John Williams to be in “If These Walls Could Sing” Abbey Road Disney+ Documentary, December 16th

rpvee

AWESOME! I can’t wait to see this documentary when it comes out on Disney Plus.

It's an 86 minute documentary movie

On 19/11/2022 at 9:11 PM, Tallguy said:

What SW scores were at Abbey Road again?

1,2,3,6, Solo, (video games: Kinect, 1313, Battlefront 1-2, Fallen Order), Galaxy's Edge. It is unknown if TESB had some sessions there, but the general consensus is that there was not.

Saw this trailer the other day, looks super cool. Also hoping they unearthed never before seen recording session footage.

9 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

1,2,3,6, Solo, (video games: Kinect, 1313, Battlefront 1-2, Fallen Order). TESB had a few sessions there.

I've seen conflicting accounts of whether any of ESB happened at Abbey Road, surprisingly. I honestly don't know who to believe. But anyway, let's add Galaxy's Edge to the list.

7 hours ago, Datameister said:

I've seen conflicting accounts of whether any of ESB happened at Abbey Road, surprisingly.

I originally wrote something similar in my post but removed it. I keep seeing reports of it having been partially recorded at Abbey, yet I can't seem to find any actual evidence of that being the case.

13 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

I keep seeing reports of it having been partially recorded at Abbey, yet I can't seem to find any actual evidence of that being the case

Doesn't George Lucas say as much in the liner notes to the 1990 Sony Skywalker Symphony disc?

There are even contradictory statements in Abbey Road's web presence.

https://www.abbeyroad.com/news/the-history-of-film-recording-at-abbey-road-studios-as-told-by-abbey-roads-mirek-stiles-part-two-2744

https://www.abbeyroad.com/studio-one

So I really don't know what to make of it all. The only thing that's consistent across accounts is that at least most of the score was recorded at Anvil.

13 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

We all know George is, uh, not great at historical accuracy regarding his projects. :lol:

That.

George, for instance, denies that his original intention was to use preexisting classical pieces, but Williams had consistently attested since 1976 that this was the direction: he was originally hired to do the Cantina source cues!