Indiana Jones 5 TV spot music could be from the new score

Jay

35 minutes ago, crumbs said:

It has those prominent snare drums with the catchy new rhythm, too. This wasn't present (or was inaudible) in the film recordings, so it seems highly likely they've used an Indy 5 recording for the trailer.

Notice the prominent rhythm on the drums in newer recordings:

It's either missing or barely audible in the films:

I highly doubt they'd licence some random concert performance for this trailer.

Clearly it's somewhat enhanced, but it sounds like a vastly more dynamic recording than Crystal Skull!

Great catch!

Oh totally!  In this age of information it’s almost an impossible game. But so far so good.   The ads aren’t meant for me. They’re already getting my money.  I just hope the people at work don’t spill the beans tomorrow. 

16 minutes ago, Andy said:

Oh totally!  In this age of information it’s almost an impossible game. But so far so good.   The ads aren’t meant for me. They’re already getting my money.  I just hope the people at work don’t spill the beans tomorrow. 

You're brave, Andy. You have willpower.

When I was in 5th grade, the local paper printed the ROTJ review with spoilers a day before its release and some kid at school blabbed about Leia being Luke’s sister.  A day later, I found out he wasn’t full of it.  I think it being spoiled for me soured me not only on spoilers, but on the story reveal itself.  I didn’t really accept it, or like it. I still don’t. 

And then this guy at the theater put his fedora on my head and said, “You got spoiled kid. But that doesn’t mean you have to like it.”

And ever since then I’ve had a fear of spoilers. 

10 minutes ago, Andy said:

When I was in 5th grade, the local paper printed the ROTJ review with spoilers a day before its release and some kid at school blabbed about Leia being Luke’s sister.  A day later, I found out he wasn’t full of it.  I think it being spoiled for me soured me not only on spoilers, but on the story reveal itself.  I didn’t really accept it, or like it. I still don’t. 

And then this guy at the theater put his fedora on my head and said, “You got spoiled kid. But that doesn’t mean you have to like it.”

And ever since then I’ve had a fear of spoilers. 

That's understandable. I'd be mad to this day about that.

7 minutes ago, Not Mr. Big said:

I'm willing to bet both nuts that's Williams music (that bit at the beginning is a separate cue)

To me, it sounds cut off. I'm wondering if these 2 pieces will be heard in a full final trailer.

I really like Ford's acting with the, "what are you doing here?!" line.

I haven't seen him put this much energy into a performance for a long while.

2 minutes ago, Brando said:

To me, it sounds cut off. I'm wondering if these 2 pieces will be heard in a full final trailer.

The opening 6 seconds definitely sounds like a film cue(s). The rest is probably just the end credits (with added synth drums).

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

I haven't seen him put this much energy into a performance for a long while.

This felt way more true to say about him in Force Awakens, which was a notably more commanding performance than Crystal Skull and you could reason back to What Lies Beneath in 2000 or even before since he was owning the screen like that. I don't think it's exactly fair these days when he's also been excellent in Blade Runner 2049 and even probably one of the better performances in Rise of Skywalker!

I have no comment on Call of the Wild, 1923, or Shrinking but he's felt more present again in these big things. I remember Age of Adaline earlier in 2015 also hearing a lot of "Wow Harrison Ford's actually great in this" though I never saw that, but that felt like a turning point year where he wasn't just clocking in and it exceeded something like Morning Glory or 42 where you were mostly just grateful to see him actually playing a character.

11 hours ago, crumbs said:

It has those prominent snare drums with the catchy new rhythm, too. This wasn't present (or was inaudible) in the film recordings, so it seems highly likely they've used an Indy 5 recording for the trailer.

It's either missing or barely audible in the films:

I highly doubt they'd licence some random concert performance for this trailer.

Clearly it's somewhat enhanced, but it sounds like a vastly more dynamic recording than Crystal Skull!

It's audible enough in the Sony recording:

...and in the Philips recording:

12 hours ago, crumbs said:

At least they can play in time!

3 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

It's audible enough in the Sony recording:

...and in the Philips recording:

I believe what @crumbs is referring to is the snare rhythm here seems to have been subtly revised from the published arrangement (as heard on all recordings prior to last year), from this:

image.png

To something like this:

image.png
If you can’t read music, the second rhythm has a few more notes and is more “galloping”.

Great post @Cerebral Cortex and I couldn't agree more. In a few months I will have a direct line to my childhood, and the moment I fell in love with music in general through JW's scores. That happened to be in the late 90's, which as you mentioned is likely why my excitement is so high. I haven't been this excited for a score since 2015 and the promise of TFA. He knocked that one out of the park and I have such fond memories of falling in love with a sophisticated and incredibly crafted score. I'm sad to say that my heart has hardened around anything Star Wars related since then, due in equal parts to the relentless output of the franchise and the tiresome discourse around it. But that's not the case with Indy, so my inner-child has stirred from his slumber and waits in anticipation for what's to come (before retiring once more as "the discourse" inevitably approaches).