enderdrag64's Star Wars Spreadsheet Index

enderdrag64

Wow, this is very cool!

I've been waiting for someone to aggregate all the video game music info at some point, and you've finally done it!  Bravo!

Finally! I've been waiting for someone to do spreadsheets for the remaining Star Wars scores just like Jay's excellent ones for Star Wars & Return of the Jedi, great job! We're just missing The Empire Strikes Back & The Last Jedi now. The only thing I have to add is I think it would be a good idea to add separate pages that just include the official releases, as all of the games information could be a bit much for those only interested in the official releases.

36 minutes ago, CGCJ said:

Finally! I've been waiting for someone to do spreadsheets for the remaining Star Wars scores just like Jay's excellent ones for Star Wars & Return of the Jedi, great job! We're just missing The Empire Strikes Back & The Last Jedi now.

Oh I actually have an ESB one too! I guess I forgot to link to it let me add it to the index.

Like the others this one is not 100% complete yet I still want to add notes about the different mixes (Tomlinson/Neal/Risner) and also the entries for Finale and End Credits are not accurate yet (as in I didn't properly separate 12m3 Finale from its alternate or 12m4 End Credits from its insert)

36 minutes ago, CGCJ said:

The only thing I have to add is I think it would be a good idea to add separate pages that just include the official releases, as all of the games information could be a bit much for those only interested in the official releases.

This is a good idea, when I have time later today I'll do this

Interesting, so for RotS, it looks like Padme's Funeral is the only major, story-critical cue that never leaked in video games and wasn't on the album.

I can only theorise that JW wanted to end the album on a happy note, i.e. birth of the twins instead of the rather dark bits of the funeral and Vader's creation. But if so, put that cue somewhere else on the album... the rest of the OST is chronological death as it is.

It would amazing if the early  unrecorded versions of cues from ANH were somehow tracked down and recorded anew. I guess this will never happen though. Do the full scores exist somewhere? 

The Princess Theme 2-01 Princess Leia's Theme 4:28 1-14 Princess Leia's Theme 4:23 03 Princess Leia's Theme 4:24  

Early, never-recorded versions                    

2M2 The Little People                   Shorter opening, ends without the Imperial Motif

2M3 More Little People                   Shorter opening and other minor differences

3M1 The Princess Appears                   Sme additional passages and different orchestration

3M2 Lost R2                   Ending features Imperial Motif

3M3 The Sand Speeder                   Shorter cue before scene was re-edited

3M4/4M1 The Sandman Attacks                   Shorter cue before scene was re-edited, Force Theme at end used woodwinds instead of horns

4M4 A Home Destroyed                    

5M1 A Hive of Villainy                   Unleaked, but leaked sheets indicate bars 25-42 were replaced by new bars 25-43

5M6 The Inner City                   Bars 24-35 have a "sinister" timpani and drum passage for the Vader and Chief Bast scene shown in the Holiday special

7M1 The Hatch Opens                   Harp and woodwind passage around 1:30 is slightly different

8M2 The Rescue                   First 5 bars replaced by 8M2 Rev New Introduction To The Rescue

8M3 The Water Snake                    

11M2 Approaching the Target

On 03/02/2023 at 10:17 AM, Richard Penna said:

Interesting, so for RotS, it looks like Padme's Funeral is the only major, story-critical cue that never leaked in video games and wasn't on the album.

The first ~1/3 of it did, but yeah the rest is still missing.

9 hours ago, stravinsky said:

It would amazing if the early  unrecorded versions of cues from ANH were somehow tracked down and recorded anew. I guess this will never happen though. Do the full scores exist somewhere? 

The Princess Theme 2-01 Princess Leia's Theme 4:28 1-14 Princess Leia's Theme 4:23 03 Princess Leia's Theme 4:24  

Early, never-recorded versions                    

2M2 The Little People                   Shorter opening, ends without the Imperial Motif

2M3 More Little People                   Shorter opening and other minor differences

3M1 The Princess Appears                   Sme additional passages and different orchestration

3M2 Lost R2                   Ending features Imperial Motif

3M3 The Sand Speeder                   Shorter cue before scene was re-edited

3M4/4M1 The Sandman Attacks                   Shorter cue before scene was re-edited, Force Theme at end used woodwinds instead of horns

4M4 A Home Destroyed                    

5M1 A Hive of Villainy                   Unleaked, but leaked sheets indicate bars 25-42 were replaced by new bars 25-43

5M6 The Inner City                   Bars 24-35 have a "sinister" timpani and drum passage for the Vader and Chief Bast scene shown in the Holiday special

7M1 The Hatch Opens                   Harp and woodwind passage around 1:30 is slightly different

8M2 The Rescue                   First 5 bars replaced by 8M2 Rev New Introduction To The Rescue

8M3 The Water Snake                    

11M2 Approaching the Target

They are in the score sheet leaks, yes. I guess now it's just up to someone to mock them up...

Not sure how useful these will be for ya, but I downloaded editing guides which are pretty old for Eps II and III, also there's this google doc that also has a breakdown of TOR music files.

Revenge Of The Sith Editing Guide.pdf Attack Of The Clones Editing Guide - Sheet1.pdf

13 hours ago, Clockwork Angel said:

For instance the chief bast scene was mocked up by @BrotherSoundIIRC

Here that is, which features the original 5M6 The Inner City:

The only change in the revision was to remove the bars intended for this deleted scene.

10 hours ago, Groovygoth666 said:

Not sure how useful these will be for ya, but I downloaded editing guides which are pretty old for Eps II and III, also there's this google doc that also has a breakdown of TOR music files.

Revenge Of The Sith Editing Guide.pdf 288.58 kB · 0 downloads Attack Of The Clones Editing Guide - Sheet1.pdf 281.42 kB · 1 download

Those pdfs look like they're just screenshots of the @Trent B spreadsheets:

AOTC: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OcQ7NnMCeCbQua6RRLvmSguEqH_ePnW3oO9amBcs8TA/edit

ROTS: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12ClgTi-vdHl5Ml3i1tUYaMPhghWGTXEJhQT7iIN_klg/edit

That Google Doc is cool though, I don't think I've seen that one before. Curious if it has any cues on it that weren't identified on the cheetordude one

19 hours ago, enderdrag64 said:

Those pdfs look like they're just screenshots of the @Trent B spreadsheets:

AOTC: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OcQ7NnMCeCbQua6RRLvmSguEqH_ePnW3oO9amBcs8TA/edit

ROTS: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12ClgTi-vdHl5Ml3i1tUYaMPhghWGTXEJhQT7iIN_klg/edit

That Google Doc is cool though, I don't think I've seen that one before. Curious if it has any cues on it that weren't identified on the cheetordude one

Ah yes you're right, sorry those pdf's are screenshots that I took of Trent B's Google docs, couldn't tell you why though, had them for so long and didn't remember where they came from till you said. Same with the other Google doc unfortunately.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...