Indiana Jones is better than everything

Jay

This is good news. I’m a big fan of Young Indy even though it’s a weird show. It has a real BBC in the 90’s production feel to it, Indiana Jones presents History Theater, but if you’re looking for a tv version of the movies, you’ll be disappointed. Personally, I like how different it is.

21 hours ago, Tom Guernsey said:

OK, apparently they were filmed so that pairs of episodes could be broadcast together as a single longer episode so it was planned that way rather than a random re-editing. Still, I don't think they were done in a way that would hang together as a single movie. They did make a few TV movies after the series ended which one would expect that they hang together better.

Every single episode, even the TV-movies, have two-parts, though it's usually too late to pause it when you notice it, they flow quite well, you can tell with the 9/10-years old episodes when they split if you pay attencion to the actor who plays Indy, he will always be with a different haircut between parts.

4 hours ago, Tallguy said:

So they got rid of Old Indy. Does that mean they got rid of Less Old Indy? (Harrison Ford?)

Mystery of the Blues continues with Harrison in it.

I'm currently in "Chapter 20" of my rewatch, the aforementioned Mystery of the Blues. Been rewatching since January weekly to match Dial of Destiny's realease. I really like this show.

6 hours ago, mstrox said:

Did Young Indy ever adapt any Williams material?

Not literally, 

but listen to “the phantom train of doom” and tell me if there is a single note that does not ring a bell 😜

6 hours ago, Tallguy said:

Are you suggesting @Gabriel Bezerra's avatar be Tom Jones?

Idk why, but whenever I imagine @mstrox talking, I don't imagine his pfp, but for some reason I imagine him as the bus driver from the Simpsons. And its strange because his pfp is 2 other Simpsons characters:lol:

Season 3 Guitar GIF by The Simpsons

7 hours ago, Holko said:

Oh god, you're the guy who hosts the meetings and insists on people turning their cameras on!

Then my opinion of him has gone up!

15 minutes ago, Jay said:

You guys know about this Barbara Streisand / Carrie Fisher / Irvin Kershner video?

There's a version with subtitles on twitter if you're having a hard time hearing it

Dear Zod that's NUTS. OTOH he should have been beaten some more for Hanover Street.

20 hours ago, Jay said:

You guys know about this Barbara Streisand / Carrie Fisher / Irvin Kershner video?

There's a version with subtitles on twitter if you're having a hard time hearing it

I could swear i had seen it with better quality. 

4 hours ago, Tom Guernsey said:

Hopefully U.K. Disney+ will catch up soon… thanks for confirming. 

Not here in Brazil either... a major disappointment, first thing I did when I woke up was check the site. 

4 hours ago, mstrox said:

It’s on there in the US - the movie-length versions. IMG_3512.png

IMG_3513.png

Do the episodes have audio or subtitles in other languages available? This would already tell if they intend to put it in other countries. 

This show was never released here in physical media, and was only broadcasted in the 90s

2 minutes ago, Gabriel Bezerra said:

Not here in Brazil either... a major disappointment, first thing I did when I woke up was check the site. 

Annoying for you too! Maybe Disney are just slow to roll them out beyond the US but I'll be quite disappointed not to be able to watch them.

Just now, Brando said:

They are on YT, but I assume and hope D+ is in better quality: https://www.youtube.com/@youngindyrestored9630

Ah yes. good shout, but as you say, one would hope that the quality on D+ would be better as from my brief look they seem quite pixellated. Who knows how long they'll be there now Disney are (half heartedly!) making them more widely and legally available.

17 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

Just to clarify, the versions on Disney Plus are just straight-up DVD rips, so expect the same exact quality as the official sets.

God that’s pretty lame but as we’ve all discovered, Disney don’t give as much of a shit about their assets (especially the ones they can’t strip mine) as we might hope. You’d think they would be getting a decent HD release by now. Meh. 

• 3 weeks later...