New Williams interview on Gramophone magazine

Miguel Andrade

1 hour ago, BB-8 said:

May it be that they are reusing the  previously published interview for this special volume?

That was my first thought, but they announced it as "a new interview".

Regardless, I'm hoping someone can share a pdf or something when it's published. I don't believe Gramophone is available to purchase over here.

31 minutes ago, Thor said:

Regardless, I'm hoping someone can share a pdf or something when it's published. I don't believe Gramophone is available to purchase over here.

I can post photos of the pages once my copy arrives (whenever that is; I haven’t heard anything from them since placing the order).

I’d scan the pages into a pdf, but that would mean creasing the pages and my OCD brain can’t countenance that.

4 hours ago, Thor said:

They ship to Norway. 

On 30/11/2022 at 6:48 PM, Miguel Andrade said:

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, BB-8 said:

The special Gramophone edition has eventually arrived.

It has a very strong JW focus.

A nice collectable worth ordering

What, that late? I've been reading it since right after Milano!

And yes, it's a wonderful celebration of (movie) music... ...and a nice companion or sort of bookend to the "Gramophone Film Music Good CD Guide" I purchased through Cinema Soundtrack Club in 1996 that even contains a full-page ad for the then upcoming London concert and helped me immensely in expanding my CD library...

There were three editions of those Good CD Guides that I have all marked with notes of what to get next. They also releases a couple of editions of the Musicals Good CD Guide. 

Unfortunately still waiting for my copy to arrive (along with their special anniversary edition on Ralph Vaughn Williams).

2 hours ago, Miguel Andrade said:

There were three editions of those Good CD Guides that I have all marked with notes of what to get next. They also releases a couple of editions of the Musicals Good CD Guide. 

Unfortunately still waiting for my copy to arrive (along with their special anniversary edition on Ralph Vaughn Williams).

You mean three editions about film music, or different genres?

1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:

You mean three editions about film music, or different genres?

Three editions for Film Music (96, 97, 98), two for musicals (97, 98). They also had a wonderful one for Classical music, of which I have one edition.

IMG_20230107_145926.jpg

15 hours ago, Martinland said:

What, that late? I've been reading it since right after Milano!

I wasn't expecting it to show up in rural Germany so ordered it online via a UK retailer, naively forgetting how long this takes nowadays (post Brexit).

I also had to pay tax and fetch it from the post office in person.

Only to learn that at Frankfurt main station a big stack of issues was available.

Still waiting on mine. This has happened before; a magazine or cd from Europe gets waylaid and arrives weeks late, usually with the envelope/packaging scuffed to hell, like someone dropped it behind the sorting machine or something.

• 3 weeks later...