First Impressions: The FILMS of 2023

Jay

I think this title makes more sense than "What Is The Last Film You Watched (from 2023)", because 99% (if not 100%) of the posts are people's first watches of films of the year in question, and usually by the time you rewatch it it's an "older" film and not something you're going to find the specific yearly thread to post about

Thoughts?

Meanwhile, here's an article I just came across of some of the big films coming this year

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/features/1257902-comingsoons-25-most-anticipated-2023-movies

Some I'm looking forward to, some I legit forgot existed despite them having buzz like over a year ago (Wonka)

I’m really looking forward to:

Dune Part 2

Oppenheimer

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 1

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Killers of the Flower Moon

I'm really only looking forward to Indy V for the score.

Nothing else really grabs me but I'll give M:I a watch on Blu-ray eventually.

The MCU lost me with Phase IV (with the exception of S-M: FFH).

Movies: Highly Anticipated

Dune Part 2 - Should be bigger and better than the first in every way.

Creed III - Love the first two and I am a sucker for boxing/MMA films as I follow the sports. Jonathan Majors looks to be a breakout star.

Oppenheimer - Always a huge Nolan fan and the trailer sold me.

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 1 - The best of its genre. Always enjoy the next installment. 

Movies: Somewhat Anticipated

Cocaine Bear - The real life story is just too bizarre for me not to raise my eyebrows. 

Elemental - I like Pixar when they are not making sequels and coming up with original ideas. 

Killers of the Flower Moon - Nobody brings the best out of actors like Scorsese. 

John Wick: Chapter 4 - Enjoyed the first 3 and the trailer looks great.

A Haunting in Venice - Good mysteries are hard to come by and I enjoyed the first two films.

Napoleon - Ridley Scott is ultimate hit and miss director, and I am hoping this is a massive hit.

Blue Beetle - Never heard of this superhero so I am intrigued.

Maestro - Biopic of Leonard Bernstein. Can't be that bad right?

The Killer - Fincher and Assassin. I am probably in. 

Ferrari - Michael Mann's return to greatness?

Kraven the Hunter - I can go either way on this but I like the character and the potential for a darker superhero film

Equalizer 3 - Because I want to listen to Denzel speak for 5 straight minutes in the most compelling/badass way

Movies: I will probably watch at some point, but not anticipating anything

M3GAN

Fast X

The Marvels

Ant-Man and the Wasps: Quantumania

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

Shazam! Fury of the Gods

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom

The Flash

Movies: I will watch if word of mouth or reviews are great

Knock at the Cabin

Scream 6

Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves

The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes

The Little Mermaid

Asteroid City

Chevalier 

Next Goal Wins

The Color Purple

The Super Mario Bros. Movie

TV Shows: New

The Last of Us (HBO) - I love the games. Can't wait for this faithful adaption. 

The Three Body Problem (Netlfix) - Serious sci-fi with aliens. Yep...

All the Light We Cannot See (Netflix) - Acclaimed novel. I am sucker for a good TV drama. 

Shogun (Hulu) - Rise of Japanese shoguns...how can I not be interested?

The Last Thing he Told me (AppleTV) - Again, slow burn dramas are my thing. 

TV Shows: Returning Seasons

Black Mirror: Season 6 (Netflix) - My favorite What-If show ever 

Shadow and Bone: Season 2 (Netlfix) - One of the few fantasy shows I got into 

Succession: Season 4 (HBO) - Definitely my favorite drama on TV

Warrior: Season 3 (HBO) - Definitely my favorite action series on TV. It is Game of Thrones with the Chinese and Irish.

Tokyo Vice: Season 2 (HBO) - One of the kind thriller/mystery in a foreign land

True Detectives: Night Country (HBO) - The past 2 seasons didn't live up to the first season, but the acting in this series is just superb. 

Severance (AppleTV) - Rarely do you see a concept idea being executed so well. 

For all Mankind (AppleTV) - Space exploration has never been more dramatic

Reacher: Season 2 (Amazon Prime) - When you just want action, humor, and sex. 

Great post!

I'm definitely looking forward to The Last of Us more than any movies in 2023

I'm not interested in very much. Either I'm jaded or they just don't make them like they used to. I'll leave that for everyone else to decide.

I am, however, very interested in Ridley Scott's Napoleon. I hope it comes to theaters and not just apple tv. 

Other than that I am looking forward to Indy with great trepidation. At the very least it's a new Indy score from John Williams. At the very best maybe it will be good. But consider me skeptical. Here's hoping for one great final adventure. 

1 hour ago, Mephariel said:

Movies: Highly Anticipated

Dune Part 2 - Should be bigger and better than the first in every way.

Creed III - Love the first two and I am a sucker for boxing/MMA films as I follow the sports. Jonathan Majors looks to be a breakout star.

Oppenheimer - Always a huge Nolan fan and the trailer sold me.

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 1 - The best of its genre. Always enjoy the next installment. 

Movies: Somewhat Anticipated

Cocaine Bear - The real life story is just too bizarre for me not to raise my eyebrows. 

Elemental - I like Pixar when they are not making sequels and coming up with original ideas. 

Killers of the Flower Moon - Nobody brings the best out of actors like Scorsese. 

John Wick: Chapter 4 - Enjoyed the first 3 and the trailer looks great.

A Haunting in Venice - Good mysteries are hard to come by and I enjoyed the first two films.

Napoleon - Ridley Scott is ultimate hit and miss director, and I am hoping this is a massive hit.

Blue Beetle - Never heard of this superhero so I am intrigued.

Maestro - Biopic of Leonard Bernstein. Can't be that bad right?

The Killer - Fincher and Assassin. I am probably in. 

Ferrari - Michael Mann's return to greatness?

Kraven the Hunter - I can go either way on this but I like the character and the potential for a darker superhero film

Equalizer 3 - Because I want to listen to Denzel speak for 5 straight minutes in the most compelling/badass way

Movies: I will probably watch at some point, but not anticipating anything

M3GAN

Fast X

The Marvels

Ant-Man and the Wasps: Quantumania

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

Shazam! Fury of the Gods

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom

The Flash

Movies: I will watch if word of mouth or reviews are great

Knock at the Cabin

Scream 6

Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves

The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes

The Little Mermaid

Asteroid City

Chevalier 

Next Goal Wins

The Color Purple

The Super Mario Bros. Movie

TV Shows: New

The Last of Us (HBO) - I love the games. Can't wait for this faithful adaption. 

The Three Body Problem (Netlfix) - Serious sci-fi with aliens. Yep...

All the Light We Cannot See (Netflix) - Acclaimed novel. I am sucker for a good TV drama. 

Shogun (Hulu) - Rise of Japanese shoguns...how can I not be interested?

The Last Thing he Told me (AppleTV) - Again, slow burn dramas are my thing. 

TV Shows: Returning Seasons

Black Mirror: Season 6 (Netflix) - My favorite What-If show ever 

Shadow and Bone: Season 2 (Netlfix) - One of the few fantasy shows I got into 

Succession: Season 4 (HBO) - Definitely my favorite drama on TV

Warrior: Season 3 (HBO) - Definitely my favorite action series on TV. It is Game of Thrones with the Chinese and Irish.

Tokyo Vice: Season 2 (HBO) - One of the kind thriller/mystery in a foreign land

True Detectives: Night Country (HBO) - The past 2 seasons didn't live up to the first season, but the acting in this series is just superb. 

Severance (AppleTV) - Rarely do you see a concept idea being executed so well. 

For all Mankind (AppleTV) - Space exploration has never been more dramatic

Reacher: Season 2 (Amazon Prime) - When you just want action, humor, and sex. 

I’ve never played the games but Last of Us looks great based on the trailer.

Severance, Three Body Problem and Fallout (Nolan & Joy) would probably be my most anticipated series of 2023.

Reacher Season 2 should be good as well as the book they’re adapting is great.

1 hour ago, Mephariel said:

All the Light We Cannot See (Netflix) - Acclaimed novel. I am sucker for a good TV drama

Not only that, but JNH's score should be great! That is, unless it's just a lazy retread of Defiance or The Village, like Willow was just Maleficent/Fantastic Beats diet.

It appears to be a lot more appealing movies coming out in 2023 than there were in 2022. These are must sees for me:

Dune Part Two

Killers of the Flower Moon

Maestro

Mission Impossible

Indiana Jones

Possibly Oppenheimer and the Spiderverse sequel

There's a bunch of films that I would like to see:

OPPENHEIMER

I.J.5

EMPIRE OF LIGHT

NAPOLEON

M:I

KILLERS OF THE FLOWER MOON

DUNE 

TÁR 

BABYLON 

LIVING

Whether I'll have the chance, remains to be seen.

Whatever happens, I'm sure that my life will not be diminished in any way, if I fail to see any of them.

I'm more concerned with watching old movies, or recent movies that have just premiered, than focussing on upcoming movies. So I haven't really made a tally of 2023 yet. Surely OPPENHEIMER, INDY 5, NAPOLEON and DUNE 2 are some tentpole movies to look forward to. Whatever murmurs down in arthouse-land is something I discover along the way, usually as my colleagues return from festivals with positive or negative feedback.

But I'm off to a film festival myself in about a week or so, all the way up in Tromsø in the arctic North. Hopefully some gems to be found there. THE FABELMANS is the opening film, hopefully I'll catch that as the regular Norwegian premiere isn't until February or March, I think.

I'm personnaly looking forward many movies especially

1. The Fabelmans: just because it's Spielberg and Williams teaming up again
  2. Dial of Destiny: obviously because of Williams' score even though it good be quite surprising, since Mangold's two last movies were quite great
  3. Dead Reckoning part. 1: simply one of the greatest franchise of all time so I'm always up for some more
  4. Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 3: the two first were so much fun, plus there's a Groot in it!
  5. Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse: the first one is my favourite animated movie so I can't wait for the sequel
  6. Creed III: the first two were great
  7. Barbie: I never thought I would wait for such a movie but Robbie and Gosling so much worse the wait
  8. Babylon: for Margot Robbie, Brad Pitt & Damien Chazelle
  9. The Killer: for David Fincher
  10. Oppenheimer: Nolan is always a good reason to go to theaters (even though I'm a bit worried since Tenet)
  11. Next Goal Wins: for Taika Waititi
  12. Killers of the Flower Moon: for DiCaprio, DeNiro and Scorsese
  13. Asteroid City: for Margot Robbie and Tom Hanks
  14. Ghostbusters: Afterlife sequel: the first one was fun
  15. Dune part. 2: I liked the first one but was so pissed not to have a complete story, even if this one isn't complete it would be nice
  16. Ant-Man and the Wasps: Quantumania: I like the first two, don't know if a third one will work though
  17. True Love: big fan of Gareth Edwards and J.D. Washington so I'm looking forward to it
  18. 65: for Driver and the fun
  19. The Son: for Hugh Jackman

Other movies I'll watch at some point

1. John Wick 4: Parabellum was really nice so why not
  2. Equalizer 3: Denzel my man
  3. Napoleon: because of Scott and Phoenix even though I'm not interrested by the character
  4. The Marvels: Ms. Marvel was fun, I like Brie Larson, curious about what will happen
  5. The Super Mario Bros. Movie: it could be fun
  6. Elemental: I hope it'll better than the previous Pixar
  7. Aquaman 2: the first one was okay
  8. Transformers: Rise of the Beasts: because it must be dumm and fun
  9. Meg 2: apparently there will be a sequel, so why not
  10. Gran Turismo: for Blomkamp return

TV Shows I'll watch

1. Only Murders in the Building S3: one of the best show I've seen in my life so can't wait for this new season
  2. Secret Invasion: for Samuel L. mother....g Jackson
  3. Loki S2: season 1 was great
  4. The Last of Us: it looks quite promising
  5. True Detectives: Night Country: Jodie Foster in a new thriller is always a good catch

23 hours ago, TolkienSS said:

The Equalizer isn't a "low rent John Wick", John Wick is a low rent Equalizer.

The films are incomparable. 

That makes no sense. 

I'm mostly looking forward to:

• Dune: Part II
  • Killers of the Flower Moon
  • Oppenheimer

None of these directors has given me any reason to worry about the final product, they have all produced one great movie after another, two of them being the saviors of the contemporary blockbuster, the other one being my favourite director of all time.

Movies I'm eager to see, but not without worries:

• The Dial of Destiny
  • The Fabelmans
  • Napoleon

Mangold has done great movies in the past and Logan was awesome, so I'm very optimistic with that one. Spielberg has done some very so-so films in the past, none of them really bad, but none of them particularly exciting either. Hopefully, the movie justifies all the praise I've heard on this forum so far. Scott has produced two films in 2021 and, as if he has tried to have these two epitomize his whole career, it was hit and miss, so it will be a complete surprise what end up getting.

Looking forward to:

Killers Of The Flower Moon (Scorsese)

Oppenheimer (Nolan)

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part One (McQuarrie)

Barbie (Gerwig)

Dune: Part 2 (Villeneuve)

Asteroid City (Anderson)

The Wonderful World Of Henry Sugar (Anderson)

Poor Things (Lanthimos)

Beau Is Afraid (Aster)

Civil War (Garland)

The Killer (Fincher)

May December (Haynes)

The Holdovers (Payne)

Knock At The Cabin (Shyamalan)

Blitz (McQueen)

Napoleon (Scott)

Strange Way Of Life (Almodóvar)

How Do You Live? (Miyazaki)

Just Indy 5 for me.

But I'll be honest, I'm hesitant to see it in theaters.  I'm unfortunately the type of person that gets really irked when people in theaters are annoying. It completely ruins the experience for me. I've had a bad string of luck with theater viewings and honestly haven't been in like 4 years. Mostly due to covid.  Was really hoping it would be on a streaming service, so I guess it's either wait a few months or go really early in the morning.

His age and deaging scenes really could bring out some trash comments/unintentional laughs.

I'll stop my grinch post now. But yeah...

19 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

How Do You Live? (Miyazaki)

Holy shit, I thought you were just being optimistic, but this actually has a release date now - I can't believe it!

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/studio-ghibli-hayao-miyazaki-how-do-you-live-new-film-1235459163/

Well that's my #1 most anticipated flick then

• 4 weeks later...

Shotgun Wedding

A lot of people won't even watch this, but me and my family always enjoy action/comedies of this type. It's fun, I laughed out loud and I can just turn my brain off.

Lopez & Duhamel have great chemistry and really made this work. The rest of the cast is also wonderful, especially Jennifer Coolidge. Lenny Kravitz is maybe a bit less, but I don't really care.

Pinar Toprak's score is also a lot of fun. A primary theme, fully orchestral with added ethnic drums & woodwinds for the exotic location. It's in the same sonic world as last years The Lost City.

Yes, the visual effects are a bit wonky, the script is nothing we haven't seen before, and it's just dumb fun but that's exactly the reason I liked it so much!

i.guim.co.uk/img/media/ddf009f1e4cc60cf5f66f98a62b...

Shotgun Wedding

Oof, that was not good.  The best thing I can say is that Jennifer Lopez did not phone it in and gave it her all, and I admire that they went for the R-rating when they could have easily gone for the PG13.  But man, there isn't much else positive I can say about it.

I've liked Josh Duhamel in other things but he felt out of place here somehow, I don't know how to put it in words.  Despite Jennifer Lopez not phoning it in, her acting nowadays is nothing like when she was actually interesting (Out of SIght).  Jennifer Coolidge and Chech Marin are completely wasted, and Lenny Kravitz is totally miscast as the bad guy.  None of the action / chase scenes are particularly exciting, and it just wasn't funny enough at all.  

It's on Amazon Prime

You People Cast and Character Guide

You People

Woof, another dud.  A great idea for a film on paper - 30-something white Jonah Hill starts dating 20-something black Lauren London; Her Muslim parents are Eddie Murphy and Nia Long; His parents are Jewish Julia Louis-Dreyfus and David Duchovny; Nobody gets along.  But man is this premise and cast wasted with a half-baked script.

It's also poorly directed, with many scenes seemingly being edited in a bubble and then later strung together with montages of stock footage of LA set to loud hip-hop beats.  Some scenes work better than others, many are quite random and don't contribute much to the overall story.  In the end, it's a totally predictable and standard rom-com formula with a sheen of racial inequality thrown on top, but no grand statement is made clear and it's all just fuzzy, awkward, and not that funny.  Oh well

It's on Netflix

I was ready to dislike shotgun wedding but I found it funny as hell. Although I do think we've seen enough Jennifer Coolidge of late. Today we went and saw knock at the cabin and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's the best airplanes falling out of the sky movie I've ever seen.

• 2 weeks later...

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania. It's bit clunky and unfocused in places but still I rather enjoyed myself. It's silly and goofy nonsense and I am here for it. 

Karol

Just saw Ant-Man And The Wasp: Quantumania. U

nfortunately it's not as good as it could've been. There are some really cool moments but overall there's too much going on and at the same time, not enough.
Michelle Pfeiffer & Jonathan Majors are the standouts among the cast.
I just felt there was a bit of too much weird stuff which pulled the whole thing down a bit.

I'm a massive Marvel fan, but this for me was just ok. Some jokes were fun and the visuals are great. But it could've been a lot better.

I'm glad Marvel is pushing stuff back to focus more on quality instead of quantity.

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania

It's really different from the first two, with a more on a Avenger-level threat which was an interesting idea so there's lot of thing going on for the heroes while they can't really do a thing as they are out of their league. It gives an overall weird unfinnished movie not bad but not really good either.

Beck's music was quite disappointing after his two first great scores. This one felt a bit unfinnished, I mean you get the idea wanted but you don't hear it.

Otherwise the cast is nice, I really liked Majors' performance, Pfeiffer was good as always and Paul Rudd was pretty fine. Sadly the rest of the cast doesn't have much to do even though they do their part correctly

Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania': First Trailer Debuts | Marvel

You know what, my expectations were SO LOW after all the negative reviews that I ended up liking this movie! Sure, it's not perfect (far from it), but I thought it was a decent adventure movie combining the wholesomeness of the previous Ant-Man flicks with some weird craziness and creative character designs.

One of the most underrated features of post-Endgame MCU movies is the Rick and Morty-zation of the Marvel universe. I like how weird and bizarre some of these movies got - no wonder Quantumania, Doctor Strange 2 and Loki were written by former Rick and Morty alumni!

To be honest, I liked Quantumania more than Multiverse of Madness and about the same as Loki, but I do appreciate them for bringing some Rick Sanchez craziness to a franchise that just a few years ago used to be much more grounded. Remember when Captain America's enemies were Nazis with laser guns? Yeah...

I didn't care for Beck's score on the album, but it works great with the movie. I liked how most of the scenes of Kang being "evil" were scored not with Epic Choir™ but with some dark, tortured synths that added to the danger of the situation.

Overall, it was a fun ride at the movie theater.

3/5

Knock At The Cabin

Well, this movie was bleak. It won't be for everyone, and I wouldn't want to revisit it again, but I thought it was very well made. It's definitely one of Shyamalan's better films.

It's funny, for a director so know for twists and shock value, this film has surprisingly little of both. It's quite a straightforward story with some more high-brow aspects at the end of the film (which I didn't think completely worked with the rest of the film).

The 7 actors who are the main cast all do very fine work and I loved that they were lot's of long takes. This way it was almost sort of a play sometimes and this made it possible for the actors to really 'act'.

I'd do a soft recommend for anyone who likes thrillers or Shyamalan. It's one of his better films of the last 15 years or so, and I think it's worth checking out.

Just watch something fun after it, you'll need it.

What to watch: 'Somebody I Used to Know' a worthy Valentine's escape

Somebody I Used to Know

A nice rom-com directed by Dave Franco, written by Franco and Allison Brie, and starring Brie as a reality show showrunner who returns to her hometown in Washington State after her show is canceled.  She reunites with an ex-boyfriend from before she left for LA (Jay Ellis), who doesn't tell her that he's engaged to a women he met six months ago (Kiersey Clemons).  A series of events leads to Brie both attending the wedding and trying to win back Ellis, though ends up bonding with Clemons as the weekend goes on.

It was pretty good!  You definitely know what you're getting here, there's no real surprises or anything, but the cast is great (Danny Pudi , Haley Joel Osment, Julie Hagerty, Amy Sedaris, Sam Richardson, and Zoë Chao are also in this) and it's nice Friday night comfort food.

It's on Amazon Prime.

We Have A Ghost

I've been a fan of all of Christopher Langdon's previous films (Happy Death Day, Happy Death Day 2U & Freaky) and this one is no different. There's just something about them that always hits the right spot with me. Either the horror/comedy of his previous 3 or the more family friendly film he's made here.

It's a really fun and sweet film. There is a sequence at the end of the film which didn't really connect with the rest, but other than that it's a wonderful film.

There are some cool sequences (the opening scene, the car chase scene) and strong cinematography (long takes, cool viewpoints). It's a really well made film.

The whole cast is great but the standouts are David Harbour & Jahi Di'Allo Winston. I've never heard of Winston before be he show a lot of range here and he's a very likeable and charismatic actor. I wouldn't be surprised if a larger franchise picks him up. And cudos to Harbour. He says one word in the whole film but he's womdercul to watch. So much emotion from just his eyes. He's a great actor. I love him in Stranger Things and I'll be sad to that end, but I hope that when it's done Harbour gets more work, because he really deserves it.

McCreary's score is, just like for Langdon's previous films, excellent. There are a few themes (one of which is very similar to the Family theme from Godzilla) and some cool action scenes (especially "Express Lane").

Overall, it kind of feels like this is a film made for me. So I'm not complaining.

Cocaine Bear - gory comedy-horror loosely based on this real-life story - 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/cocaine-bear-true-story-b2287813.html

When an animal that's already an apex predator ingests several pounds of 'the Devil's dandruff' ... well, let's just say things don't end well for most of the people who encounter it. Darkly amusing stuff, directed by Elizabeth Banks and starring Keri Russell, Alden Ehrenreich and (in one of his last roles) Ray Liotta.   

We Have a Ghost Review - IGN

We Have A Ghost

Wow that was awful, what a total misfire.  The cast (David Harbour, Anthony Mackie, Erica Ash, Tig Notaro, and Jennifer Coolidge) are fine, as is the premise (a family buys a house inhabited by a ghost who cannot speak but can interact with the real world, and becomes a viral sensation as he tries to reveal his murder).  But man, the execution is all over the place.  There's like 4 stories at once (Harbour's murder, the family bonding, a secret CIA group that knows about ghosts, and one of the kids love interest at school) that don't gel or jive with each other at all, it's like you feel the gears grinding as the film switches from one plot thread to another.

It's also paced poorly, and about 45 minutes too long.  There's 80 minutes worth of material here tops and it goes on for an interminable 127 minutes.

The only parts that worked great were Jennifer Coolidge's, but she's only in 2 scenes.

It's on Netflix, and I certainly have no regrets now about canceling our subscription

knock-at-the-cabin.jpg

Knock at the Cabin

Listen. This is an impeccably staged film. Shyamalan continues to show off his masterful flair over choreography, rhythm and style. When it comes to bringing things to life on screen, he really is at the top of his game.

But as you might expect, the story is just not up to snuff. The on-the-nose pseudo-Christian hate crime parable aside (I don't go to Shymalan for subtlety), the film plays out exactly as you expect it to...which makes it all painfully empty and kind of boring. At least with Old, its ridiculous pulpy absurdity saves the ride. But this film just feels pretty conservative in its narrative and messaging. I hear the novel is more bleak and daring, which is a shame, because if Shyamalan just had the guts to stretch a bit beyond his more safe "family friendly" entertainment, he might have had something really strong here.

Still, I'm a big fan of this recent Shyamalan renaissance. For the most part, he's been putting out consistently solid, excellently shot rides and I look forward to the next one.

37 minutes ago, KK said:

Still, I'm a big fan of this recent Shyamalan renaissance. For the most part, he's been putting out consistently solid, excellently shot rides and I look forward to the next one.

Of the Shyamalan renaissance, I only liked The Visit, but I'm willing to bet that's the one movie you guys try to erase from your memory, right?! 

33 minutes ago, AC1 said:

Yeah, Unbreakable remains his best.

You like Unbreakable more than The Sixth Sense?

36 minutes ago, Jay said:

I'm probably the only one here who thinks that Sixth Sense and Unbreakable are his only 2 good films

I don't like Unbreakable but I love The Village (along with The Sixth Sense of course)

2 minutes ago, filmmusic said:

You like Unbreakable more than Sixth Sense?

I don't like Unbreakable but I love The Village (along with The Sixth Sense of course)

I'm not a fan of The Sixth Sense or The Village (I thought it was completely unbelievable). I like the ones you don't like. 

Cocaine Bear

Loved it!!! The film is exactly as the title suggests it. It's crazy, gorie & incredibly funny.

The whole cast is great and I love that every character gets something to do. Wow, Margot Martindale is quite the scene stealer, it's so fun that she plays this role. Keri Russel & Jesse Tyler Ferguson are also both great.

Ray Liotta's role isn't very big but he shines in every scene. Such an incredible actor.

And big shoutout to Elizabeth Banks, because this film is very well directed on multiple levels. That ambulance scene works on so many levels, I loved it!!!

Oh, and the bear looks very real!

I had a very fun time watching this in the cinema with lot's of people. It really made the film even more fun with so many people.

Recommended

14 hours ago, Jay said:

Doesn't everybody?

Of course not! Most people love Shyamalan for the  "I see dead people" line.  There are no such lines in Unbreakable.

I suppose the Mel Gibson one is his second most popular movie.