Michael Giacchino's THEM! (202?)

Max

12 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Why Giacchino doesn't hire one of his sons to score the stuff he directs? He could give them a helping hand or something, but it's like the perfect opportunity for his kids.

After all the "nepo baby" talk of recent weeks? :lol:

6 hours ago, Jaaaackified said:

I hope MG could keep this enthusiasm towards monster movie as I kinda want him to take on a Hollywood remake of either Gamera or Ultraman

Rodan!

2 hours ago, Edmilson said:

Why Giacchino doesn't hire one of his sons to score the stuff he directs? He could give them a helping hand or something, but it's like the perfect opportunity for his kids.

Mick did recently score the Zootopia series (Griffith is still relatively young IIRC)

and there is Curtis Green (MG's assistant) gradually building up his resume

giving his sons the chance of being involved in some of the biggest blockbusters in the past years definitely counts as "give them a helping hand" for me

Him saying that it's about immigration is reminding me of how the original Invasion Of The Body Snatchers was an allegory about 'Reds under the bed' paranoia/the resultant McCarthy 'witch hunts'.  

That said, I hope it's not so 'issue-y' that it loses sight of being a 'SHIT! GIANT FUCKING ANTS!' movie at heart. 

12 minutes ago, Sweeping Strings said:

Him saying that it's about immigration is reminding me of how the original Invasion Of The Body Snatchers was an allegory about 'Reds under the bed' paranoia/the resultant McCarthy 'witch hunts'.  

McCarthy's witch hunt tactics were excessive, despicable and ineffective but... we now know Soviet agents and sympathizers really had been infiltrating the government and that the Communist Party USA was funded and controlled by the USSR.  It's up for debate whether this was worthy of being considered a national emergency of course.  But I am of course veering up against forum rules here :lol: