AMISTAD (1997) - NEW! 2-CD 25th Anniversary Expanded Edition produced by Mike Matessino (2022)

Jay

I don’t know much about CD releases but is there anyway to stream this on phone or find it on YouTube so I don’t have to pay the money. I love this score and I want to listen to the expanded version but I’m living on a budget.

5 minutes ago, FrankV said:

? Only Spider-Man starts shipping on December 5, the other ones are in stock according to the website.

Oh, I thought that was for all 5 releases, whoops.

44 minutes ago, filmmusic said:

Music box records at 38.95 (!!) euros and no customs or La-laland at $30 and customs?

I'm counting on Music Box. I'm paying €16 shipping for 11 albums, and no extra taxes.

The problem with musicbox nowadays is that one cd orders shipping is too high.

their base prices are more or less what the cd would cost you buying directly from the retailer….before the european customs tax law was applied.

1 hour ago, Marian Schedenig said:

I'm counting on Music Box. I'm paying €16 shipping for 11 albums, and no extra taxes.

Only €23 shipping for 7 albums (all 5 LLLs plus a couple of Quartets I hadn't got around to picking up), although my basic prices seem to be much lower when I login compared to the prices before I've logged in. Weird, but I'll take it (don't hate me).

1 hour ago, Tom Guernsey said:

Only €23 shipping for 7 albums (all 5 LLLs plus a couple of Quartets I hadn't got around to picking up), although my basic prices seem to be much lower when I login compared to the prices before I've logged in. Weird, but I'll take it (don't hate me).

Perhaps logging with an address outside the EU deducts the European VAT from the item prices?

5 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Perhaps logging with an address outside the EU deducts the European VAT from the item prices?

Or with an address in the EU, but a business one. This is how I buy my CD's from Music Box Records. My prices are 20 percent lower. Even DHL shipping is cheaper.

Of course, the business must be related to music or culture in some way, because the tax office must see that you need such a purchase. :)

I kinda asked Matessino on the FSM thread about the usual podcast feature on The Legacy of John Williams series but looks like this is being postponed:

Amer: Iam looking forward to another podcast session with Matessino on Maurizio & Tim Burdens Legacy series (Not aannounced as yet but I guess soon) This one would be a delight to whet ones appetite before the album arrives.

Matessino: Sorry to disappoint, but I'm not doing one. Audio wise this was 100% a pre-Covid project, so it feels like a lifetime ago. We'll spend a few minutes on it for a future podcast next year.

I ordered this release last Friday (along with the new Godfather release) from the Music Box Records so it will probably be quite a wait before I get my copy. But I am so excited that we got an expanded release of Amistad, which has for a long time been on my personal grail list. :) 

8 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Ah yeah that sounds likely. We usually get U.K. VAT deducted too but I was surprised to see it removed by Music Box. There are some minor benefits to living in Guernsey!

6 minutes ago, Score said:

I had always thought that was your surname :lol: I learned something new today!

Hah... no... it's the small island in the English Channel where I live. I've never really been one for snappy usernames, prefer to stick to something somewhat factual.

30 minutes ago, Tom Guernsey said:

Hah... no... it's the small island in the English Channel where I live. I've never really been one for snappy usernames, prefer to stick to something somewhat factual.

I had a customer once who had the same last name but he was an Aussie!

1 hour ago, Tom Guernsey said:

I thought your family owned the island. 😆

Karol

259182. Amistad is on the way (along with a couple Horners I’ve been meaning to snag before they disappear)

I wanted to resist. I tried, I really did…

It was all these order numbers and hyping up from Jay! I had fomo. I’d be more ashamed of myself but I am just too excited for Amistad!

Wanted to write this here too:

This concerns the European jwfanners who order from music-box records.

This site, has the Amistad cd cheaper, and also the shipping cost is much cheaper than music-box.

https://www.intermezzomedia.com/amistad-25th-anniversary-expanded-edition-lllcd1612-2999999091886.html

The only thing is that the site is in Italian with some English.

Hope I find my way through.

9 hours ago, Score said:

I had always thought that was your surname :lol: I learned something new today!

You’re not alone, I thought it was the same thing. And I was confused why his location said his last nameROTFLMAO

On 30/11/2022 at 6:58 AM, Amer said:

I kinda asked Matessino on the FSM thread about the usual podcast feature on The Legacy of John Williams series but looks like this is being postponed:

Amer: Iam looking forward to another podcast session with Matessino on Maurizio & Tim Burdens Legacy series (Not aannounced as yet but I guess soon) This one would be a delight to whet ones appetite before the album arrives.

Matessino: Sorry to disappoint, but I'm not doing one. Audio wise this was 100% a pre-Covid project, so it feels like a lifetime ago. We'll spend a few minutes on it for a future podcast next year.

Pre-covid? That's insane! I wonder if Jay would tell us how long he's had this. I hope this means MM has tackled dozens of stuff that will still take years to be approved.

Rewatched the film yesterday (still as impactful 25 years later) and now listening to the score which arrived today. As much as I think the late James Horner’s score to Titanic was good, Maestro John Williams should have won the nomination he received at the Academy Awards. Hearing the entire score from beginning to end shows that the Maestro accomplished the same thing Ludwig Goransson would later do for Black Panther, combining authentic African texture with traditional orchestra, only the Maestro does it so much better (Goransson of course did a phenomenal job with Black Panther). I’m not going to go into specific analyzation of the cues, as I want everyone who hears the entire score to experience it properly as well as read the liner notes. Very powerful.

9 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Hallelujah!  My single biggest request for expanded editions, explanations of what alternates/bonuses are.  Thank you!

To be fair, quite a few expansions have had an abbreviated "tech talk" section that have mentioned what the alternates are (unless the notes are by Julie Kirgo, then you are screwed), but admittedly not in much detail.