Sabrina 2 CD from La-La Land Records (2023)

DangerMotif

1 minute ago, A. A. Ron said:

There's also Sleepers, Seven Years in Tibet, Stepmom and Angela's Ashes.

So not many left! With Sabrina getting the double disc treatment it certainly gives hope that those four others will get some love and hopefully soon!

There's also The Phantom Menace, which of course does already have an expansion, but there's probably still more unreleased music in that then some that haven't been expanded at all

43 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

but I c&c SLEEPERS would be most welcome.

It's, possibly, JW's most overlooked score of the 90s.

It had an academy award nomination.

And I am fine with the OST.

I would rather like to see a C&C presentation of Seven Years in Tibet.

My most desired expansions for 90s JW scores are all Oliver Stone movies: Nixon and JFK (and BOT4J, of course).

Honestly, after The Patriot, I think my biggest JW holy grails are the three Oliver Stone scores.

1 hour ago, Edmilson said:

My most desired expansions for 90s JW scores are all Oliver Stone movies: Nixon and JFK (and BOT4J, of course).

Honestly, after The Patriot, I think my biggest JW holy grails are the three Oliver Stone scores.

Strange how not a single Oliver Stone score has been expanded. I know the box set wasn't likely due to licensing headaches but you'd think at least 1 of the 3 would've been handled by now.

Especially BOTFJ, which is the only MCA Records album that hasn't been expanded.

26 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Strange how not a single Oliver Stone score has been expanded. I know the box set wasn't likely due to licensing headaches but you'd think at least 1 of the 3 would've been handled by now.

Especially BOTFJ, which is the only MCA Records album that hasn't been expanded.

Mavbe because the negotiations to bring them all into one box set take so long.

25 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

SABRINA

SABRINAS

SABRINA ³

How about the hungarian titles?

The Eighth Passenger: Death Sabrina

The Name of the Planet: Death Sabrina

The Final Solution: Death Sabrina

Death Sabrina Comes Back to Life

6 hours ago, crumbs said:

I wonder why is that, though. Is it a rights issue? Problems with the studios or Stone himself? It can't be financial problems, these are beloved John Williams scores, surely they'd sell easily.

16 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

I wonder why is that, though. Is it a rights issue? Problems with the studios or Stone himself? It can't be financial problems, these are beloved John Williams scores, surely they'd sell easily.

And JW has gushed about his collaborations with Stone, lamenting they never had a chance to collaborate again.

He even sequenced BOT4J at one of his recent concerts, so I can't imagine there's reluctance on his end.

Could just be a weird coincidence. I can't imagine the labels aren't interested, and I see no reason Stone himself would block them.

11 minutes ago, Jay said:

I think that there's so many scores in the vaults of all these big studios, by many different composers, and the labels have to ask about ones and then get those done before they can ask for more.

This is an interesting tidbit I've never heard before. So labels can only ask studios about licensing new titles after finishing the ones they've already licensed from said studio?

14 minutes ago, Jay said:

and now in 2023 it's Paramount and Universal that make up 80% of the projects the specialty labels can do

Yet another reason I hope BOT4J is on someone's immediate radar, considering how open Universal are currently. Who knows how long that'll last...

Ditto for Jurassic Park 3.

I just meant that a label can't like, say "here's a list of 200 scores I'd like to license from you please".  I think they only have a handful of projects with any studio at any given time.  I'm not sure when they have to start paying for working on a score either, so obviously if there's money involved they can't have a million things lined up all over town all at once

Hammer Time!

Sabrina, Princess of Darkness

Sabrina Has Risen From the Grave

Taste the Blood of Sabrina

Sabrina Created Woman

Satanic Rites of Sabrina

Sabrina Must Be Destroyed 

Sabrina A.D. 1972

On 26/04/2023 at 7:47 PM, GerateWohl said:

I would be fine with one disk with the complete score plus alternates and second disk with the OST plus all song versions.

Seems my desires come true even better. Not the OST, but even better, all the Songs on disc 2.

GREAT podcast. Can't wait to hear the new album. Amazed to discover the original album only had HALF the score Williams recorded for the picture, and that both discs in this case are chock full. The Mike Lang improvisation on one of the Williams themes from Disc 2 was incredible and very moving to me.

Yavar

Yeah, and it was even kind of a *necessity* because the two Williams songs and medley from the original album didn't even have room to fit on Disc 1 with the rest of the score because there was so much score recorded for the film!

Yavar

In the podcast episode they mentioned a specific performance of the theme with JW playing piano at a concert, and that it was available on youtube.

Can someone find and post the video they were talking about?

On 28/04/2023 at 4:21 AM, Groovygoth666 said:

But after this is there many 90's scores of Williams left without an expansion? (Outside of his Oliver Stone collaborations?)

Hook

JFK

Nixon

Sleepers

Seven Years in Tibet

Stepmom

Angela's Ashes

The Phantom Menace

Those 8 remain incomplete. Out of those, 6 can be expanded by LLL.

1 hour ago, Brundlefly said:

Hook

JFK

Nixon

Sleepers

Seven Years in Tibet

Stepmom

Angela's Ashes

The Phantom Menace

Those 8 remain incomplete. Out of those, 6 can be expanded by LLL.

Yeah not many left, which is exciting, LLL were working on JFK some years ago, but that seems to have been quietly shelved. But don't mind if it's them or any other speciality label, so long as Mike's working on them it's a instant sale for me.