Contest to win a Fabelmans CD & sheet music both signed by John Williams

Jay

6 hours ago, BB-8 said:

So they selected the 10 highest numbers of "entries" and didn't draw randomly?

No Way Lebron GIF by Uninterrupted

I had over 9,750 entries and didn’t win, so I think it was indeed a random drawing.

Definitely bummed, but there were over a million entries by people so the odds weren’t good anyway!

I didn't see a possibility of acquiring so many points. I presume sharing the link was key to scoring so high. But that could have inflated the overall number of entries and may have reduced one's own likelyhood of being drawn.

Well it's now just a squiggle of white ink on a score that is many things but not a score that won an Oscar.

4 minutes ago, GerateWohl said:

If I would have really invested in collecting these points and didn't will anything, I would feel just used by them.

Indeed.

What's gutting me more than losing this cyber-competition is that The Fabelmans have been scrapped at my local cinema, giving way to Everything Everywhere All at Once and All Quiet on the Western Front.

The Fabelmans apparently marks the end of cinema in the classic sense. While I can listen to the film music for free on multiple internet-based platforms, buy limited vinyl editions, accumulate lucky points and share all the hype (and frustration) in the world-wide web, it is not possible to simply walk down the road to my local cinema and watch the actual film.

8 minutes ago, BB-8 said:

What's gutting me more than losing this cyber-competition is that The Fabelmans have been scrapped at my local cinema, giving way to Everything Everywhere All at Once and All Quiet on the Western Front.

The Fabelmans apparently marks the end of cinema in the classic sense. While I can listen to the film music for free on multiple internet-based platforms, buy limited vinyl editions, accumulate lucky points and share all the hype (and frustration) in the world-wide web, it is not possible to simply walk down the road to my local cinema and watch the actual film.

We're not making art for audiences anymore, just content for algorithms.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Andy said:

@JohnnyD Congratulations! I am insanely jealous, and very happy someone from JWFan won. 

Same feelings...Congratulations @JohnnyD!

10 hours ago, Edmilson said:

Here's an action figure for the Fabelmans' sequel:

Closer look at my custom JP Steven Spielberg pop. 🎬⛰🦖 | Cineasta,  Jurassic world, Jurassic park

Looks more like George Lucas in Tunisia...

Executive producer George Lucas and producer Howard Kazanjian on location  in Tunisia during the shoot for Raiders of th… | Scenes, George lucas,  Indiana jones films

How about this?....minus the Oscar.

Figure Club My Favorite Director collection series 001 1/6 action figure in stock - KGHobby Toys and Models Store

image.png

On 21/03/2023 at 4:37 PM, BB-8 said:

bah, i've lived this situation all of my life, and even worse with cinemas closing left and right