Rejected scores from Young Indiana Jones surface on YouTube

crumbs

I hope Intrada will:

1. release a series/boxed set of the complete YIJC scores.

2. not screw up the mastering.

I personally think 1 is more likely.

There's no difference in pressing Play on a rejected film score album, as there is pressing Play on a film score album of some film you haven't seen

Either way you're just enjoying the music without proper context.  Which is what all of us do here all the time

3 hours ago, Bespin said:

But "Rejected" that sounds so negative!

They're often rejected due to idiotic decisions by directors, producers and studios (*cough* Legend *cough* - albeit only in the US), not because they are musically deficient.

Great stuff, thanks for sharing!

These days, it's pretty normal for television shows to receive long albums, or multiple albums (more often than not excessive, given the nature of the music), but back in the 90s, having four CDs of music from the same show was a very unusual thing. I have all of them, and cherish them dearly. That being said, I've always wanted more episode suites from the series, so these two Talgorn clips -- rejected or not -- are great.

Would someone be up for creating custom cover art for this that befits the other four albums? Yeah, I know, Matthew Peak is a hard act to follow, but still.

• 2 weeks later...

This is brilliant - Talgorn's been a favourite ever since I was introduced to his music through YIJ and then The Temp, and of all things Delta Force 2. He has a very idiosyncratic orchestrational style that I can't describe but you know his music when you hear it against Chuck Norris throwing someone off a plane or Christopher Lambert kicking people in the face.

It is sad that there are not more prestigious occasions to hear that sound - Heavy Metal 2000 is probably the most high profile, and what a score that is!

His Delta Force 2 score is amazing. It's got that amazing flighty flute/strings style he uses in The Temp as well. Unfortunately, half the score is synclavier recreations of orchestral music but he managed to get sufficient cash to do full orchestra for key parts

See below  - but PLEASE IGNORE the first 2 minutes - skip to 2:55: