You know you're a soundtrack fan when...

Tallguy

10 minutes ago, Andy said:

You time your commute home just right so Goldsmith's "The Enterprise" concludes in sync as your garage door closes shut behind you.

3 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

I used to do the same thing, but I did it to "Descent Into Mystery".

I have, of course, done both.

I had a part of my cross country drive going from highway to freeway where I knew just where to start the main title to Batman so that the end of the intro ended when I hit the higher speed limit.

If you start The Right Stuff on the Cincinnati Pops' Star Tracks II at 1:12 when you average commercial airliner starts it's takeoff roll you will just get airborne when the chimes (chimes?) start to play.

26 minutes ago, Andy said:

You time your commute home just right so Goldsmith's "The Enterprise" concludes in sync as your garage door closes shut behind you.

My very first driving playlist consisted of ~90% action music.  Now those action cues are intertwined with what is basically an approximation of the OST for TMP, minus Main Title/Klingon Battle, Ilia's Theme, and End Title, and with The Enterprise and Spock Walk swapped.  I almost never reverse park my car, but I did do it once, solely because I realized I hit the correct moment in The Enterprise to do so. :)

I also really, really love starting my driving journey with Leaving Drydock.  So glorious!

2 hours ago, Bellosh said:

...you cringe when people call tracks on scores, "songs"

It does irk me but I don’t correct certain people(if they’re friends or family I will, nicely), but other people probably don’t understand the differences and I know what they’re talking about so I go with it.

On 12/09/2022 at 2:12 PM, Marian Schedenig said:

Airplane captains should really announce the exact projected takeoff time so we can configure our playlists accordingly.

They should... although guess it does somewhat depend on how long you're holding before taking off. Then again, as I live on a small island with a tiny airport, planes usually go straight from terminal to runway and takeoff, my favourite for this is usually Leaving Drydock from ST:TMP or the equivalent from TWOK. For landing, I often turn to the final movement of James Horner's double concerto, Pas de Deux which I can usually line up fairly well when flying home since you can reasonably estimate how far there is based on how far across the English Channel you are...

The usual expression of my film music nerdiness is to name the composer whenever someone mentions a film or TV show. Plus usually some bit of film music trivia that my partner, family or friends pretend to be interested in, bless them.

Whenever I travel by aeroplane (which is, hopefully, as least as possible), "YYZ" is always playing in my head, on takeoff.

4 hours ago, Tom Guernsey said:

Then again, as I live on a small island with a tiny airport, planes usually go straight from terminal to runway and takeoff... 

:thumbup:

Kudos, dude.

The island that I live on is only 20km² larger than yours, and it's got its own airport, and the landing aeroplanes go - literally - right past my bedroom window, and I live 50 miles north of one of only two runways in the world, that are also beaches.

It's good to be small :)

On 12/09/2022 at 9:12 AM, Marian Schedenig said:

Airplane captains should really announce the exact projected takeoff time so we can configure our playlists accordingly.

Not to brag or anything but on one of my flights this year, I think it was The Arrival of Tink and the Flight to Neverland that I was able to time it just right with taking off from the ground and hitting the crescendo towards the end of the track. It was glorious.

35 minutes ago, ThePenitentMan1 said:

...your solution to Weird Al's difficult question in White N' Nerdy ("Do I like Kirk, or do I like Picard?") would be to hum Jerry Goldsmith's Star Trek theme and see whether he calls it the TMP theme or the TNG theme.

TMP theme.

When wonder if Smash Hits' reviews of the soundtracks for Ghostbusters, Back To The Future mentioned the score tracks.

When you have multiple copies of Jaws and Jurassic Park a not and not a single Beyonce (or any other popular contemporary recording artist's) album.