La-La Land Records Black Friday 2022

Jay

Dreaming of:

$29.98:  Amistad
$29.98: The Lost World: Jurassic Park (with more film versions)
$39.98: The Orville: New Horizons
$29.98: Innerspace
$21.98: Enemy at the Gates

Is Innerspace a long enough score that a new expansion would need two CDs?  The previous expansion fit on one disc.  I was hoping that might be the $21.98 title, but I'm also hoping Sneakers is that title

The complete score fit on LLL’s previous long OOP single disc expansion… but it featured a different mix (and probably different takes in some cases) from the original album. A comprehensive release for today’s standards would probably include a second disc with the original score program, plus any other interesting alternates filling out the disc.

Yavar

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Is Innerspace a long enough score that a new expansion would need two CDs?  The previous expansion fit on one disc.  I was hoping that might be the $21.98 title, but I'm also hoping Sneakers is that title

Like Yavar said I was thinking about a proper remaster of the OST plus some new alternates

Anyway Sneakers would be a terrific release too

Sneakers feels like a no brainer to have come out by now, so I wonder if there's been some weird holdup somewhere, like rights issues or something

18 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

HP4.

HP4.

HP4.

HP4.

HP4.

The Terminal.

HP4 would definitely make me happy. There's some really good stuff not on the album that I spotted during live to projection concert. And while not quite as subtle or refined as Williams, it's a very strong score with its own personality. 😀

Karol

34 minutes ago, crocodile said:

HP4 would definitely make me happy. There's some really good stuff not on the album that I spotted during live to projection concert. And while not quite as subtle or refined as Williams, it's a very strong score with its own personality. 😀

Karol

I think subtlety wasn't really an option with the direction Newell was going for. I've never been able to really listen to it critically since the impression it made on my 12-year-old self in 2005 was so profound that I can't forget it. It was my awakening to film music.

1 hour ago, crocodile said:

The cat in the previous picture is my mum's. His name is Harry. This dog in my current one is my friend's who passed away last year. I wouldn't call him "mine" out of respect for my late friend but, yes, he lives with me and I look after him. His name is Kuma and he's a huge dork. :)

Karol

He's beautiful.  My condolences on your loss, and good on you for taking care of your friend's buddy.  

3 hours ago, May the Force be with You said:

Dreaming of:

$29.98:  Amistad
$29.98: The Lost World: Jurassic Park (with more film versions)
$39.98: The Orville: New Horizons
$29.98: Innerspace
$21.98: Enemy at the Gates

Not bad, though I'd be hoping for:

The Three Musketeers (Kamen)

JP TLW

JP III

Eragon (sorry, I'm a Doyle fan)

Pelican Brief

5 minutes ago, MedigoScan said:

How many illegal or legal releases of Sneakers have there been by now?

one OST, one boot with this weird static distortion in several cues. 

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Shamless plug for my google doc that lists the music in the Omni book, the leak, and the OST

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FHuDyOsbsyic5kW4DqPMiENIyK4H9ONvsD-tmuMg35Q

Why is it when you're shameless I wind up learning things.

I haven't seen Sneakers all the way through in 30 (!) years. I listen to the CD regularly. So while I'm not missing anything it's good to know there is material to be missed.

@Jayis there any truth to this statement at all? He replied to my comment saying he thinks Hook would not be possible at all and I asked him what made him think that and this is what he said.

2C39F8F8-4585-4DF7-893C-6D3FEBC5BE57.jpeg

Maybe the Sony Music thing, when they temporarily blocked everything, except 2 releases that were far enough along (that still haven't come out)?

Yes, Trent Bennet is Vosk / @Trent B, and yes, it sounds like he's talking about that Sony Music letter from almost 4 years ago that hasn't been an issue for quite some time

The specialty labels have released scores licensed from Sony Music since then, like Intrada's Legends of the Fall in 2020 for one example that comes to mind -- Not to mention Hook itself was licensed from Sony Music to Mondo for the OST rebuild in 2021.

If it is a LLL Black Friday title, it will get spoiled early if there is a day&date digital album that shows up on iTunes NZ when its still Thursday for most of us

Didn't LLL say sales of the first two volumes were subpar and that no one was buying new TV scores on CD? I'm a bit confused at how this would realistically be a BF title. Great that it's coming out though.

Also, I want the largest set to be Gladiator ;) 

5 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

Didn't LLL say sales of the first two volumes were subpar and that no one was buying new TV scores on CD? I'm a bit confused at how this would realistically be a BF title. Great that it's coming out though.

Yeah it very well may be digital/streaming only

1 hour ago, Gibster said:

Why haven’t they re stocked his Batman scores

I would like a restock of the original LLL Batman 89.  I liked the Main Title mix on that one better than the Elfman 4CD collection.