AMISTAD (1997) - NEW! 2-CD 25th Anniversary Expanded Edition produced by Mike Matessino (2022)

Jay

I have been listening to this set almost daily since I got my copy. Such a great score and release.

While reading the booklet I noticed that both the women's and children's choirs are listed in the performers list but the male singers are not listed. I wonder if this is an oversight or is there a specific reason why they are not similarly listed?

1 hour ago, Jay said:

6 of the OST's 14 tracks are here in identical form under the same names. The other 8 OST tracks were either edited down or contained music from two different parts of the movie crossfaded together. The contents of all those tracks are all here, but now in their unedited form in chronological placement. 

So the answer is yes. That is what I meant. 

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I'm sure there's a lung cancer museum somewhere. 

I remember they had showcased Body Museum exhibit in NYC at the harbor side. I went there in 2010. They showcased Lung cancer related body parts. 

I have no problem with people being aware of the dangers of smoking… or, on the topic of things that can kill you, also drinking or eating unhealthy. I try to do each in moderation and would even dare to say that I am in better shape than most. 

But connecting cigars and lung cancer by default is just… wrong. But I do understand the logic which is “cigars = cigarettes = lung cancer”. But cigarettes are full of shit and addictive in a way that cigars aren’t.

You’re unlikely to get lung cancer from smoking a cigar every now and then. It’s like saying you’ll become an alcoholic by drinking a glass of wine on Fridays.

Of course lung cancer and alcoholism are serious diseases we should be aware of, but thank God we still live in a society where a man can enjoy a drink and a cigar. Or a cheeseburger every once in a while for that matter.

JWfaners can look forward to many more pics of me enjoying future John Williams releases with a cigar in the future! :)

• 1 month later...

I had my copy delivered on Friday (overseas shipping costs are annoyingly high now but I was able to save a little with the La-La Land Records sale).  Anyway, while trying to rip the CDs using Exact Audio Copy, I got an error on the last track of the second CD.  Has anyone else had any issues with this?  (The CD looks perfect, no scratches etc.)

Track 21
     Suspicious position 0:03:13
     Suspicious position 0:03:20

Peak level 94.3 %
     Track quality 98.1 %
     Cannot be verified as accurate (confidence 12)  [BCD4A1E4], AccurateRip returned [D4E18A50]  (AR v2)
     Copy finished

No tracks could be verified as accurate 
There were errors 
End of status report

39 minutes ago, Oceadge said:

I had my copy delivered on Friday (overseas shipping costs are annoyingly high now but I was able to save a little with the La-La Land Records sale).  Anyway, while trying to rip the CDs using Exact Audio Copy, I got an error on the last track of the second CD.  Has anyone else had any issues with this?  (The CD looks perfect, no scratches etc.)

Track 21
     Suspicious position 0:03:13
     Suspicious position 0:03:20

Peak level 94.3 %
     Track quality 98.1 %
     Cannot be verified as accurate (confidence 12)  [BCD4A1E4], AccurateRip returned [D4E18A50]  (AR v2)
     Copy finished

No tracks could be verified as accurate 
There were errors 
End of status report

Probably a defective disc, I get these occasionally.

Try EAC again and if the same error occurs, send LLL an email with the error report and they'll mail out a replacement disc.

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/03/2023 at 6:21 PM, crumbs said:

Probably a defective disc, I get these occasionally.

Try EAC again and if the same error occurs, send LLL an email with the error report and they'll mail out a replacement disc.

Thanks for that.

Just thought I'd post an update to say that LLL wanted me to return the disc at my own expense before sending a replacement.  However, they have now agreed to send a replacement disc with my next order.  (I just hope this is still in stock whenever I get to place another order).

On 30/03/2023 at 7:11 AM, GlastoEls said:

Am I going mad or has the link been removed?  I just went to buy it, but the link is broken?

Glad I'm not the only one. Broken? It's disappeared. It's like the Amistad CD doesnt exist.

Same thing happened to Spider-Man set but at least that's back now showing Temporarily Out Of Stock. But Amistad continues (as at time of posting this) to not exist.

Major grrrrr-factor feelings from me. 

• 4 weeks later...