Sabrina 2 CD from La-La Land Records (2023)

DangerMotif

3 minutes ago, Brando said:

Someone made a comment that the artwork looked like it said Sabrina 2 and that’s when everyone started throwing out fake sequel names:lol:

On another note, I am excited for Sabrina 3D

Not the artwork, the thread title.

12 minutes ago, Brando said:

Someone made a comment that the artwork looked like it said Sabrina 2 and that’s when everyone started throwing out fake sequel names:lol:

No, not the artwork, the thread title 

https://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/35351-sabrina-2-cd-from-la-la-land-records-2023/page/2/#comment-1954215

52 minutes ago, Brando said:

You're right, it does look like that!

image.png

2 hours ago, A Farewell to Kings said:

Not the artwork, the thread title.

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Oh whoops:lol:

1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:

You're right, it does look like that!

image.png

Hey, it’s missing the subtitles we’ve been coming up with!

2 hours ago, Bayesian said:

This has turned into the stupidest thread about an expansion ever. Not only has the joke run out of steam, but the coal car is empty, the company supplying the coal has gone into chapter 11 restructuring, the coal mine has been depleted of all its economically recoverable ore, and, um, Congress passed an anti-coal bill with rare bipartisan support.

download.jpeg

Wow, I always split up tracks that are obviously seperate pieces of music that work seperately (or sometimes if it's not so obvious but just feels ok for me to perform surgery).

The Terminal for instance has the ficticious national anthem/source music coupled with the mellow "Homesickness" cure, and the original Schindler's List had the solo guitar piece combined with another track. Combining those is a form of music crime. 

Plenty of other examples. But I only just realized last night that the piano half of "Sabrina's Theme Reprise" works as its own piece. And now it's one of my favorite "tracks" - it's called "Sabrina's Piano" - Didn't take me long at all to think of that track title. I have a real talent for naming tracks. And I've had the CD since the release of the film. It's taken my almost 25 years to realize that. I clearly wasn't listening closely enough. 

I'm curious if that will be its own track on the new release.

And no, that didn't escalate quickly at all! It escalated slowly over what feels like months!

Another score related thought. Perhaps we don't know yet... but did Williams compose any source music ala his breezy jazzy fucky source music of the past? Besides the piano arrangements mention in the podcast? Sourece music unrelated to the film's musical themes?

33 minutes ago, ConcertAttendee said:

(Yes, I know he meant to type 'funky.'   
Mostly...)

Oops. But yes good point. So many missed opportunities! 

Bayesian is right. The titles are stupid. 

The sequel taglines for S2 on the other hand…

Just when you thought it was safe to go back on the dance floor. 

If romance has a name, it must be Sabrina. 

Sabrina’s back in town, with a few days to kill. 

This time, the moonlight is personal. 

The Woman in the dress is back. And this time she’s bringing her date. 

Here they grow in love again. 

She’s up past her bedtime in the city that never sleeps!

The Sabrina Saga Continues…

Getting a date was only the beginning. 

Sabrina. Upside down

Stardate 2023: how on Earth can they save Sabrina?

The battle for Sabrina has begun

They saved the best Sabrina for last, but this time, they may have gone too far

Adventure and imagination meet at the final Sabrina 

Sabrina: a woman beyond your experience, beyond your imagination

11 minutes ago, filmmusic said:

Back to Sabrina.

Did you know that the Sabrina theme itself, has 3 interlocking "tarnhelm" progressions*?

I tackle with this in my doctoral dissertation.

sabrina.png

Weird. I love it how Williams uses such unexpected harmonies, very unusual too for a romantic theme.

*it's the main harmonic progression of i-bvi we find in Darth Vader's theme.

Interesting stuff... even on a score like this he can't help it being a tiny bit Wagnerian ;-)

I do often wonder how conscious this kind of composing is or whether it just flows naturally when it's being written. In this instance it's a way of repeating a fragment of melody a few times but changing the pitch and context each time so it sounds fresh while being essentially the same thing over and over a few times. Guess that's how earworms are created...

16 minutes ago, King Mark said:

So it's what i predicted. 1 hour of Party Sequence music . (I always skip that part on the OST and can't remember if I ever fully listened to it)

yep, not for me. CD 2 will rarely be played, I fear, if I buy this. Perhaps in a few years there will be a reprint of CD 1 alone?