Williams scores (OSTs, expansions etc.) you still have sealed in your collection

filmmusic

I don't know, I thought this would be a fun thread. :)

Mention your still sealed Williams scores, and the reason why you haven't opened them yet.

I still have Fiddler on the Roof sealed.

I don't know, I purchased this score for completion's sake, but I have never warmed up to either the movie or the score/songs.

FiddlerOnTheRoof_Cover__66276.1638241950

edit: Oh, I still have sealed the Jurassic Park latest LLL release too. Since I have the box, I didn't think of rushing to open it an listen to it. So there, that's 2 releases!

I don't generally make a number out of having things still sealed, but glancing at my collection, it appears that both THE LAST JEDI and THE RISE OF SKYWALKER are still sealed. Probably has something to do with the fact that I haven't gotten my stereo system up to par over the last few years.

2 hours ago, filmmusic said:

I don't know, I thought this would be a fun thread. :)

Mention your still sealed Williams scores, and the reason why you haven't opened them yet.

I still have Fiddler on the Roof sealed.

I don't know, I purchased this score for completion's sake, but I have never warmed up to either the movie or the score/songs.

FiddlerOnTheRoof_Cover__66276.1638241950

edit: Oh, I still have sealed the Jurassic Park latest LLL release too. Since I have the box, I didn't think of rushing to open it an listen to it. So there, that's 2 releases!

Baller Wow GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

Just kidding, I'm more of a DVD hoarder so I get this habit. I have a few that I've bought or been gifted or gotten in "buy 1, get 1 free" type deals that are still sealed and I delude myself into thinking I'll watch them one day.

No soundtracks, though. Not enough of a collector there and def whenever I shell out for JW, it's pretty much always priority listening. 

Lately I've been keeping them sealed except when it's an important box set like Harry Potter or Jurassic Park where I check all the disks for scratches.

I get digital files from elsewhere to listen to them. I don't like ripping disks myself because of the risk of scratching them in the cd.  drive.

Not ripping your own CDs is a new one. Even if I've gotten the files elsewhere in the meantime, I still do my own rip so I know it's legit.

And no, I open everything as soon as I get it.

3 hours ago, King Mark said:

Lately I've been keeping them sealed except when it's an important box set like Harry Potter or Jurassic Park where I check all the disks for scratches.

I get digital files from elsewhere to listen to them. I don't like ripping disks myself because of the risk of scratching them in the cd.  drive.

Don’t you enjoy the liner notes?

These are my still-sealed Williams CDs:

JLJWcropped.jpg

I've opened and listened to all the rest, and there are very few that exist that I was unable to buy before they became too pricey on the secondary market (I suppose I should make a list some time)

I've got one (I think may be two) sealed copy of the very first Japanese edition CD of "Spacecamp".

It was a huge collector item at the time - it was the first CD, a very limited edition, only issued in Japan - so when I was there I bought several ones, offered one to a colletor friend and kept the other sealed for trading purposes. But I never bothered to trade it in the end, so I still have it somewhere.

I used to have tons of sealed CDs ( including a good number of Williams titles) but a nasty incident involving a missing disc two of a certain Intrada title caused me to clean up my ways.

I've also broken into a few cold sweats recently on hearing stories about fairly new discs suddenly becoming unplayable (such as some Intrada Disney titles and a few of the last FSM releases) so I'm trying to avoid not getting to ripping my new discs but it's a challenge as ever.

However at present I probably have a backlog of around 50 titles by different composers still sealed that are nagging at me. Within these there might be around seven or eight of the most recent Williams expansions. Think The River, SpaceCamp and Fiddler.

11 minutes ago, JTWfan77 said:

I used to have tons of sealed CDs ( including a good number of Williams titles) but a nasty incident involving a missing disc two of a certain Intrada title caused me to clean up my ways.

When you said that, I rushed and opened 4 sealed non-Williams releases I had! :o

Still, I didn't open my 2 Williams releases.

I haven't visited my CD collection for some time, so I don't know which ones are still sealed :P

However, I have a copy of The Phantom Menace on vinyl that's still sealed. It's also signed by Warwick Davis, since it was at his stand at a Comic Con I got it. I'd love to be able to get John Williams to sign it but that'll never happen 😂

4 hours ago, Thor said:

You can always sell a piece of Warwick Davies-signed plastic later on. :D

Wrap it around a pair of stilts and make a fortune. 

• 3 months later...

Here is my list of unopened sealed John Williams titles. 

Around 160 plus in total that are still sealed

I just wait for the right time and mood to play. Unfortunately My amp system were malfunctioning for quite sometime  so I was buying more and playing less. The recent 4K Oppo  player acquisition is going to get things back in order but choosing the right album is hard! 

Screenshot_20230423_091834_Word.jpg

9 hours ago, Amer said:

Here is my list of unopened sealed John Williams titles. 

Around 160 plus in total that are still sealed

Are you buying all of these because you're a JW completist?

I'm a pretty disoyal collector actually, as I just buy something if I like it without caring too much about who wrote it.

13 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

Are you buying all of these because you're a JW completist?

I'm a pretty disoyal collector actually, as I just buy something if I like it without caring too much about who wrote it.

Absolutely. I'm a lifelong Williams fan and collector. 

16 minutes ago, GerateWohl said:

And one day you will find yourself in the mood, unseal the disks, put them on, listen to them and find out, you don't like John Willams' music at all.

Or he realizes he's bought all the albums of John Williams the guitarist.

• 2 months later...
On 06/01/2023 at 11:51 PM, King Mark said:

Then it's likely you've got at least one sealed album with scratches or playback issues. 

On 06/01/2023 at 11:51 PM, King Mark said:

You need a better CD drive.