Variety: For ‘Indiana Jones 5,‘ John Williams Scored ’An Hour and a Half of Music, Maybe More’

Cerebral Cortex

23 minutes ago, Cerebral Cortex said:

“But I’m quite happy with it. There’s a lot of new material. The old material works very well as a touchstone of memory, but I had great fun, and I have a theme that I’ve written for Phoebe Waller-Bridge, the wonderful actress.”

Sweet!

15 hours ago, crumbs said:

Great news!

“…maybe more.” Basically, the Maestro scored OVER 90 minutes of music, hence “2 hours of brilliant music”; hence, “it’s a huge score and 99% in the film.”

2 hours ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Is it possible to have "scored an hour and a half of music"?

Surely it should read: "scored an hour and a half of the film"?

Well, when they write music, they write it down on a score.

13 minutes ago, artguy360 said:

Every time I click this thread I get more and more excited for this score and OST. I am beyond hyped for more JW in Indy music mode. 

I feel in retrospect the Disney ST almost served as an exercise for Williams to get back into blockbuster mode. I personally feel like the action music got better in each entry. Imagine him now getting to do another big blockbuster but with a film that might actually inspire him creatively and with a character he cares about.

As a comparison, how much music did he write for the other four Indy films?

It's good to hear that he wrote a lot of new material. In my opinion, the Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker scores suffered from too much rehashing of old material.