First Indiana Jones 5 clip with Williams' score debuts at Star Wars celebration

Jay

yeah but it's still a pretty long scene

And I'm kind of worried this is indicative of the actual mix in theater. Sounds like "The Speeder Chase" film mix.

Well I'm sure the clip played had the film's final mix, but year, you can't tell anything about it from some dude holding up a cellphone and capturing the room audio, especially when he's trying not to get caught

6 hours ago, SilasGupta said:

That's 2m8b The Rocket Sled.

I hope they  didn't do like Speeder Chase and ditch Williams original track and replaced it with tracked music

As long as we get what Williams wrote on the album I don't care what gets changee for the film

1 hour ago, King Mark said:

I hope they  didn't do like Speeder Chase and ditch Williams original track and replaced it with tracked music

It all seems to have been re-recorded/re-arranged. It's most likely a KOTCS situation.

Here are the timestamps:

6M3: Fast Streets of Tangiers

0:51-1:03 - Helena’s theme

1:11-1:12 - Voller’s theme?

1:58-1:59 - Helena’s theme

2:24-2:40 - Warehouse escape quote

2:43-2:51 - Indy’s A theme

2:59-3:01 - Escape from Venice quote

3:08-3:23 - Helena’s theme

3:50-3:52 - Whirl through the Acadame quote

3:57-3:59 - Voller’s theme

4:04-4:09 - Warehouse escape quote

4:18-4:24 - Escape from Venice quote

4:47-4:49 - Voller’s theme

4:58-4:59 - Helena’s theme

4:16-4:24 - Voller’s theme

5:26-5:28 - Indy’s A theme

5:34-5:40 - Ugha Warriors quote

6:00-6:12 - Indy’s B theme

On 07/04/2023 at 8:04 PM, Bellosh said:

28-2:36 sounds EXACTLY like a cue from KOTCS. Like exact. Can't think of the cue off the top of my head.

Sounds ... tracked? :eh:

It's from a cue for the warehouse escape scene, A Ride Down Ben Burtt Avenue or something along those lines.

EDIT: boulevard, not avenue.

10 minutes ago, Bellosh said:

shut up

no shit sounds are tracked.

but god forbid people mention something sounds exactly like a cue from a movie that most people, including the people making the movie, want to forget about. also....had no idea KOTCS created a chase leitmotif.

but thanks for your expertise, dork.

I hope this is some kind of sarcasm which is simply beyond my level of comprehension.

If so, it's in really bad taste.

did you mean sounds as in sounds as you can hear it or sounds as in sound + track?

if so i completely apologize.

i completely read it as a sarcastic comment. emoji prob didnt help either for my brain. breaking down the word sound track to me.

nevermind.

3 minutes ago, Jilal said:

I might have to stop using an ellipsis to mark a pause, it ... seems to be confusing people.

See what I did there?

Probably because usually when I have seen ellipsis used, it is used without the first gap like.... this, ya know

its okay, i type like i talk at times too, and it can come off weird.

admitting i'm wrong is way easier in real life than a message board holy shit. i feel like a fool right now.

anyways....

does this mean JW is essentially a huge fan of his KOTCS work to include this in DoD?

43 minutes ago, Bellosh said:

@Jilal geniunely sorry :(

i only hope you can see where i was coming from so you dont think of me as a complete fool, and only 90% a fool

It's okay. Mistakes like this happen all the time, especially online where it can be a little hard sometimes to really get what someone is trying to say. The ellipsis was confusing and a poor typographical choice on my part, so I see why you interpreted it the way you did. 

I've made similar mistakes in the past. Fact is, things aren't always the way they seem to be. If you're unsure about the exact meaning of something which someone typed (or said), or the intentions behind it, it's always better to remain calm and maybe ask that person for a bit of clarification instead of directly lashing out. This is just my two cents, and I'm not even sure I'm able to fully live up to this myself. At the very least, this avoids unnecessary altercations.

37 minutes ago, Bellosh said:

does this mean JW is essentially a huge fan of his KOTCS work to include this in DoD?

I have a hunch the decision to track this bit was made by a sound editor, or perhaps someone "higher up" like Mangold himself. I don't think Williams would feel comfortable tracking a bit from a previous score. (Save perhaps Duel of the Fates in ROTS.)

41 minutes ago, A Farewell to Kings said:

Probably because usually when I have seen ellipsis used, it is used without the first gap like.... this, ya know

Many style guides do recommend that an ellipsis be preceded and followed by single spaces. You're definitely right though, people don't seem to do that in non-formal writing. Only "dorks" like me, eh. :D

37 minutes ago, Bellosh said:

admitting i'm wrong is way easier in real life than a message board holy shit. i feel like a fool right now.

And don't you worry, your actions (or mistakes) don't define who you are as a person!

@Jilal haha appreciate it. all good points.

jwfan is currently the only place on the internet i choose to have a dialogue with internet strangers.  for obvious reasons beyond talking to other JW fans, the rude, anonymous jerks you tend to get on twitter, reddit, ect, have a small small place here.

but i myself have become jaded to those types.  so if i feel there is one here, i'm not too hesitant to just fire it back. i have no place for those types in any area of my brain anymore.  so i guess if i see any slice of it here out of all places, i'm more prone to just wanna tell them to shut up and be lighthearted with any of my comments back.  this again is all moot, since you're so far removed from those types of online personalities, that I almost feel foolish (theres that word again) typing this all out.  but alas....

anyways, back on topic...

I can hear bits from TLC's Escape from Venice later in the scene as well!

Timestamps: 2:57-3:05, 3:39-3:42, 4:18-4:24

I'd say they're tracked, but it's difficult to tell given that the music is barely audible here.

One of the quote of Escape from Venice sounds like it seemlessly moves into Helena´s Theme, but obviously the audio makes it hard to know for sure.

Just watched it and the music does not come across clearly enough to judge it fairly imo. What I did hear was a lot of Williams' typical rushing strings and xylophones, but this sequence does have a lot more dialogue than for example Scherzo or Venice.