Indiana Jones TV Series (Disney+)

Andy

I only would like a cartoon featuring adult indiana jones.

i wanted to like young indiana jones chronicles… and it never did anything for me.

and they could also make more videogames and novels.

and thats it

16 hours ago, mstrox said:

No problem with another Young-Indy-esque series.  

Indeed. Loved the YOUNG INDY series as a teen/young man, and wouldn't mind another series in the same mold.

There were plans to go into Abner Ravenwood in future season of Young Indy, if they continue from where the show left off (1920s?), Sean Patrick Flanery could very well play Ravenwood now, the question would be how they would tell Indy and Marion's story, as controversial as that original idea was, though I doubt it would stay that way if George managed to get to that point in the original run.

I do love Laurence Rosenthal's theme for the show and the score as a whole, Joel McNeely would be a blast to have back.

46 minutes ago, Gabriel Bezerra said:

There were plans to go into Abner Ravenwood in future season of Young Indy, if they continue from where the show left off (1920s?), Sean Patrick Flanery could very well play Ravenwood now, the question would be how they would tell Indy and Marion's story, as controversial as that original idea was, though I doubt it would stay that way if George managed to get to that point in the original run.

Worlds would collide too much (for me anyway) if Flanery played a different character than Indiana Jones within the Indiana Jones universe now. Much like what happened when Chris Reeve appeared in SMALLVILLE. Flanery is 57 now, considerably older than what Ford was in RAIDERS, so he can't repeat the "Young Indy" part anymore either. A bit frustrating.  BUT...there's still room for a new actor to portray him between the Flanery and Ford years; so a continuation of YOUNG INDY is technically possible.

46 minutes ago, Gabriel Bezerra said:

I do love Laurence Rosenthal's theme for the show and the score as a whole, Joel McNeely would be a blast to have back.

One can always dream about more scores from Larry and Joel. Rosenthal is still around, at an impressive 96, but probably retired many years ago.

• 4 months later...
13 minutes ago, Nick1Ø66 said:

Good. There is no "Indiana Jones Universe" because, with all due respect to Young Indy, there is no Indiana Jones without Harrison Ford.

Harrison Ford was in YOUNG INDY. ;)

37 minutes ago, Nick1Ø66 said:

Good. There is no "Indiana Jones Universe" because, with all due respect to Young Indy, there is no Indiana Jones without Harrison Ford.

No, but the fedora could get passed down to SHORT ROUND!! :)

In my imagination, they are ditching this Abner Ravenwood show for what they should have done all along... a Short Round series with now Oscar-winner Ke Huy Quan... hell he's on the upcoming Loki season 2 so we know Disney is sold on him!

Yavar

26 minutes ago, Yavar Moradi said:

No, but the fedora could get passed down to SHORT ROUND!! :)

In my imagination, they are ditching this Abner Ravenwood show for what they should have done all along... a Short Round series with now Oscar-winner Ke Huy Quan... hell he's on the upcoming Loki season 2 so we know Disney is sold on him!

Yavar

Please not.

Better let Marion, Willie and Elsa's Zombie team up for a dynamic trio to revieal ancient secrets and mysteries.

Short Round could have a cameo in each of their movies.

46 minutes ago, Andy said:

There’s just no way it would ever be as good without Ford and Williams 

Sure, but I'd just be happy with "good" rather than hoping for "as good". :)

1 hour ago, Nick1Ø66 said:

I'm as fond of Ke Huy Quan as anyone, but one problem (among many), with a Short Round series is that Disney would inevitably turn it into a comedy. They'd screw it up. And it would be stupid.

I dunno about that. I think it would just need the right showrunner and creative team, to be good. Look at how good Andor is, or how good The Mandalorian started out being. I think Quan's Oscar-winning role showed his versatility with both comedy and drama, and I don't think anyone choosing him to pick up the fedora would be foolish enough to misuse his talents. At least, I have enough hope that that wouldn't have to be the case.

Yavar

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Jay said:

Wait...wasn't the TV series "cancelled"? (as if you can cancel something that never really existed in the first place)