You know you're a soundtrack fan when...

Tallguy

... you think, you know more about music theory than the average pop fan.

... you feel discriminated or at least underestimared by classical music lovers.

...you actually believe you could always perfectly distinguish between your excitement for a movie and its score.

Not when you have every JW score going back to the 60's. That just makes you an obsessive John Williams fan not necessarily a score fan

When you go to California want to visit Intrada instead of Disneyland or Yosemite National Park.... or you want to visit Abbey Road Studios because the scores for the original Star Wars films, RoboCop, and Marvel's The Avengers were recorded there.

36 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Hot take:

…when you're indifferent to the music in most films released these days.

This is why I don't like when this forum craps on stuff like The Social Network (a quick example).  I'll take that over a Giacchino hack job score every day of the week.

...you have a work colleague that you can't help calling Barrington (even though his name is Barry, just Barry) because of Barrington Pheloung. True story.

NB. Just to clarify, he thought it was quite funny when I first mentioned it and it became a running joke, I'm honestly not that disrespectful to people I work with (or, you know, anyone).

NB2. Spell check suggested "Feeling" instead of "Pheloung". I therefore hope his autobiography is called Once More with Pheloung.

• 2 weeks later...

When you go to a museum and try to discern the perfect score to go with it. Today i went to Moesgaard Museum in Denmark (near Aarhus) which is about early civilisation. My first choice was Quest for Fire but it wasn’t on my iPhone. Couldn’t quite find something ideal (maybe 2001?!) so enjoyed some classical instead. But I do enjoy a museum or art gallery with vaguely appropriate film music on. 

On 07/10/2022 at 8:55 AM, Tom Guernsey said:

...you have a work colleague that you can't help calling Barrington (even though his name is Barry, just Barry) because of Barrington Pheloung. True story.

Why not just call him John?

• 1 year later...