Bond 25 by Royal Philharmonic Orchestra

mxsch

The new arrangement of You Know My Name is a real standout. A shame it isn't the "traditional" concert version - which I don't believe has ever been released - but to hear a new arrangement of Arnold's theme after 16 years is quite something!

21 hours ago, Anthony said:

The new arrangement of You Know My Name is a real standout. A shame it isn't the "traditional" concert version - which I don't believe has ever been released - but to hear a new arrangement of Arnold's theme after 16 years is quite something!

And I think it did a massive upgrade to Writing's on The Wall

Just listened through this, it's a lot of fun, though I wish Barry's '007' was included as I always have fun with that theme. Also would have loved Arnold's Tomorrow Never Dies (KD Lang) tune on this as I like it better than the Sheryl Crow one. 

Some of these arrangements sound the same as the 1997 'The Essential James Bond' CD by Prague Philharmonic, though they sound better on this new release. 

It was interesting listening to this in one sitting to feel how the series has changed as years went on. A lot of the earlier Barry tunes had me jazzed up and excited and saying 'yeah baby', and then the last few, had me feeling more somber...especially listening to No Time to Die as the last track I felt quite down, knowing what happens in that movie. 

Doesn't mean that I didn't enjoy this album as a whole, fun arrangements. I love much of the Bond music and songs, and I will jump at any new orchestral-arrangements/ performances I can find.