Michael Giacchino - Werewolf By Night (2022)

Alex

Yes many of the links in my post showing where the 20 track version can be bought are different than the links in the post showing where the 16 track version can be bought, because on almost every retailer it was listed as a separate album

On 27/10/2022 at 1:27 PM, Holko said:

41:03... maybe they accidentally put up the LP master?

Looks like that was not the case.

https://mondoshop.com/products/marvels-werewolf-by-night-original-motion-picture-soundtrack-lp

The vinyl edition contains all 4 tracks that weren't on the initial digital album

Cue dig1 dig2 vinyl
A Marvel Special Presentation 1 1 A1
Mane Title 2 2 A2
Hall of Shame 3 3  
Ulysse's Rant 4 4 A3
There Is No Peace Without Tuba 5 5 A4
Scot Free 6 6 A5
Big Shoes To Fill   7 A6
A Farewell to Arm 7 8 A7
Cryptic Messages 8 9  
Tales from the Crypt 9 10 A8
Two Lefts Make a Right   11 A9
Elsa's Ted Talk 10 12 B1
All The World's A Cage   13 B2
Beach Blanket Betrayal 11 14 B3
World's Worst Makeover   15 B4
Where's Wolf 12 16 B5
I Don't Know Jack 13 17 B6
Mane on Ends 14 18 B7
End Shredits 15 19 B8
Mane Theme – Piano Arrangement 16 20  

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, crocodile said:

Speaking of which, still no sign of the missing four tracks being available to download/purchase. Streaming only. :(

Karol

Couldn't you just download them off of YouTube or something? 

4 hours ago, crocodile said:

Speaking of which, still no sign of the missing four tracks being available to download/purchase. Streaming only. :(

Karol

At least they aren't vinyl exclusive. I think if you pay for lossless streaming and record them you can have the files which is basically as good as being able to buy them. I mean it's not your fault if they won't take your money for them

16 hours ago, enderdrag64 said:

At least they aren't vinyl exclusive. I think if you pay for lossless streaming and record them you can have the files which is basically as good as being able to buy them. I mean it's not your fault if they won't take your money for them

Plus, they can't sue you for piracy, since you aren't getting it from an unofficial source.

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/12/2022 at 12:57 PM, fommes said:

Does the main theme remind anyone of another theme/track? It's very reminiscent of something and it's just not popping into my head what it is.

Same here, spent the entire night after watching it trying to place it... still not sure.

Specifically the downward motif starting at 0:38 in the Mane Title or 0:25 in Mane on Ends.

It's on the tip of my, eh, ear but the penny doesn't drop.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Another booking of the LTP concert for this film.  This time, Giacchino hosts.

National Symphony Orchestra.  Emil de Cou, conductor

Kennedy Center, Washington, DC

Saturday, October 21, 2023

https://www.kennedy-center.org/nso/home/2023-2024/werewolf-by-night/

On a dark and somber night, a secret cabal of monster hunters emerge from the shadows to gather at the foreboding Bloodstone Temple following the death of their leader. In a strange and macabre memorial to the leader’s life, attendees are thrust into a mysterious and deadly competition for a powerful relic—a hunt that will ultimately bring them face-to-face with a dangerous monster.

Part monster-movie throwback, part deep-cut fan service, Werewolf by Night (2022) brings Marvel’s horror-comics legacy into its ever-expanding cinematic universe. Prolific conductor Emil de Cou leads the NSO in director-composer Michael Giacchino’s fantastical score while the complete film plays on a big screen above the stage. Hosted by Giacchino, this immersive concert experience opens with a selection of eerie, exciting classic horror soundtracks from movies we love and the films that inspired this modern masterwork.

• 2 months later...

This article published on Sept 29 discusses Giacchino's interest in having the whole movie in color and maybe 3D.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-shows/director-michael-giacchino-colorizing-werewolf-by-night

I wonder if this color version will appear in any of the LTP concerts this month.

Edit:

Screening of color version will happen on October 15 in North Hollywood.

https://collider.com/werewolf-by-night-in-color-screening-michael-giacchino/

On 11/07/2023 at 6:42 PM, SyncMan said:

Another booking of the LTP concert for this film.  This time, Giacchino hosts.

National Symphony Orchestra.  Emil de Cou, conductor

Kennedy Center, Washington, DC

Saturday, October 21, 2023

https://www.kennedy-center.org/nso/home/2023-2024/werewolf-by-night/

I have my tickets to this-  I'm curious about the 'other' horror movie scores that will be performed.

NSO has really been doing a great job with film music concerts lately.  The Star Wars saga one was amazing.

17 hours ago, BobaMike said:

I'm curious about the 'other' horror movie scores that will be performed.

The updated description of this concert from the Kennedy Center’s website-via the said link--reads this, “Hosted by Giacchino, the evening begins with soundtracks and clips from Psycho, The Phantom of the Opera, Coco, The Batman, Bride of Frankenstein, and other iconic classics.”

17 hours ago, BobaMike said:

NSO has really been doing a great job with film music concerts lately.  The Star Wars saga one was amazing.

What you speak of was prior to the pandemic.  Yeah, during the 21-22 season, the Kennedy Center had 4 LTP concerts--Up, Black Panther, Jurassic Park and ET, but in the 22-23 season, all they had was one--Frozen, and this season they have 2--this concert and Disney's The Sound of Magic.  I feel that the KC has not been very aggressive in booking more LTP concerts in the past seasons.  With that being said, the KC has been known to add concerts to the schedule while a season is in progress, so we'll have to see.

Here is how supportive Disney is in this film.  In this post from Disney Concerts’ Facebook page is a list of their LTP concerts that are being performed at USA venues this month.  Werewolf is nowhere on it.

This is what’s coming up in October for Disney Concerts! Tag a friend to accompany you to a show!
⭐️10/6 Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back at the PPL Center in Allentown, PA
⭐️10/6 Disney Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas at the The Stifel Theatre in St. Louis, MO
⭐️10/13-10/15 Sound of Magic in Concert at the Heinz Hall in Pittsburgh, PA
⭐️10/14-10/15 Star Wars: A New Hope at the Benjamin & Marian Schuster Performing Arts Center in Dayton, OH
⭐️10/14-10/15 Hocus Pocus in Concert at the Schermerhorn Symphony Center in Nashville, TN
⭐️10/14-10/15 Indiana Jones - Raiders of the Lost Ark at the Linda Ronstadt Music Hall in Tucson, AZ
⭐️10/18 Disney Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas at the Kentucky Center for the Arts Whitney Hall in Louisville, KY
⭐️10/20-10/22 Sound of Magic in Concert at the Music Hall in Cincinnati, OH
⭐️10/21-10/22 Sound of Magic in Concert at the Hilbert Circle Theatre in Indianapolis, IN
⭐️10/21 Star Wars: A New Hope at the Robinson Performance Hall in Little Rock, AR
⭐️10/26-10/27 & 10/29 Sound of Magic in Concert at the Benaroya Hall in Seattle, WA
⭐️10/27-10/28 Disney Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas at the Boettcher Concert Hall in Denver, CO
⭐️10/27-10/28 Disney Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas at the Atlanta Symphony Hall in Atlanta, GA
⭐️Coco In Concert The North American Tour
⭐️Encanto The Sing-Along Concert
⭐️10/27-10/29 Disney Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas at the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles, CA

On 09/10/2023 at 6:44 AM, SyncMan said:

What you speak of was prior to the pandemic.  Yeah, during the 21-22 season, the Kennedy Center had 4 LTP concerts--Up, Black Panther, Jurassic Park and ET, but in the 22-23 season, all they had was one--Frozen, and this season they have 2--this concert and Disney's The Sound of Magic.  I feel that the KC has not been very aggressive in booking more LTP concerts in the past seasons.  With that being said, the KC has been known to add concerts to the schedule while a season is in progress, so we'll have to see.

Don't forget their summer Wolf Trap concerts as well- they did Jurassic Park and Return of the Jedi this past summer I think.  I remember because I was out of town for both :-/  They also did a Studio Ghibli concert.

If you are near DC like I am, Elfman's Batman is being played in Jan 2024..at the Warner Theater I think?  I got tickets :)