Doug Fake announces a Williams title is coming from Intrada this year

filmmusic

I love Cinderella Liberty but I'd much rather have a significant expansion in terms of unreleased music, such as The Patriot or Nixon.

I'm surprised no one has brought up Born on the Fourth of July as a possible candidate for this particular release.

12 minutes ago, JTWfan77 said:

I'm surprised no one has brought up Born on the Fourth of July as a possible candidate for this particular release.

That'd be a solid choice too, if not as potentially revelatory as Nixon or (especially) The Patriot. Very unusually for Williams, there's a lot of literally note-for-note repetition throughout the score that I'll be curious to see how Matessino handles. It's one that may call for something significantly different from a C&C style presentation.

1 hour ago, JTWfan77 said:

I love Cinderella Liberty but I'd much rather have a significant expansion in terms of unreleased music, such as The Patriot or Nixon.

There’s a BOTFOJ* boot which I believe has the full score and which doesn’t really offer anything revelatory

from the OST but the sound on both could do with an audible polish.

Also JFK although I don’t know how much is missing there and in need of an sonic upgrade even more than BOTFOJ.

*alongside TWATL, my favourite film title acronym… the prize of a thumbs up if you guess what it stands for.

21 minutes ago, Tom Guernsey said:

There’s a BOTFOJ* boot which I believe has the full score and which doesn’t really offer anything revelatory

Also JFK although I don’t know how much is missing there and in need of an sonic upgrade even more than BOTFOJ.

*alongside TWATL, my favourite film title acronym… the prize of a thumbs up if you guess what it stands for.

Born on the Fourth of July and The Wind and the Lion?

32 minutes ago, Tom Guernsey said:

from the OST but the sound on both could do with an audible polish

So this and The Terminal are about on par in terms of offering notable new material, you could say?

It could be argued that there are some Williams scores that don't actually need expanding in the usual sense, but would benefit from simply being presented in their proper order, remastered sound and any unreleased bits.

12 hours ago, Tom Guernsey said:

The additional tracks on that unmentionable most definitely need to be upgraded sonically.

On 13/02/2023 at 10:09 PM, Tom Guernsey said:

Which reminds me of my favourite track title of all time...track 4 from Dario Marianelli's Atonement. Very clever. 😄

Karol

On 07/02/2023 at 7:33 AM, Jay said:

What bums me out more are the scores JW's done for which it seems the original scoring elements no longer exist on this earth.  Azkaban

Wait, what? Where did the LLL complete expansion come from? It boggles my mind if the most recent Williams Harry Potter score has elements missing...

Yavar

IMHO, the things that appear in the movie and not on OST/LLL are mostly minor stuff. Sure, if they appear someday so that an improved version of the album can be released, great. Otherwise, I'm honestly more interested in the seventeen things that aren't neither on the movie or the albums, but not exactly "losing my sleep" around it.

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, crumbs said:

Patriot or Nixon please! Mostly because the other labels can't touch those scores, only Intrada.

A little Star Wars expansion per month wouldn't hurt either ;)

On 7/2/2023 at 2:42 PM, King Mark said:

Your officially the only JWfan that likes it that much!

I did an entire track by track listening analysis with my family on this score. It’s delightful, and I like just as much. I would love to be able to get a hold of the expansion for a reasonable amount of money.

14 minutes ago, Incanus said:

I would love a release or releases of the whole John Williams/Oliver Stone "trilogy", Born on the Fourth of July, JFK and Nixon.

Yes! Even better! :nod:

14 minutes ago, Incanus said:

I would love a release or releases of the whole John Williams/Oliver Stone "trilogy", Born on the Fourth of July, JFK and Nixon.

yes! That would be great to save on shipping! 3x1!

34 minutes ago, Incanus said:

I believe it's one of those "won't happen/studio bollocks reasons" situations but stranger things have happened... but it does seem like such an obvious set otherwise!

8 hours ago, Incanus said:

Any Stone/Williams release seems to be postponed forever...

2 hours ago, Brando said:

That definition is strange cause that’s what “a few” is defined as

I think it's used because there's uncertainty - the package will arrive in a couple of days, so it could be longer. As in "I'll be back in a couple of minutes" - it doesn't literally mean two minutes.

But yeah Doug would know exactly how many Williams releases Mike is working on for Intrada. So two for certain. He wouldn't say a couple if there were three. 

Or he said a couple because he means it as uncertain because he doesn't want to say. We know how often approvals and shit kill releases for not only months but years. That's how I took it at least.

2 minutes ago, GerateWohl said:

Why is that? 

Just clear English. There's no reason to think a couple in this case means anything other than two. Mike's currently working on two Williams releases for Intrada. This is a hill I will die on!

15 minutes ago, pete said:

Just clear English. There's no reason to think a couple in this case means anything other than two. Mike's currently working on two Williams releases for Intrada. This is a hill I will die on!

Interesting. In German it depends on how you spell it.

"ein Paar Dinge" means "one couple of things".

"ein paar Dinge" means "a few things".

Of course you don't hear it, if somebody just speaks it.

So that means, if someone says "This will happen in a couple of days." it means exactly "This will happen in two days." I didn't know that. Thank you.