Williams interviewed for NBC News, Wednesday March 1

Tom

That was a nice interview. So often, I feel like JW is about to go deeper into a response but chooses not to. I want a more indepth interview but he seems pretty resistant. Even the longer interviews he's given are not particularly more in-depth. One of the best interviews I've seen of JW actually talking about his music is the interview he did for TPM where he talked about each theme, the overall style, etc.

14 hours ago, Alex said:

They´re really on an Oscar push at the moment. Hopefully it will all work out.

This is the best shot he's had since 2005.

But he won't win. The film has completely dropped off. And the score kiiiinda isn't there. I'd say he isn't really competitive despite it being his best shot in 18 years. 

His next Oscar - if it happens - will be Honarary. 

8 minutes ago, DangerMotif said:

Would much prefer him win for INDY5 instead of Fabelmans. Still crazy he lost for The Force Awakens to Ennio Morricone’s 1982 score “The Thing”

Yes, that was a hell of a thing.  

5 hours ago, DangerMotif said:

Would much prefer him win for INDY5 instead of Fabelmans. Still crazy he lost for The Force Awakens to Ennio Morricone’s 1982 score “The Thing”

Anyway, I am confident, that Indy V will be easily the best motion picture score of 2023.

7 hours ago, DangerMotif said:

I hope he'll wins for both as Fabelmans definitly deserves it.

As for his lost for TFA to The Hateful Eight, it was just to give at least one Oscar to Morricone who had none before (and that was crazier)

10 hours ago, arelc said:

Thanks for the link!; Watching with CC on:

Image3.jpg

I don't even want to imagine what that job might entail.

Maybe Williams had the same doubt as Peter Griffin: "Am I supposed to conduct with my penis?"