The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring 21st Anniversary Concert. @Radio City Music Hall 2/06-07/2023

DangerMotif

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

21st Anniversary Concert

Radio City Music Hall, New York, NY

Celebrating the 21st anniversary of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, Howard Shore’s Academy award-winning score will be presented live, in concert at Radio City Music Hall on February 6 & 7. Experience the epic motion picture and its legendary score beneath a giant screen accompanied by 238 musicians, including a symphony orchestra, chorus and soloists.

https://www.msg.com/calendar/radio-city-music-hall-february-2023-the-lord-of-the-rings-the-fellowship-of-the-ring/3C005D33D5D90F6D#about-the-event

16 minutes ago, Jay said:

But 2023 is the 22nd anniversary of this 2001 film...

Anyways... I want to go to there!

Didn't FOTR come out in december? Maybe that has something to do with it?

Well the tickets go on sale next week, and 2022 is the 21st anniversary of the 2001 film, but since the concert is in 2023 it's silly

Then again referring to any anniversary that doesn't end in a 0 or 5 is silly except for LLL's Spaceballs album

VIP tickets including the Q&A and signed CD are $275ish including fees, which frankly is way better than I would’ve expected between the event and the legendary venue. Would be cool if there’s an opportunity to actually meet Shore and get a vinyl signed, but awesome opportunity and reasonable price regardless.

I can already buy tickets on Ticketmaster, surprisingly. The first few rows are locked off in a presale, but wouldn’t wanna sit thaaaaat close anyway considering the big screen.

4 hours ago, rpvee said:

VIP tickets including the Q&A and signed CD are $275ish including fees, which frankly is way better than I would’ve expected between the event and the legendary venue. Would be cool if there’s an opportunity to actually meet Shore and get a vinyl signed, but awesome opportunity and reasonable price regardless.

I can already buy tickets on Ticketmaster, surprisingly. The first few rows are locked off in a presale, but wouldn’t wanna sit thaaaaat close anyway considering the big screen.

what's the password for presages?

I just got VIP seats for the Monday night. Would be interested to see what the signed CD is but I assume it’s prob the rarities maybe? The first few rows are blocked off but it says that it’s an obstructed view

11 minutes ago, Potterhead said:

what's the password for presages?

You can go on ticketmaster without a code

Just now, Gibster said:

I just got VIP seats for the Monday night. Would be interested to see what the signed CD is but I assume it’s prob the rarities maybe? The first few rows are blocked off but it says that it’s an obstructed view

You can go on ticketmaster without a code

hmm does not work for me

On 20/09/2022 at 2:42 PM, Gibster said:

One of the sites list a post screening Q&A and Signing with "The Maestro", I would hope that means  Shore

Link?

On 20/9/2022 at 2:27 PM, Gibster said:

I assume it's not all NY Phil players?

Last time it was a touring orchestra from Europe.

Chances of it being NY Phil players are slim though, a lot of these concert are performed by freelancers via the local AFM.  Sometimes it’s folks from the major orchestras, but generally not.

• 1 month later...

Radio City Music Hall seems to think that this concert is going to be a hit.  They just added two more shows--Wednesday, February 8th and Thursday, February 9th.

https://www.ticketmaster.com/lord-of-the-rings-tickets/artist/947846?venueId=491523

The Blossom Music Festival, who presented the LTP concert of FOTR with the Cleveland Orchestra last July, has just announced that they will be doing TTT this July.

The Lord of the Rings: Two Towers (clevelandorchestra.com)

So, if Blossom is on board to do the trilogy, then perhaps Radio City Music Hall may do it too, seeing as though they have increased the number of shows from 2 to 4 for FOTR last week due to 'overwhelming demand'.

temp.png

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, DangerMotif said:

Neither Shore or Adams will be there, this VIP thing seems to be a massive rip off

You could easily mistake their marketing name 'Meet the Maestro' for meeting Shore. That feels rather dodgy, especially as meeting some random conductor is hardly the same as meeting the composer.

And depending on how many VIP tickets they sell, it may be nothing more than being allowed in the same room as the conductor and no guarantee you'd actually get to talk to them.

4 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

You could easily mistake their marketing name 'Meet the Maestro' for meeting Shore. That feels rather dodgy, especially as meeting some random conductor is hardly the same as meeting the composer.

And depending on how many VIP tickets they sell, it may be nothing more than being allowed in the same room as the conductor and no guarantee you'd actually get to talk to them.

Signed CD also makes it seem like Shore

Reading again, 'Meet The Maestro Q&A'... is that just a fancy name for an event in the hall before the concert where the conductor takes audience questions? The more you read it, the less it sounds like anything resembling where you'd get to meet them in person.

4 hours ago, rpvee said:

Phew! That’s a relief. Is he there? How’d you get the CD?

They had them in bags, they also sold signed cds for 25$. Post Q&A was with the conductor who works very closely with Howard and is very knowledgeable so it was good but didn’t start till 12 AM

24 minutes ago, DangerMotif said:

They had them in bags, they also sold signed cds for 25$. Post Q&A was with the conductor who works very closely with Howard and is very knowledgeable so it was good but didn’t start till 12 AM

They sold the exact same signed CD for only $25? That makes the VIP feel less neat lol. Did they only have Fellowship signed, or the others as well? And the Q&A really didn’t start until midnight?! What time did the movie end?

Sorry for all the questions, trying to get an idea of how tomorrow night will go.

38 minutes ago, rpvee said:

What time did the movie end?

Since the theatrical cut was shown at the concert, it would be 3 hours, plus a 20 minute intermission. So, figure about 11:25pm.

Also...

20230206_232946.jpg

I hope, for Radio City Music Hall's sake, that they don't book it in Feb'24, but sooner. The public could lose interest by then.

44 minutes ago, rpvee said:

They sold the exact same signed CD for only $25? That makes the VIP feel less neat lol. Did they only have Fellowship signed, or the others as well? And the Q&A really didn’t start until midnight?! What time did the movie end?

Sorry for all the questions, trying to get an idea of how tomorrow night will go.

The main problem is that the concert started at 8 so it ended around 11:30, 7/7:30 would have been better. They only sold fellowship signed. They had the symphony but not signed, the autograph was a colored pen not a sharpie so it looks a little different . They also gave a program which you would have to otherwise pay for. Besides the timing the Q&A was great. Happy to answer any other question you have.