Live Event: Williams and Spielberg together IN PERSON "Spielberg/Williams — 50 Years of Music and Movies" Jan. 12, 2023

Disco Stu

It took me way to long to figure out this is happening in California, in Beverly Hills

Also interesting that this headline says they did 29 films, while Spielberg's note in the Fabelman's OST album that people got today says 31 films

I don't know how to embed the video from this article, but please do so if you can.  It is a fuller one from the Fabelmans posted yesterday.  Johnny at the piano is fantastic, and Spielberg's full comments are heartwarming.  

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

I don't know how to embed the video from this article, but please do so if you can.  It is a fuller one from the Fabelmans posted yesterday.  Johnny at the piano is fantastic, and Spielberg's full comments are heartwarming.  

It seems like it's from an EPK and doesn't look like it's been posted on Youtube.  People will just have to click through to the article until it's posted somewhere else in an embeddable format.

Just now, Taikomochi said:

This indicates to me Williams is going to campaign hard as he reasonably can for Oscar no. 6

Maybe, but a 50th anniversary is an achievement worth celebrating in its own right.  The fact that Williams has not premiered a concert suite in Cleveland or Milan indicates to me that he is not thinking too hard about the Oscar. 

35 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Spielberg and Williams are appearing together in Los Angeles in January for a conversation about their collaboration!

There's a wonderful video accompanying this article that everyone should click through to watch.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/steven-spielberg-john-williams-american-cinematheque-tribute-1235283302

Fantastic video! I was moved to tears while watching it. What a beautiful and special professional relationship that's also a lifelong friendship between Steven Spielberg and John Williams. I wish they would forever make movies together...

27 minutes ago, Jay said:

It took me way to long to figure out this is happening in California, in Beverly Hills

Also interesting that this headline says they did 29 films, while Spielberg's note in the Fabelman's OST album that people got today says 31 films

Yeah he's said 31 a few times now, I guess he's counting An Unfinished Journey and A Timeless Call? I feel like previous counts he's given over the years were always accurate to the feature films so it's interesting he seems to have raised it. 

1 minute ago, mrbellamy said:

Yeah he's said 31 a few times now, I guess he's counting An Unfinished Journey and A Timeless Call?

That or Amazing Stories I guess

13 minutes ago, Thor said:

Another one? They did one a few years ago. But I welcome another.

I don't think they've done something like this since the AFI Masterclass that aired on TCM in 2011, so more than a few years now. 

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I’d be interested to know a little bit more about the scoring process for Schindler’s List. It’s certainly a very powerful film, and one could argue that perhaps it deserved a better composer than JW. Perhaps, there weren’t any better composers alive! Anyway, I’d love to hear an anecdote about that.

I know you would love ot hear such an anecdote, but they are all retread.  

4 hours ago, thx99 said:

Here's an official YouTube version from Universal...

"...all the way from Schindler's List to Jurassic Park and back again." Given that only six months separated the two, I wonder how JW intended us to interpret that turn of phrase. 😛

1 hour ago, Brando said:

So this says live...Does anyone think it will be streamed somewhere and or recorded?

I hope so, but my reading of the word "live" in this case just means Williams and Spielberg will be physically present. And actually the word "live" isn't in the article, which describes the event as a public appearance of Williams and Spielberg. 

On 17/12/2022 at 3:35 PM, karelm said:

But that's just one mile from where I live!  I'd be a fool not to attend this!

So to make thigs easier for you, I've contacted AC for more info regarding tickets, since I'll be in LA few days earlier than the event itself..

Their reply> . The tickets for the SPIELBERG/WILLIAMS event will first be released to upper-level members (Patron level & Above) tomorrow (12/21). All remaining tickets if available will go out to all members across the tiers in early January.

2 minutes ago, Andrej said:

So to make thigs easier for you, I've contacted AC for more info regarding tickets, since I'll be in LA few days earlier than the event itself..

Their reply> . The tickets for the SPIELBERG/WILLIAMS event will first be released to upper-level members (Patron level & Above) tomorrow (12/21). All remaining tickets if available will go out to all members across the tiers in early January.

Patron level is $400 per year and there are two levels above that, which means there will be no tickets left for lower tiers by the time January rolls around, is my guess.

2 minutes ago, Bayesian said:

Patron level is $400 per year and there are two levels above that, which means there will be no tickets left for lower tiers by the time January rolls around, is my guess.

my thoughts exactly 

9 hours ago, Andrej said:

Thanks - I was trying to figure out how to get tickets.  Well, someone from JWFAN needs to be there.  It's a small theater and I'm certain AC will sell out to film buffs because of Spielberg before the JW crew is even involved otherwise all that we'll get are Schindler's List 'I know. But they're all dead!' stories we've heard millions of times.  What to do. :blink::crymore:

EDIT: Tickets on sale now if any of us are at the right levels.

• 2 weeks later...

This event sold out minutes after going on sale to members.  Did any of us manage to get a ticket?  I tried about 15 minutes after receiving an email the tickets were available to members and it was sold out.

1 hour ago, karelm said:

This event sold out minutes after going on sale to members.  Did any of us manage to get a ticket?  I tried about 15 minutes after receiving an email the tickets were available to members and it was sold out.

I would suggest you go to Plan B.  Find the back door where the help escapes for smoke breaks and bring a few cartons for currency.