Milan JWFan Meetup?

Jay

Sounds good!

At this stage I'm planning to be in Milan from the 10th-14th. Unsure about my movements before or after, and have nothing planned except the concert.

We will be in beautiful Milano from December 8 to 15 (yes, you read that right) and would love to meet you all (again) in a wonderful ristorante or some such thing of maybe Maurizio's (*wink*) choice; no tourist traps, mille grazie. ;)

Slightly off topic but I have to say I'm having a blast exploring Rome at the moment! 

It got me thinking about whether JW might fly direct to Milan or explore other parts of Italy when he's here. Also wonder how long before the concert he might arrive? 

4 hours ago, crumbs said:

Slightly off topic but I have to say I'm having a blast exploring Rome at the moment! 

It got me thinking about whether JW might fly direct to Milan or explore other parts of Italy when he's here. Also wonder how long before the concert he might arrive? 

John Williams VS Ottorino Respighi : de Harry Potter aux Pins de Rome (radiofrance.fr)

Daniel Radcliffe dans Harry Potter à l'école des sorciers (2001) et Ottorino Respighi en 1935. - Allociné/ Warner/ Fototeca Gilardi/Getty Images

18 hours ago, Jay said:

@TownerFan has astutely pointed out that most if not all of the restaurants in the area of the concert won't even start dinner service until 7 or 730, and with the concert starting at 8, it doesn't really make sense to try to all have a dinner together.

Instead, he will share a bar here which we can all go to after the concert, and hopefully someone will remember to get a group picture! 

Are you sure about that? I've checked on TripAdvisor, and there seemed to be plenty of restaurants that were open for dinner from 6 pm. There are also some that are open until midnight, so a post-concert dinner could also be an option.

Of course, as a non-Milanese, I cannot vouch for the quality of those restaurants, though.

Hi!

First time poster, long-time lurker!

I’ll be flying in for the concert from Japan.

Would love to join for dinner/drinks!

I had lined up a Nicola Piovani concert the day after in Livorno, but alas, it was cancelled! Next time…

Maurizio: Nice, thank you so much - count us in! :)

At least the two of us, me and Romy, hopefully Stefano can make it from Torino via train as well!

P.S.: Is there a chance that Emilio might turn up? I even brought my first edition copy of his Williams biography with me, to get signed by him... ;)

12 minutes ago, TownerFan said:

I met with Jay today and I suggested a place for drinks and food after the concert which is a 5 minute walk from the venue:

https://www.doppiomalto.co.uk/restaurants/milano-duomo/

It’s a very easygoing place that serves craft beers and burgers, but it’s big enough to get a large group. Let me know by tomorrow how many of you plans to join and I’ll try to reserve a table or two. It’s open until midnight. The concert should be over around 10.15pm, so I won’t reserve before 10.30pm

OK for me, thank you :-)

Hi fellas :)
Rom is a friend of mine and he is in Milan atm but having issues signing up to the site.
He wants to meet up with you, to hang out after the concert. He's a really cool person, and also is a conductor-composer himself ! If you have a Whatsapp group (for example), this is his number +972543225933.
You can also send him an email to this address - rom14.dh@gmail.com

Thanks guys and have fun at the concert tomorrow !
(Totally not jealous that I'm not there with you...totally not)

@Jay, thanks again for organizing!

As I have an early morning flight tomorrow, I might give tonight’s post-concert gathering a miss. Apologies in advance.

Can’t wait for the concert to begin… very very soon!