Williams on KUSC, Friday March 3

Jay

The article I posted says 6pm California time.

6pm California time is 9pm our time. 

5 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Really sweet interview, enjoyed that! Nice to hear some thoughtful answers that delved a bit deeper than the regular interview.

They've posted the whole thing online:

https://www.kusc.org/culture/staff-blog/a-piano-centric-fabelmans-score-by-john-williams/

Downloadable link:

https://media.kusc.org/audio/2023/03/ATM-WILLIAMS-mx.mp3

It was a great interview.

34 minutes ago, JohnnyD said:

It was a great interview.

It really was; have to sleep now.

We watched the trailer at the movie theatre today, in front of the only screening of "Last Film Show" since its release in August around here, an absolutely wonderful Indian film about the magic of the movies in the vein of Cinema Paradiso I would recommend to any cinephile...

...the trailer of the similarly themed "Fabelmans" and my anticipation of this interview later tonight enhanced the experience.

Great times ... good night, you all.

Lovely interview.  I also really enjoyed the music from Flaberman's they played.  Very enjoyable.  Good luck at tomorrow's Oscars, Maestro!  

15 hours ago, Edmilson said:

Yep, he is campaigning even harder for The Fabelmans than he ever did in recent years. An astounding feat considering his age. But I think he is doing this more for his friendship with Spielberg and how much this film means to him, than anything else.

My guess is that he is not actually campaigning.  Surely the voting on the Oscars closed a while back?

Finals voting begins 9 a.m. PT Thursday, March 2, 2023

Finals voting ends 5 p.m. PT Tuesday, March 7, 2023

https://www.oscars.org/news/academy-and-abc-announce-show-date-95th-oscarsr

They timed everything this week to get votes for the film 

That makes sense.  I was thinking the Oscars were this weekend. 

Weird to think that you have to do all this National PR stuff to appeal to a handful of voters living mostly in the LA area, but such is the industry.  

It cracks me up when he calls the movie “Fabelman”. Like it’s the sequel to Superman. 

I was remarking (while watching Picard) that some actors’ voices get higher pitched with age (Harrison Ford, Michael Dorn, Patrick Stewart).  But Williams’ voice has gotten lower pitched, more gruff.