just wish it had been used more than once! Also, it would be nice if there were more than just two themes!

Looking forward to a full length Indy score next year.

1 hour ago, Garrett said:

Looking forward to a full length Indy score next year.

I'm really happy Williams did this movie and will be content if it's the last Spielberg score because it's a meaningful one.

It's disappointing to me that it's so brief but I do think it's a little gem. If I were given the choice right now to keep it and lose Indy 5, or trade, I would keep this because it's just sweeter to me that this could be the last Spielberg/Williams compared to The Post, whereas I already felt like I got my shot at him doing a big, final, "No, I mean it, this is really the last time" blockbuster with the Star Wars sequels. What can I say, I'm a sap!

But I have to admit since we're lucky enough to get both, I'm relieved he decided to do Indy 5 after all and that it got delayed til next year so it could be the actual last for much buzzier music and JWFan threads. I'm imagining if his film career were a big concert where the program ends with the Star Wars sequels...what's the better encore order, Indy 5-Fabelmans or Fabelmans-Indy 5? There's no question!

29 minutes ago, mrbellamy said:

I'm really happy Williams did this movie and will be content if it's the last Spielberg score because it's a meaningful one.

It's disappointing to me that it's so brief but I do think it's a little gem. If I were given the choice right now to keep it and lose Indy 5, or trade, I would keep this because it's just sweeter to me that this could be the last Spielberg/Williams compared to The Post, whereas I already felt like I got my shot at him doing a big, final, "No, I mean it, this is really the last time" blockbuster with the Star Wars sequels. What can I say, I'm a sap!

But I have to admit since we're lucky enough to get both, I'm relieved he decided to do Indy 5 after all and that it got delayed til next year so it could be the actual last for much buzzier music and JWFan threads. I'm imagining if his film career were a big concert where the program ends with the Star Wars sequels...what's the better encore order, Indy 5-Fabelmans or Fabelmans-Indy 5? There's no question!

The real encore will be the 2028 LA Olympics.

6 hours ago, Garrett said:

For example, I never heard track 7: Mother and Son play, and in my opinion, it’s a highlight of the soundtrack.

I believe someone here has posted that it plays in the end credits

11 hours ago, Dr. Know said:

Got my cd in the mail today from Amazon

Same. Actually, it arrived yesterday at the post office, but since I won't get around to listening to it until the weekend anyway, I only picked it up today.

I preordered it in amazon spain, and shipped a few days ago from germany. It will arrive early next week. But now it seems that it arrived to the spanish amazon warehouses and it says (if bought today) that it will arrive before christmas… o well.

well at least it dropped 3€ in price from the initial sum.

3 hours ago, Tallguy said:

All this waiting for how many minutes of music?

It's very pretty, but it's almost more of a suite than a score.

Would it be better if it did not exist at all?  20 minutes of new Williams music is worth the wait for most fans of his music. 

19 minutes ago, Tom said:

Would it be better if it did not exist at all.  20 minutes of new Williams music is worth the wait for most fans of his music. 

Well, you have me there. I mean, 30+ years ago I went nuts waiting for Always.