Theme from ”Schindler’s List” (1993), arranged for piano/cello/violin trio by John Williams

80sFan

Cool.  A trio of those instruments sounds perfect for the theme.  Although I fear the phone call went like this: "Hey Emmanuel, I was going to write you a full piano concerto, but I lost interest--here is a version of Schindler's List for you."  

25 minutes ago, pete said:

Today I learned a piece for piano trio isn't a piece for three pianos.

I had a similar moment of confusion when I saw this.  Oh well, I am sure we are really smart about other things.  

• 10 months later...
On 31/01/2023 at 12:27 AM, Disco Stu said:

You guys should listen to more classical music

Never-insult-harry-potter-in-front-of-me GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Meh, just kidding. I like that Wagner piece that Malick used for the beginning of The New World (which made Horner very VERY pissed).

5 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

As "serious music appreciation" milestones go, Mutter/Argerich/Maisky is probably in a similar league as being performed at the Salzburg festival.

I never thought I would see the most legendary living pianist play a piece by John Williams! Martha is to piano what John is to composition. The better ones are all dead. 

13 hours ago, Score said:

I never thought I would see the most legendary living pianist play a piece by John Williams! Martha is to piano what John is to composition. The better ones are all dead. 

Wait, what about Emanuel Ax? I'd love to hear him record a Williams piece.

2 hours ago, Gurkensalat said:

There is hope that he will record the piano concerto Williams is currently writing for him. 😀

Even better, he will record the concerto that Williams has already written for him.  

In the interview from a month or so ago, he said it was basically done--just a few tweaks to go.  

As to when it will be premiered, that is still speculation.  I would guess that it will be in Tanglewood this summer, much like the violin concerto a couple years back.  

It looks like I am spreading fake news.  My source was Jon Burlingame's interview from the main page.  however, I just relistened.  JW says he hopes to have the concerto completed by mid-24.  He mentions that he just completed two pieces (my memory had transposed the completed part).  Anyway, my guess is that the two pieces are Scherzo and Anakin pieces for Mutter, but let's hope he was referring to something else.