New hourlong Paul Verhoeven interview about Jerry Goldsmith!

Yavar Moradi

Damn!!! This is probably my favorite episode so far!! I absolutely love Paul Verhoeven!!! His honesty, his "no BS" attitude and lucidity about his own work is admirable and so enjoyable!!
And his stories are just delicious treats.

Goldsmith and he really found each other. I would have loved to see (hear) what Jerry would have produced for Starship Troopers if his A hole of agent didn't played that nasty trick on him and Paul. But I'm still happy we got Basil's masterpiece for it too.

Thank you thank you thank you for offering us such a great episode, and piece of Movie score History!

1 hour ago, Steffromuk said:

Damn!!! This is probably my favorite episode so far!! I absolutely love Paul Verhoeven!!! His honesty, his "no BS" attitude and lucidity about his own work is admirable and so enjoyable!!
And his stories are just delicious treats.

Agreed! Glad you enjoyed.

Goldsmith and he really found each other. I would have loved to see (hear) what Jerry would have produced for Starship Troopers if his A hole of agent didn't played that nasty trick on him and Paul. But I'm still happy we got Basil's masterpiece for it too.

I don't think Richard Kraft's an A hole at all. Honestly Paul's speculation was probably correct: Richard represented (and was close with) both Jerry and Basil, and it was Basil's career which needed help at that point. While I would have LOVED a Goldsmith Starship Troopers score (probably even more than Basil's) I understand why he may have done that, and it wasn't out of malice towards Jerry or Paul.

Thank you thank you thank you for offering us such a great episode, and piece of Movie score History!

My (our) pleasure!

Yavar

Sorry for the "A hole" that was a little extreme. I enjoyed all of this very much.

21 minutes ago, Yavar Moradi said:

Agreed! Glad you enjoyed.

I don't think Richard Kraft's an A hole at all. Honestly Paul's speculation was probably correct: Richard represented (and was close with) both Jerry and Basil, and it was Basil's career which needed help at that point. While I would have LOVED a Goldsmith Starship Troopers score (probably even more than Basil's) I understand why he may have done that, and it wasn't out of malice towards Jerry or Paul.

My (our) pleasure!

Yavar

Thanka for this wonderful interview.

I'm from the same country as Paul, amd I always looked up to him as a filmmaker and love his film. To hear him talk about his relationship with Goldsmith (one of my favourite composers) is incredible.

And the other parts about other films with Poledouris and Dudley is such a joy to listen to.

So thank you very much!!!