April Fools 2023

Manakin Skywalker

7 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Quickly? It's already 4.43pm on April 1 here!

I was using CST time, but was about a half hour late because my set notification on Windows 10 didn't pop up. :pat:

4 minutes ago, artguy360 said:

I knew what to expect when I clicked.

Hey, I didn't wanna do it. But it's an obligation at this point!

I think "SW and Indy expansions are imminent!" threads on April 1st are so inevitable that they aren't funny anymore. The first thing a Williams fan will do when they see such threads is to check to see if today is April Fool's.

If one wanted to make a truly cruel, heartbreaking April Fool's prank, then use a JW holy grail that is easier to expand than SW and IJ, like The Patriot or the ellusive "The John Williams Oliver Stone collection". The amount of people who'd open these threads thinking they're the real deal only to be confronted with the fact that today is April Fool's would be incredible.

2 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

The amount of people who'd open these threads thinking they're the real deal only to be confronted with the fact that today is April Fool's would be incredible.

Yeah, at least... 50!

10 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

ElevenLabs

I knew the subject title was an April Fool's but I actually did think that you got Tim and Mike to record this, and I was wondering who the hell was hiding such a good Spielberg impression. The Williams voice is way off though :lol: sounds like David Cronenberg! Lucas also sounds great. 

When the expansions eventually become a reality:

Honestly, though, when they are officially announced, the one responsible for doing this recurring and quite frankly LONG, TIRESOME AND POINTLESS “joke” will…Ah, who am I kidding?

That was FREAKING AWESOME! :lol:  I’m dying. 

Wait, so you did the voices and just ran them through Elevenlabs?  I have new software to try now. 

That was bloody brilliant and made my day!

Fabelmans 2! :lol:

I actually logged in to the forum this morning just to get it out of the way and see whatever prank thread had been setup, but now I’m glad I did. Those voices are great! Very impressive.

The title had me for a few moments before I realised the date - April crept up!

But those voices.... technology is amazing! How does it work? Do you provide samples of the original voices and then the text you want?

For the record, when it does eventually happen, it better not be a 25 disc set!

@Manakin SkywalkerJust so you know, mother in law was asking me to explain AI to her and I used your audio as an example. :lol:

When we do eventually get IJ and SW expansions, I’m adding this as a bonus track as a reminder of the long struggle. 

4 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

Do you provide samples of the original voices and then the text you want?

Pretty much, yes!