John Williams to Guest Conduct Marine Band in Washington, DC on July 16

Will

https://express.adobe.com/page/RNUVDPM7lS8cc/#john-williams-and-the-presidents-own

JOHN WILLIAMS AND "THE PRESIDENT'S OWN"

Marine Band

Sunday, July 16 | 2 PM

Col. Jason K. Fettig, conducting; John Williams, guest conducting

John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, Washington, DC

The Marine Band’s 225th anniversary celebration continues with an extraordinary concert at the Kennedy Center, conducted in part by Maestro John Williams. The composer, who turns 91-years-old this year, is best known for his instantly-recognizable scores to the Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Harry Potter films, as well as Jaws, E. T. the Extra-Terrestrial, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, and many others. Williams first conducted the Marine Band in concert at the Kennedy Center in 2003, commemorating the band’s 205th birthday. That historic occasion marked the beginning of a long friendship between Williams and “The President’s Own” including additional guest appearances on the podium in 2008 and 2019, as well as the 2021 Marine Band album release of “John Williams and ‘The President’s Own.’” In this concert, the Marine Band pulls out all the stops, enthusiastic to perform an exciting lineup of Williams’ work, once again under the direction of the composer himself.

Free tickets required. Ticket information will be released in late spring.

9 hours ago, Thor said:

Poor air force....overlooked again.

It's more about being unable to get past ridiculous Air Force spending limits on services. Ugh. I'm excited for a new USMB concert though!

• 2 months later...

This would be a fun occasion to finally visit DC again (I haven't been since I was a teenager), but alas we return from Australia the day before.  Jet lag will be through the roof.

• 4 weeks later...

Tickets available Monday, June 12th 10AM ET: https://www.kennedy-center.org/whats-on/explore-by-genre/classical-music/2022-2023/john-williams-and-the-presidents-own/

Here is what was stated in the email:

The Marine Band’s 225th anniversary celebration continues with an extraordinary concert at the Kennedy Center on July 16, conducted in part by Maestro John Williams.

Tickets will be available HERE starting Monday, June 12 at 10 a.m. (ET). Tickets are limited to two per request.

The composer, who turns 91-years-old this year, is best known for his instantly-recognizable scores to the Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Harry Potter films, as well as Jaws, E. T. the Extra-Terrestrial, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, and many others. Williams first conducted the Marine Band in concert at the Kennedy Center in 2003, commemorating the band’s 205th birthday. That historic occasion marked the beginning of a long friendship between Williams and “The President’s Own” including additional guest appearances on the podium in 2008 and 2019, as well as the 2021 Marine Band album release of “John Williams and ‘The President’s Own.’” In this concert, the Marine Band pulls out all the stops, enthusiastic to perform an exciting lineup of Williams’ work, once again under the direction of the composer himself.

The concert begins at 3 p.m. on Sunday, July 16, and will be held at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, D.C.

• 2 weeks later...

Completely forgot to check back at 10 sharp! Grr. Not too sad since I'm going to Tanglewood but it would've been fun to see him perform twice this year. 

1 hour ago, sm2599 said:

Does anyone have experience exchanging their reservation for a ticket at the Kennedy Center, is it competitive?

I don’t believe it will be. I believe that they gave out a finite number of reservations based on the capacity of the concert hall, though I don’t know how seats will be assigned or if it will be a free-for-all like it was for his 2008 appearance with the Marine Band. In 2008, IIRC, they sent the “general admission” tickets out beforehand and didn’t go the “reservation” route like they are this time.

I tried twice to get tickets - both times when I got to the final screen it gave me a server not reachable error. I’ve not had an email confirmation but when I log into my account there are two reservations. Anyone else have similar issues ? 

@Grgdvs are they in your shopping cart, or shown in your profile as tickets for a future performance?

If they’re in your shopping cart, then I would guess that the process wasn’t finalized.

4 hours ago, thx99 said:

@Grgdvs are they in your shopping cart, or shown in your profile as tickets for a future performance?

If they’re in your shopping cart, then I would guess that the process wasn’t finalized.

Thanks thx99 they show in my ticket centre but under the past performances section - and are missing something from the middle - like a barcode or something. Sounds like something screwed up, but I’m emailing them to see if it’s a real reservation.

1 hour ago, Grgdvs said:

Thanks thx99 they show in my ticket centre but under the past performances section - and are missing something from the middle - like a barcode or something. Sounds like something screwed up, but I’m emailing them to see if it’s a real reservation.

Strange!  I hope they're able to get you squared away.

@Grgdvs, as reference, here's what my Kennedy Center profile looks like and when I click on "View Tickets":

Spoiler

image.png

image.png

Just missed this by two days!  Especially painful seeing he's going to be right down the road from us.  If anyone ends up not being able to make it or knows of a second release of tickets, please let me know!

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/6/2023 at 7:12 PM, thx99 said:

Strange!  I hope they're able to get you squared away.

@Grgdvs, as reference, here's what my Kennedy Center profile looks like and when I click on "View Tickets":

Reveal hidden contents

@thx99 all sorted and they resent me the confirmation. It appears the mobile view of the site isn’t really clear ! Anyway very excited about seeing the maestro!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Great program, a bit surprised the Raider’s March is part of it and not an encore like he’s done recently. Wonder if it will just be Imperial March

box office sent me this :

Print the confirmation and bring it with you on the day of the performance. Beginning at 12PM, we will begin distributing ticketed seats to those with reservation confirmations at the Hall of Nations Concert Hall Box Office. You may arrive earlier than 12PM to wait in line if you’d like, we open at 10AM. Once you have the ticketed seat, you are guaranteed entry and will have an assigned seat location (this will be printed on your tickets). Tickets are first come first serve. We will begin filling the Orchestra section first and the Second Tier balcony last unless specific seat requirements are needed.

There are not more reservations than there are tickets, however we will be offering a Standby line to those who were unable to make an advanced reservation. We will begin distributing tickets to the Standby line around 2:15PM.

14 hours ago, Grgdvs said:

box office sent me this :

Interesting, because the email I received was slightly different. Namely, that the standby line would start at 2:45 PM, not 2:15 PM.

IMG_0177.jpeg

5 hours ago, thx99 said:

Interesting, because the email I received was slightly different. Namely, that the standby line would start at 2:45 PM, not 2:15 PM.

IMG_0177.jpeg

Good.. maybe you should arrive a bit earlier like 1:45pm to be in time.

Unfortunately we can no longer go - we have a new arrival in the family ! He arrived a week early! 

Im truly gutted to miss this. 

if anyone would like my reservation (x2)  please DM me. They ask for ID so I’m not 100% sure you will get in - perhaps the standby line is a better bet !

15 hours ago, Grgdvs said:

Unfortunately we can no longer go - we have a new arrival in the family ! He arrived a week early! 

Congratulations but sorry that you will miss the concert!!

Got here at 8AM and was first, two guys showed up 30 mins after me, followed by a family of four a bit after them (the family is looking for two extra tickets if anyone here has any).

So excited!