John Williams and Anne-Sophie Mutter with the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra - February 14, 2023

SyncMan

Who’s gonna be on his laptop at 10 am Friday buying tickets for himself and the wife? This guy!

Danny Elfman in November and now JW in February—not bad at all for California’s second major orchestra! Very exciting!

2 hours ago, rpvee said:

Looked at tickets, and a front row seat is $250! That’s wild. More expensive than even the New York Philharmonic’s spring gala.

Roughly the same as a first category seat at any high profile concert at the Musikverein (sadly).

• 1 month later...

Hello all, I'm SF local and I tried hard, but could not get tickets.   Does anyone have info on 2nd sale or resale info?  Thank you very much in advance for your info.

• 3 months later...
39 minutes ago, Alejandro said:

Violin arrangement of Helena’s Theme!  Finished recording last Friday. Last thing they recorded he said. Wow. 

As in Indy 5 has now finished recording? Did they actually perform this new violin arrangement of Helena's Theme tonight, or he only mentioned it?

Fascinating news regardless. Could he include two versions of Helena's Theme on the OST, a violin arrangement and the concert arrangement?

1 hour ago, Alejandro said:

Violin arrangement of Helena’s Theme!  Finished recording last Friday. Last thing they recorded he said. Wow. 

I don't know if I understand correctly: This is the last thing they (ASM & JW) ever recorded, so there won't be any more new arrangements? Or it's just the last thing they recorded because it was last Friday?

2 hours ago, Alejandro said:

I took it to mean the violin arrangement was the last piece recorded at Fridays final Indy 5 session. 

the Usher said there were cameras present for a documentary. 

Revised:

Violin arrangement of Helena’s Theme was performed tonight. Williams Finished recording Indy 5 (“felt like Indy 10”) last Friday. Last thing he recorded Friday was the violin solo version I think is what he said. The mic volume was quite low.  

So is Mutter actually going to be featured on the Indy 5 soundtrack, then??

4 hours ago, Tydirium said:

So is Mutter actually going to be featured on the Indy 5 soundtrack, then??

I'm guessing/hoping it was recorded for an upcoming Across The Stars Vol. 2.

7 hours ago, Alejandro said:

(“felt like Indy 10”) 

I love his wit (and willingness to subtly jab the industry).  

I wonder how much Mutter pestered Williams to be included on the soundtrack.   

8 hours ago, Alejandro said:

Violin arrangement of Helena’s Theme was performed tonight. Williams Finished recording Indy 5 (“felt like Indy 10”) last Friday. Last thing he recorded Friday was the violin solo version I think is what he said. The mic volume was quite low.  

Probably confused it with the violin arrangement of Marion's Theme he recorded quite a while ago… ;) 

Check out that V-neck on the studio lot! Williams has belatedly entered his Blue Period.

On 21/02/2023 at 3:12 AM, bruce marshall said:

20230219_112903.jpg

its interesting these programs, he seems to re-play the same music from hal leonard over and over again. I wonder if its just easier (doubt it) or these are always his personal favorites or something. Throne room has ended almost all of his concerts in the last years

• 1 month later...