Shadows of the Empire - Incomplete CD?

First off, I am not here to comend or bash the shadows score, so please refrain from this also.

Now: On page 260 of the Secrets of Shadows of the Empire book, it says

"Some twelve final selections of Shadows highlights would be composed and prepared for recording..."

Now, on the shadows CD, there are TEN tracks. Even if you count the first track as two different ones (MAIN THEME from STAR WARS and Leia's Nightmare), there is still only ELEVEN tracks.

What happened to these one or two tracks? Did the author of the book simply make a typo?

Thanks in advance!

Also, does anyone have a scan of the shadows (book) cover without text on it? There's a small one in the secrets book, but a bigger one would be better.

:| Riders on the Storm, THE DOORS

(Love that song)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:| Riders on the Storm, THE DOORS (Love that song)

I agree 100%. Really chilled out track.

Do you have the Album "An american prayer" ?.

It has some wonderful uses of Riders within it.

NP : Rebirth (Poltergeist)

why would they release an incomplete Shadows of the Empire C.d.It's not a soundtrack and was certainly designed for a 1 c.d. release.in any case it would be illogical.

k.m.

:) Riders on the Storm, THE DOORS (Love that song)

I agree 100%. Really chilled out track.

It's great! Do you know The Doors Concerto? I usually dislike orchestra-adaptions of songs and the other way round, but this is really excellent.

Marian - who still thinks it's stupid that Shadows of the Empire is marketed as a film score, when it's in fact a tone poem.

Marian - who still thinks it's stupid that Shadows of the Empire is marketed as a film score, when it's in fact a tone poem.

What's in a catagory?

What's in a catagory?

:?:

That's not true....it's impossible!!!

It's just another hint that you don't really dislike so-called "classical music" per se.

Marian - making himself an Indy scores afternoon.

:) Raiders of the Lost Ark

I mean, who cares what it technically is, it's still shadows of the empire. :)

Hmmm,Shadow of the Empire is a good album to throw in the faces of classical purists who will dismiss it as a film score and not "real" music,then tell them is was inspired by a book.

k.m.

I mean, who cares what it technically is, it's still shadows of the empire. :)

Sure...but it tricks people like Stefancos into buying the CD, and even ENJOYING :!: it - though we all know that he in fact hates music like this.

Marian - finding this very unfair.

...so Stefan will once again manage to ignore the truth.  :evil:

Frightening how you managed to sound like Chrushercomix on one of his Religious rants. :)

Marian - who thinks Stefan is doing himself a big disservice.

He, just because I enjoy Jogn Williams recent release with Yo-Yo Ma, doesnt mean i'll have to start listening to bloody Bruckner.

Stefancos- not even sure who Bruckner is and what he composed.

Actually on the "enhanced" CD-Rom material, if you can access it on your PC, it sounds like some unused music appears.

Frightening how you managed to sound like Chrushercomix on one of his Religious rants.  :mrgreen:

Me and religion? 8O

He, just because I enjoy Jogn Williams recent release with Yo-Yo Ma, doesnt mean i'll have to start listening to bloody Bruckner.

That disc is nice, but it's not nearly as good as 99% of Bruckner's output.

Stefancos- not even sure who Bruckner is and what he composed.

Yet you still like Jerry Goldsmith. :)

Marian - battling futility.

;) Aus Italien (Richard Strauss)

Frightening how you managed to sound like Chrushercomix on one of his Religious rants.  :mrgreen:

Me and religion? 8O

well, it's the whole Stefan ignores the truth sentence that is so Chrushercomix like, i'm sure he will agree with this.

That disc is nice, but it's not nearly as good as 99% of Bruckner's output.

I wouldn't know. ;)

Marian - battling futility.

And failing miserably. :)

Stefancos- who sees no logical reason to listen to classical music, when he can listen to the genre that replaced it. 8O

["]

Stefancos- who sees no logical reason to listen to classical music, when he can listen to the genre that replaced it.  :mrgreen:

That's a good way of putting it :mrgreen:

Ugh! Maybe time will change your mind. I started out listening to soundtrack music and in learning about it lead me to Classical. That's where the goods are, guys. Listen to the opening movement to Bruckner's Fourth Symphony and trust me, you will hear something quite familliar. How about The Rite of Spring? Some of the percussion licks were referenced by Williams in Jaws.

The list goes on and on. And some of these old guys did write movie scores: Prokofiev, Walton, and Vaughan-Williams. Check 'em out. If nothing else, you'll hear where Horner gets a lot of his material...

Bruckhorn, who first listened to Bruckner after reading that the Star Wars score was inspired by Bruckner's Symphonies.

Stefancos- who sees no logical reason to listen to classical music, when he can listen to the genre that replaced it.

Then you are illogical. Because it's good music worth listening to.

I wonder if Stefancos enjoys Fantasia or Fantasia 2000. That conflict of interest might cause spontaneous combustion! :wow:

-MoffJake (off to find some Bruckner....)

I always felt that the Suprosa scene should have been scored...

And some Emperor appeareances or Vader's..

The Surposa scene stands out the most to me as needing a score. The creation of luke's lightsaber, also.