Indiana Jones DVD Release Pushed Up!

Lurker

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh? What did they do that for? I hope they don't do the same thing as Fox tends to do with The Simpsons releases.  :music:

- Marc, banghead

I believe that is good news, not bad.

----------------

Alex Cremers

I'm sorry. I misread it. Please forgive me.

- Marc, feeling stupid. :?

BTW, does this affect the R2 release as well? If that would be pushed up too, it would be sweet. :music:

Marc, feeling stupid.  

Yes but you could have saved your honor by saying that you couldn't pay for it until November (when it was originally planned) and not two weeks earlier. You just don't have any money in October. Then everybody would've agreed with your first post and no harm would've been done. Unfortunately, things went a bit different and now it's too late. Oh Marc, what have you done?! I'll pray for you.

----------------

Alex Cremers

Probably a smart move on Paramounts part. A lot of other big releases are coming out between Oct. 14th and Nov. 25th. Other than the Indy set, the Matrix Reloaded, Finding Nemo, the Hulk, The Two Towers expanded edtion, and X-Men 2 are hitting the shelves in that short period of time. Terminator 3 may also be released during that time frame as well, though no date has been mentioned. Now only the Matrix sequel will be in stores prior to the Indy release meaning consumers might be more willing to buy the more expensive boxed set with fewer options readily available.

Good news indeed... but the chances of iso scores (fat chance) and deluxe CDs (a faithful hope) looks more bleak, doesn't it?

Oh well... at the very least we'll get DVDs. :)

I'm just excited to be getting the film in pristine condition on DVD, can't wait.

Yes but you could have saved your honor by saying that you couldn't pay for it until November (when it was originally planned) and not two weeks earlier. You just don't have any money in October. Then everybody would've agreed with your first post and no harm would've been done. Unfortunately, things went a bit different and now it's too late. Oh Marc, what have you done?! I'll pray for you.

Uhmm... oh, right... that's what I meant. :)

- Marc, banghead

Isolated scores are bad business. No company in their right mind would do something like that. It isn't called music BUSINESS for nothing you know.

Marian - who is miss the point.

:) Canto General (Mikis Theodorakis)

It's always good news when a release date is moved up. If there were going to be expanded scores released I'm sure we would have heard something by now so I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for them.

I'm so glad these are finally vailable on DVD, I'm getting tired of having to get up and flip my Laserdiscs over to the next side.

I'm so glad these are finally vailable on DVD, I'm getting tired of having to get up and flip my Laserdiscs over to the next side.

In my day we got up to 60 minutes of high quality video on one side of a 12" disc. We didn't have fancy anamorphic widescreen or multiple commentaries. There were no such things as menus and stereo isolated scores. And we had to get up at least once during the film to flip the disc. That's the way it used to be and that's the way we liked it!!

Neil

Fat chance we'll see proper releases this year. We already got the concert compilation CD earlier, so don't expact more Indy music in one year, or next year, or probably even in two years. Nope, we're screwed. :)

- Marc

According to the DigitalBits, Paramount moved it up because Finding Nemo was coming out on the same day. Makes sense, since Nemo is going to be the biggest seller this fall by far.

And not only will I buy Finding Nemo as well, I'll order it together with the Indy set....so the release date change makes absolutely no difference for me.

Marian - who thinks Paramount is miss the point.

Isolated scores are bad business. No company in their right mind would do something like that. It isn't called music BUSINESS for nothing you know.

It would be bad business if the Indy scores were available, but they are not, only Last Crusade is. Film score fans are a rare breed. I personally would buy a score CD AND a DVD of the same film with an isolated score and I think most film score fans are the same way. I own the Witches of Eastwick DVD and yet I am STILL on the lookout for the original release of the Witches soundtrack on ebay and used record stores and such...

Several film score muggles (non film-music liking people) I know own DVDs with iso-scores and they are either (1) not aware that their DVDs contain such a feature or (2) they don't care about the iso-score and never listen to it. I don't see how iso-scores are bad business because the only people that care (film score fans) tend to buy both!

Folks,

just because you don't get it doesn't mean it's not true. It allows people to make bootlegs, it's bad business. Take a business course if you don't believe it.

Mr. A. Ian.

just because you don't get it doesn't mean it's not true. It allows people to make bootlegs, it's bad business. Take a business course if you don't believe it.

I've taken quite a few, being an Economics major. All I know is this... (1)there is not one bootleg film score I own in which I don't also own the legit release and (2) the only reason I bought the Witches of Eastwick DVD is to have the movie with the isolated score.

You have to look at the market for iso-scores. I own the 1941 Laserdisc (with the isolated score track) and I also own the bootleg CD that was taken from the very laserdisc that I myself own. Call me a completist. Movie/record companies make a lot of money off of the completists out there. Just take for example ALL of the versions of the Star Wars films that have been released and rereleased or how about all of the versions of T2:Judgement Day that have come out on DVD. I'm not complaining about all of these releases, I'm just pointing out that they have essentially sold the same product several times over. If its considered a bad business decision then charge an extra $5 or $10 for discs with the isolated scores. Its worth it to me!

Are the Indiana Jones DVDs not going to sell? Isolated score or not? And since there are NO soundtracks in-print for Raiders or Temple, then why not include them? Charge a little extra for it, I'll gladly pay, as will probably everyone on this board AND every Joe-blow out there who just wants the Indy films on DVD.

Um, I hope you didn't take me seriously there. I was merely imitating our favourite record producer, it doesn't have anything to do with my person opinion. As far as I'm concerned - release as many iso scores as possible, if everyone goes on bootlegging it instead of buying the CD, they'd simply have copied the CD otherwise anyway.

Marian - who has the CDs for Alien, The Matrix and Hollow Man, as well as the DVDs with iso score and self-made iso score rips for the first two.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I get broken Image links whenever someone posts pictures in a message board so I don't see the pics.Any idea what Internet Explorer setting I don't have turned on right?

K.M.