John Williams & Gustavo Dudamel conduct the LA Philharmonic at The Hollywood Bowl, July 7-9 2023

Jay

https://www.hollywoodbowl.com/events/performances/2369/2023-07-07/maestro-of-the-movies-john-williams-with-the-la-phil

Maestro of the Movies: John Williams with the LA Phil
Fri / July 7, 2023 - 8:00PM

Sat / July 8, 2023 - 8:00PM

SUN / July 9, 2023 - 8:00PM
GATE TIME: 6:00 PM

Artists
Los Angeles Philharmonic
Gustavo Dudamel, conductor
Bing Wang, violin
Cal State Fullerton University Singers
Los Angeles Children's Chorus

About this Performance
John Williams' scores are instantly recognizable, filled with soaring melodies, poignant emotion, and thrilling moments. It's little wonder that he's long been considered the greatest composer in Hollywood history, having contributed to some of the biggest films of all time: Star Wars, Harry Potter, Schindler’s List, Indiana Jones, E.T., Jaws, and so many more. Join John and his dear friend and colleague Gustavo Dudamel as they share the podium for three magical nights of movie music performed by the LA Phil, including selections with film clips.

No love for "Look Down, Lord"? 

But seriously, this is awesome.  I've been dreaming about a choral Williams concert for years.  Heck, even Jurassic Park with chorus would be a rare treat.

• 3 months later...

My guess is that it is just a bunch of individual pieces.  Did Williams have a hand in those laser projection things?  Maybe this is something based on that?  

I would love for truly massive, suites, each for HP, SW, and IJ.  

I'm excited that I will be attending the Saturday concert. I have not been to the Bowl since pre-COVID (or seen JW since Tanglewood in 2019 SAW him at the Indy 5 Premiere!)!

Hope to catch up with fellow JWFans that might be there that night. 

• 3 weeks later...

I am fairly sure Helena's Theme will be played despite JW playing that last September at the Bowl. I think it is unlikely we'll get any other Dial of Destiny music though. Maybe Marion's theme and the Raiders March. Hope I am wrong though. I do wonder if perhaps someone has cut together a package with scenes of Helena in the movie and that will be shown on the video screen while they play her theme.

On 14/6/2023 at 10:34 AM, lairdo said:

I'm excited that I will be attending the Saturday concert. I have not been to the Bowl since pre-COVID (or seen JW since Tanglewood in 2019 SAW him at the Indy 5 Premiere!)!

I’ll be there! Anyone else?

On 14/6/2023 at 10:34 AM, lairdo said:

Ah rats. (I hate rats.) I've come down with something and am not going to LA to risk the travel (or risk getting sick my 80+ year old parents who are going to the concert). 

Olympic Spirit or Call of the Champions?  If the latter, how was it live with choir?  

Did Williams say anything memorable?  

13 hours ago, BB-8 said:

Next he will shave to look like a juvenile Curley.

Maybe he will get a hair transplantation next? 🧓

37 minutes ago, Steve said:

Maybe he will get a hair transplantaion next? 🧓

John Williams was spotted today.

IMG_9607.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Tom said:

What the hell is a "star wars"?  

Who is this Spielberg kid and what did he direct?